ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2687 of 3903
« First < 1687218725872637267726832684268526862687 268826892690269126972737278731873687 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:31 AM 07-23-2020
DUNNING KRUGER!
[Reply]
DaFace 08:36 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
You guys didn't like my stats but also have no numbers to refute it :-)

I purely used numbers from worldometers minus NY and NJ out of my own curiosity. If there's an issue with statistics here, talk to the numbers.

Some would rather live in fear than enjoy the possibilities of joy towards positive signs of progress and maybe things aren't quite as bad as the TV says they are. Suddenly we're defending the TV.
You're just doing calculations that were proven inaccurate months ago, so I think we're all just tired of refuting it. For starters, you're using total cases and total deaths while ignoring that there's a lag of up to a month before a case becomes a death. There are probably a dozen other reasons why your calculations don't make sense, but frankly I just don't care enough to get into it again.

There's a reason why people study this stuff their entire lives - the calculations are much more complex than random dudes with no expertise on the internet are going to be able to think through.
[Reply]
Donger 08:40 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
DUNNING KRUGER!

[Reply]
Monticore 08:44 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You're just doing calculations that were proven inaccurate months ago, so I think we're all just tired of refuting it. For starters, you're using total cases and total deaths while ignoring that there's a lag of up to a month before a case becomes a death. There are probably a dozen other reasons why your calculations don't make sense, but frankly I just don't care enough to get into it again.

There's a reason why people study this stuff their entire lives - the calculations are much more complex than random dudes with no expertise on the internet are going to be able to think through.
I did some math myself and if you take women out of the breast cancer statistics it makes you wonder why we have to wear pink for a whole month.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:44 AM 07-23-2020

Hey lay off him. He only had to take college algebra 3 times before he passed, so yeah he pretty much knows exactly what hes talking about.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 08:45 AM 07-23-2020

via GIPHY

[Reply]
O.city 08:50 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
In just a few short months Anders Tegnell, architect of Sweden’s unique response to the Covid-19 pandemic, has gone from unknown physician and technocrat to a household celebrity in Sweden and in countries around the world. He is beloved by some (people have even had tattoos made with his face) and intensely disliked by others. Today he is suntanned and relaxed, having just returned from his summer holiday, and wearing an open-necked polo shirt. Here is a summary of what he said:

- In terms of migrants, travel and urban areas Sweden is more similar to the Netherlands and the UK than Norway or Finland
- Lockdown may have made a difference, but closing schools and people being out of work is also bad for public health
- Numbers of new infections arriving at the same time seems to make a big difference, so Stockholm half-term travellers to the Alps a big factor for Stockholm epidemic
- Eradication is not an option, ‘we have to learn to live with this disease’
- Evidence for masks still very weak, and they may yet be counterproductive. With all the trends going sharply down, it would make no sense to introduce them now
- Additional immunity such as T cells playing a substantial role in slowing spread – ‘what we see right now is a rapid fall in the number of cases, and of course some kind of immunity has to be involved in that as nothing else has changed.’
- Sweden will be better placed than other countries to limit further waves and outbreaks because of higher immunity
It APPEARS at this point that Sweden is pretty much at the end of it. They've paid the price in terms of deaths per population, but if other countries are in it for the long haul they may come out looking better.
[Reply]
Donger 08:52 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
You guys didn't like my stats but also have no numbers to refute it :-)

I purely used numbers from worldometers minus NY and NJ out of my own curiosity. If there's an issue with statistics here, talk to the numbers.

Some would rather live in fear than enjoy the possibilities of joy towards positive signs of progress and maybe things aren't quite as bad as the TV says they are. Suddenly we're defending the TV.
What exactly are you proposing we do differently at this time?
[Reply]
O.city 08:54 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
the deaths lag 4 to 6 weeks...

We're just rolling into them again.
If we look at the last time the cases were where they are now, the lag came 7 days behind.

Now i think that was because we were testing near like we are now so things had already happened so it didn't really matter.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:54 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
That's interesting but let's not act like whites have been perfect. No one has and plenty of blame to go around w all ethic groups. Just cause one sucks more than the others doesnt mean whites have been good at not spreading the virus.
^^^You want to see a perfect example of wanting to have a socially acceptable conversation rather than an honest and real one?

Lets ignore the facts and data and make sure we mention how bad white people have been too!

The truth is cultural differences play a role in this much much more than political ideology does and that political angle shit gets played out in the media, on social media, and here nonstop. And again Hispanic is not a race.
[Reply]
O.city 08:57 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Here in California, the number of new cases has consistently been above 10,000 per day for quite a while.

I can't even imagine how bad it would be in September had the governor not ordered online-schooling for the foreseeable future.
Maybe. It doesn't appear that schooling is the tinderbox spreader for this that it is for the flu.

It looks like SoCal maybe over the peak or atleast at the peak but now the north may be taking off.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:57 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
If we look at the last time the cases were where they are now, the lag came 7 days behind.

Now i think that was because we were testing near like we are now so things had already happened so it didn't really matter.
I think we are catching the infections sooner which would add lag .
[Reply]
petegz28 09:00 AM 07-23-2020
FL has a large spike in deaths today
[Reply]
staylor26 09:07 AM 07-23-2020
Love how people who don’t want to wear their masks, Hispanics, and Trump supporters all get blamed for the spread of COVID but none of those people pointing fingers talk about the fact that we had mass protests all over the country for weeks (still going on in some places).

I’m so sick of people and their agendas on both sides.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:11 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Love how people who simply don’t want to wear their masks, Hispanics, and Trump supporters all get blamed for the spread of COVID but none of those people pointing fingers talk about the fact that we had mass protests all over the country for weeks (still going on in some places).

I’m so sick of people and their agendas on both sides.

[Reply]
Page 2687 of 3903
« First < 1687218725872637267726832684268526862687 268826892690269126972737278731873687 > Last »
Up