ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 590 of 3903
« First < 90490540580586587588589590 59159259359460064069010901590 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
eDave 06:46 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
So the rest of the country can overreact to the point of destroying our economy and way of life but, I can’t vent a little frustration over it? C’mon now, double standards aren’t going to help this situation any.
One day you will reach the state of Zen where you understand that stress, anxiety, worry, etc. don't do fuck all about anything other than fuck up ones self.

- The Dalai Lama
[Reply]
Demonpenz 06:47 PM 03-21-2020
Just think think this is the way black people have felt all along.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:48 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
So the rest of the country can overreact to the point of destroying our economy and way of life but, I can’t vent a little frustration over it? C’mon now, double standards aren’t going to help this situation any.
The country isn't overreacting. People are doing as they're told by our elected officials to keep us safe and to reduce the number of dead.

We're not unique; This is happening all over the world. We're choosing, as a nation, to stay strong, stay together and put human lives ahead of money.

It's not hysteria nor is it overreaction.
[Reply]
Bwana 06:48 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
Same this entire thing has me stressed beyond belief
Noooooooooo! None of use would have ever guessed.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:51 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
One day you will reach the state of Zen where you understand that stress, anxiety, worry, etc. don't do fuck all about anything other than fuck up ones self.

- The Dalai Lama
Inform the rest of the nation.
[Reply]
SupDock 06:53 PM 03-21-2020

- The Dalai Lama
- Michael Scott
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:54 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Holy shit....cliff notes?
Almost everything in there has been posted itt. The title is weird because every graph in there points to oh shit for the USA. Oh I guess he's saying if you look at it on a per capita basis - we're saved. But that could easily be offset by the fact that we are barely testing so our new case numbers are artificially low compared to those other countries.
[Reply]
Dartgod 06:54 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I went out today for groceries.

I went to four Ralphs supermarkets and two Super Targets. The shelves were pretty much bare everywhere and the refrigerated cases were completely empty at four of the five locations I visited.

Fortunately, between all of the stores, I was able to stock up a bit on Lipton Noodle Soup, buns, bread, hot dogs and pasta, along with a few other treats for my kids.

Still, not a single roll of TP, anywhere to be found.

I spoke to the managers of each and every store and they all said "We have trucks coming but we don't know when or what the trucks will deliver".

The lack of food is definitely worrying.
We did our shopping this morning and got everything we needed except for some chorizo, flour and cooking oil. That includes 2 dozen eggs and a 1/2 gallon of milk. We went to another store a bit later and got the rest of the stuff plus some other items.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:56 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Starting to look like you may have to make a road trip.
Outside of ground beef and a few other things, including toilet paper, I'm stocked up for a month.

What's really helping is that friends are texting from the various stores around town, letting others know who has what in stock at that particular time. It's been working out pretty well the past few days but I'd really like to get a few more things so that I don't need to leave the house for goods for the next 30 days. If that fails, I may drive 30-60 miles inland to see if it's any better there but it's probably just as big of a crapshoot as it is around here.

I'm not worried about myself and my wife has been able to get the food she likes and cooks from Trader Joe's, so it's really about my kids. We're doing our best to downplay this entire situation so that they're not psychologically affected and a big part of that is getting the type of food and brands they're used to eating daily and weekly. That's the been the biggest hurdle so far but I was able to get Oscar Mayer hot dogs, salami, baloney and other things today that will last a couple of weeks if we spread them out.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:56 PM 03-21-2020

- The Dalai Lama
Well said (though I think your translation may be a bit colloquial :-)).
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:57 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
written by some one who has ulterior motives.

The rest of the world is shutting down if anything we are under reacting the numbers from Italy should be a warning to every western country.
We aren't even testing compared to those other countries - so putting any stock in the US case numbers is silly anyway. We know cases are much much higher.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 06:58 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
We did our shopping this morning and got everything we needed except for some chorizo, flour and cooking oil. That includes 2 dozen eggs and a 1/2 gallon of milk. We went to another store a bit later and got the rest of the stuff plus some other items.
You live around Omaha?
Have not been to the stores in several days.
[Reply]
Bwana 06:59 PM 03-21-2020

I went to four Ralphs supermarkets and two Super Targets. The shelves were pretty much bare everywhere and the refrigerated cases were completely empty at four of the five locations I visited.

Fortunately, between all of the stores, I was able to stock up a bit on Lipton Noodle Soup, buns, bread, hot dogs and pasta, along with a few other treats for my kids.

I spoke to the managers of each and every store and they all said "We have trucks coming but we don't know when or what the trucks will deliver".

Well that sucks. I went out one last time yesterday and stocked up on more meat, both freezers are full. Between that and being fully stocked on tasty adult beverages, I think I'm good.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:59 PM 03-21-2020
The country isn't overreacting. People are doing as they're told by our elected officials to keep us safe and to reduce the number of dead.

We're not unique; This is happening all over the world. We're choosing, as a nation, to stay strong, stay together and put human lives ahead of money.

It's not hysteria nor is it overreaction.

We are choosing to allow our elected officials to take away our individual rights to decide what is essential for our lives. I don’t know about you, but going to work everyday is essential to my existence. They are saying otherwise, like they some how know me and my life and can reasonably make that decision for me.

We are choosing to wreck the lives of the masses economically and through the loss of natural rights/civil liberties to save the lives of a few.

It absolutely is hysteria and overreaction.
[Reply]
jjjayb 07:00 PM 03-21-2020

When everyone is buying months worth of groceries all at once when they usually buy a weeks worth, it was bound to happen. It'll level out.
[Reply]
Page 590 of 3903
« First < 90490540580586587588589590 59159259359460064069010901590 > Last »
Up