ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 153 of 256
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163203253 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:42 PM 02-23-2022
Originally Posted by Pants:
The quests and the graphics are incredible and next level stuff. I also felt like the character animations were just a complete quantum leap and made every other game looks like complete ass in comparison. It was just mind-blowing to me.

Just sucks that the open world was so weakly implemented.
Man I hope they make the open world a lot better and implement drop in coop, would love to just walk around and have street fights. :-)

I mean you can do that now but it's not great.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:43 PM 02-23-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Elden Ring sure looks cool. But the fact that it's a Souls game will prevent me from ever playing it. **** those games and their shit fight mechanics.
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That game looked awesome.....until I realized it was basically Dark Souls but open world. No ****ing thanks.
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
These.
Same, not into frustration sims.
[Reply]
Fish 02:31 PM 02-23-2022
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
So it's apparently the most "accessible" Souls-like offering from FromSoft, so there's that. I'd recommend taking a gander at the review below and making your judgements from there:

Motherfucker rolled 15,884 times in that video. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:15 PM 02-23-2022
So first the first time ever, I decided to pursue a romance option in a game where it wasn't required and...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 08:32 PM 02-23-2022
Picked up the youngest kid an oculus last weekend. Haven’t really tried much on it yet, but the roller coaster was pretty cool. Looking forward to finding some cool games for it.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:54 PM 02-23-2022
So first the first time ever, I decided to pursue a romance option in a game where it wasn't required and...

Spoiler!
:-):-):-) I don’t even remember that. The game is so huge that I probably did it and forgot about it.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:41 AM 02-24-2022
Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon:
Picked up the youngest kid an oculus last weekend. Haven’t really tried much on it yet, but the roller coaster was pretty cool. Looking forward to finding some cool games for it.
I've always thought a roller coaster game would be perfect for VR, not sure if Planet Coaster has VR but that would be amazing.

[Reply]
htismaqe 08:31 AM 02-24-2022
GI's Dan Tack says Elden Ring is the "one of the best games ever made"...

https://www.gameinformer.com/review/...hing-adventure
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:59 AM 02-24-2022

This game looks epic and I WANT to play it and love it.

But I know that Dark Souls type games and me just don't mix.....and I'm not going to spend $60 for it to spend hidden away...collecting dust.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:09 AM 02-24-2022
This game looks epic and I WANT to play it and love it.

But I know that Dark Souls type games and me just don't mix.....and I'm not going to spend $60 for it to spend hidden away...collecting dust.
I read a developer interview this morning and he actually said that one of the ways they've made the game more accessible is that, with the open world, you can actually just avoid fights if you don't want them.

So the answer to over-the-top difficulty is just to bypass a central portion of the game. Sounds terrible IMO.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:12 AM 02-24-2022
I read a developer interview this morning and he actually said that one of the ways they've made the game more accessible is that, with the open world, you can actually just avoid fights if you don't want them.

So the answer to over-the-top difficulty is just to bypass a central portion of the game. Sounds terrible IMO.
Soooooooooo what's the point of the game then? Run away from shit and not do anything?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:13 AM 02-24-2022
Soooooooooo what's the point of the game then? Run away from shit and not do anything?
It's an open world where everything is explorable. Enjoy the scenery!
[Reply]
Fish 12:51 PM 02-24-2022
I read a couple of reviews and the first thing they said was "Oh shit, we can actually jump now!"

LOL, that's so Dark Souls..

But yeah, I've also seen lots of reviews saying it's the least Dark Souls type of Dark Souls game yet. It sounds like they listened to some of the frustrations from gamers at least. But the super technical and unforgiving combat looks very similar, with a few tweaks. That's always what made me rage quit. The hour long battles that consisted of 500 precisely timed rolls and 250 perfect parries to defeat the 200' tall boss.

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:11 PM 02-24-2022

My son has been super excited waiting for this to drop.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:18 PM 02-24-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
My son has been super excited waiting for this to drop.
I'm sure plenty of youngsters with fast reflexes and youthful hand/eye coordination will love it. I just can't do it anymore. "git gud" is not an option for someone my age.
[Reply]
Page 153 of 256
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163203253 > Last »
Up