ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 337 of 341
« First < 237287327333334335336337 338339340341 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:36 PM 01-03-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Man. You guys are killing it this winter. Making me jealous.
This. Shot .308 in the military, shoot 30-06 now, but the ballistics on some of these rounds or friends are buying are just amazing.

Look-up the ballistics of a .270 and I bet you get a chubby.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:37 PM 01-03-2024
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
Sorry if it’s already been discussed, but does anyone have any thoughts on the 15-round Springfield Hellcat Pro? I’ve heard good things. Thinking about making this my next purchase.
Not a fan. I've shot them several times. Don't care for the trigger or the ergonomics. But in fairness, one of my friends had one and loved it. And was dead on accurate with it as well. Fucker (barely) outshot me and my P365, which annoyed me to no end.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:38 PM 01-03-2024
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Like! That smooth arc can be worked with...

Ballistics are great on it, terminal performance excellent. Great whitetail round and coyote as well
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:41 PM 01-03-2024
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Ballistics are great on it, terminal performance excellent. Great whitetail round and coyote as well
Like the .270, it's very sexy...
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 08:46 PM 01-03-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Not a fan. I've shot them several times. Don't care for the trigger or the ergonomics. But in fairness, one of my friends had one and loved it. And was dead on accurate with it as well. ****er (barely) outshot me and my P365, which annoyed me to no end.
Interesting. Yeah, I’ve been carrying the P365 for two years now. I really do like it. But, yeah, it’s the accuracy and capacity that intrigues me. My buddy bought one and sent me a video of him consistently hitting a steel target from 50+ yards out. I guess I should drive the three hours and pay him a visit. Lol
[Reply]
Frazod 08:53 PM 01-03-2024
Interesting. Yeah, I’ve been carrying the P365 for two years now. I really do like it. But, yeah, it’s the accuracy and capacity that intrigues me. My buddy bought one and sent me a video of him consistently hitting a steel target from 50+ yards out. I guess I should drive the three hours and pay him a visit. Lol
That guy was the only person I ever saw who shot that well with one, though. We were both working at a gun store with a range, so he did shoot it regularly.

But personally, there are other Springfields I like better. I used to own an XDm and really liked it - sold it and upgraded to my CZ when I got my CCL because it took a 19 round mag and as a result the grip was really long and it printed when I was wearing a t-shirt. But it was a good shooter. I really like their new Echelon as well.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 09:01 PM 01-03-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That guy was the only person I ever saw who shot that well with one, though. We were both working at a gun store with a range, so he did shoot it regularly.

But personally, there are other Springfields I like better. I used to own an XDm and really liked it - sold it and upgraded to my CZ when I got my CCL because it took a 19 round mag and as a result the grip was really long and it printed when I was wearing a t-shirt. But it was a good shooter. I really like their new Echelon as well.
Oh man, I shot an Echelon a few weeks ago. I really liked it. I just get bored easily and I’m thinking about switching up my EDC. Just not sure what I want to go with.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:09 PM 01-03-2024
Oh man, I shot an Echelon a few weeks ago. I really liked it. I just get bored easily and I’m thinking about switching up my EDC. Just not sure what I want to go with.
I was amazed by how much I liked the Echelon. Great gun with an excellent trigger out of the box. Unfortunately the ones we were sent had 10 round mags; otherwise I probably would have bought one on the spot.
[Reply]
srvy 11:52 PM 01-03-2024
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Sort of crazy deal. The gun was produced in 1990 as part of a series with a upscaled stock and nice finish

I have never fired it...been in the safe since day one. Last year I bought a Redneck blind and realized I didn't need a 7mag and I would need a suppressor if i planned to gun hunt from the blind. So I go on the suppressor list a year ago and should have it in a few weeks.

For giggles I bought a new 10-22 stainless with threaded barrel as well...

Now I need to sell a few guns!
I have quite a few 700 classics through the years sold most off but kept one chambered in .300 cal Weatherby Mag .280 Rem .35 whelan. I sold off the rest because I just didn, n't shoot them. There for a while when I got the Christmas bonus it was off to Blarestown for that year's Classic caliber 700.

I loved the straight combed stocks over Monte Carlo BDLs

The yearly runs of 700 classics caliber and year introduced.
https://www.700rifle.com/threads/700...troduced.2740/

The rifle

[Reply]
BWillie 12:08 AM 01-04-2024
Any way they can make a phone that is a gun, also? That way I have a deadly weapon but it doesn't take much pocket space.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:19 AM 01-04-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
I have quite a few 700 classics through the years sold most off but kept one chambered in .300 cal Weatherby Mag .280 Rem .35 whelan. I sold off the rest because I just didn, n't shoot them. There for a while when I got the Christmas bonus it was off to Blarestown for that year's Classic caliber 700.

I loved the straight combed stocks over Monte Carlo BDLs

The yearly runs of 700 classics caliber and year introduced.
https://www.700rifle.com/threads/700...troduced.2740/

The rifle

John Wall would smile dollar bils when I walked in..
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:32 AM 01-04-2024
Looking at a Vortex Viper HST; 6-24 w/ SFP

https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-vipe...icle-EBR-1~MOA

Anybody have any experience with the Viper? I'm trying to figure out why this costs half what some of the high end ones do and the best I can figure is that the really spendy ones are going to be a little better in low light.

Any thoughts?
[Reply]
ghak99 11:57 AM 01-04-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Any way they can make a phone that is a gun, also? That way I have a deadly weapon but it doesn't take much pocket space.
Did your parents have any kids that lived?
[Reply]
penguinz 12:33 PM 01-04-2024
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Did your parents have any kids that lived?
:-)
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 12:46 PM 01-04-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Looking at a Vortex Viper HST; 6-24 w/ SFP

https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-vipe...icle-EBR-1~MOA

Anybody have any experience with the Viper? I'm trying to figure out why this costs half what some of the high end ones do and the best I can figure is that the really spendy ones are going to be a little better in low light.

Any thoughts?
How far out will you be shooting?

They are good scopes, but glass is not as clear as some others. One you start pushing out, you go from looking at 2160P to 720P. Can still get it done, but it’s definitely not going to be the 4K you get the whole time with higher prices.

You get the features, just not high end glass.
[Reply]
Page 337 of 341
« First < 237287327333334335336337 338339340341 >
Up