ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 262 of 386
« First < 162212252258259260261262 263264265266272312362 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:27 PM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
No the show is done, literally. Alfie made his character develop not the trash writing. You will be disappointed.
Self-fulfilling prophesy right there. You go in expecting the worst, you're gonna go in looking for things to whine about, ignore everything good, and try to make everybody else hate it too, just so you can feel like you were right, no matter what. Social media 101.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:39 PM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
This is why I'm not writing off this show.

The journeys of the characters has always been what has driven this show - and that focus by D&D hasn't wavered. You could not have asked for a better arc from Theon (or better acting from Alfie mother****in' Allen). Love that he went down like a badass.

He also faced the exact same situation he faced with Yara the season before. He had to choose between instant death or fleeing, he died trying to save humanity.

RIP Theon.
Did Theon 'deserve' a redemption arc, though?

It's the thing that you know they'll do with Darth Emo in the Star Wars series - Kylo Ren will get a redemption arc because that's what happens in high fantasy sort of series. But it's not warranted half as often as it's done.

I would've been just as content watching Theon get eaten by wolves even if Alfie Allen really did a nice job with the part.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 03:49 PM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’m just holding out hope that Dany dies.
By going into preterm labor with Jon’s baby?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:10 PM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Did Theon 'deserve' a redemption arc, though?

It's the thing that you know they'll do with Darth Emo in the Star Wars series - Kylo Ren will get a redemption arc because that's what happens in high fantasy sort of series. But it's not warranted half as often as it's done.

I would've been just as content watching Theon get eaten by wolves even if Alfie Allen really did a nice job with the part.
No more than show!Jaime, I'd argue.

Season 2 of this show is seriously overrated. There were major problems in that season by that was covered up by the Tyrion plot being so damn good.

But Jaime killing his ****ing relative was worse than anything he did with the sand sneks in Dorne. That is one of my least favorite scenes in the entire show.

Honestly, I'm interested as to what GRRM does with Theon.. as well as Jaime's. They're both what feels like impossible situations in the books and I'm not sure how they're getting out of them. Theon might be done, but I can't see Jaime getting killed by Lady Stoneheart.

Blah. Where are they even going with Kylo? Was JJ trying to re-create AOTC Anakin? I know people are excited because D&D are rumored to be focused on a trilogy that's centered on Kylo and Rey, but unless they scored GRRM as a writer and an editor who's a stickler for the deadlines - I'm not hopeful.

I'm also not at all hopeful for their TV show Confederate. I'm sure they'll handle the south winning the war and the continuation of slavery with great tact. That movies already been done by a professor at KU. Many scoffed when people were comparing Kevin Wilmott to D&D, until Wilmott won an Oscar for BlacKKKlansman.
[Reply]
Valiant 04:24 PM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Sheer numbers would actually be a disadvantage to the army of the dead. You are looking at an army that has no ranged troops, no cavalry, no siege equipment, and no officers. They can attack and stop and that looks like the limit of their tactical ability. Should of been easy to draw them in and crush them against the walls of winterfell. The wights in the middle can do nothing but wait to get cutdown. That is how you get the Night King to commit to the battlefield.
Well they had 6 more Giants that miraculously disappeared that battle. Then they had an army of dothraki and horses they could have raised.
[Reply]
Valiant 04:26 PM 05-02-2019
So bronn going to kill Jaime, Arya takes Jaime's face and kill cersei?
[Reply]
Fish 04:27 PM 05-02-2019
I really expected to see some zombie horses. But it must not have been in the budget...
[Reply]
Valiant 04:28 PM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
This is why I'm not writing off this show.

The journeys of the characters has always been what has driven this show - and that focus by D&D hasn't wavered. You could not have asked for a better arc from Theon (or better acting from Alfie mother****in' Allen). Love that he went down like a badass.

He also faced the exact same situation he faced with Yara the season before. He had to choose between instant death or fleeing, he died trying to save humanity.

RIP Theon.
Need to rewatch but was he actually dead? I thought he was still moving around a little. Maybe he has a teaser next episode.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 04:41 PM 05-02-2019
Holy shit when Jon yelled at the dragon towards the end he was distracting it for Arya to sneak past. He was actually yelling GO
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:59 PM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Holy shit when Jon yelled at the dragon towards the end he was distracting it for Arya to sneak past. He was actually yelling GO
What in Jon's entire history has led you to believe he's much of a planner? I'm gonna say that was mere coincidence.

"Starks - quick tempers, slow minds..."

I'm gonna say he was just getting ready to get got because he was pretty much out of ideas...
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:03 PM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
What in Jon's entire history has led you to believe he's much of a planner? I'm gonna say that was mere coincidence.

"Starks - quick tempers, slow minds..."

I'm gonna say he was just getting ready to get got because he was pretty much out of ideas...
Someone with the show gave a cheeky response when asked about this. Even some critics for the show have jumped on this theory - saying it wasn’t subtitled because that would have “given things away.”

This makes me wonder if this will “become canon” even if the showrunners had zero intention of this happening (something that Vince Gilligan did with BB quite often).
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:17 PM 05-02-2019
No the show is done, literally. Alfie made his character develop not the trash writing. You will be disappointed.
its done in 3 episodes. 3 weeks. After 8-9 years. Saying the show is over is kind of a given.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:24 PM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by Valiant:
So bronn going to kill Jaime, Arya takes Jaime's face and kill cersei?
that would fulfill what the witch told Cersi. Cersi would think it was a younger brother.

It seems natural that Jamie, Arya and the hound would sneak into Kong’s Landing to kill Cersi. They know the layout really well. Jamie bites it by the mountain. We finally get Cleganebowl. Arya takes the face. Kills Cersi. Fade to black.
[Reply]
Setsuna 05:50 PM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
its done in 3 episodes. 3 weeks. After 8-9 years. Saying the show is over is kind of a given.
I'm glad you took it literally. Thank you.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:10 PM 05-02-2019
I'm glad you took it literally. Thank you.
I was obviously being a smart ass and not taking anything literally. I haven’t been told thank you all day though. Appreciate that. Made my day. I feel validated.
[Reply]
Page 262 of 386
« First < 162212252258259260261262 263264265266272312362 > Last »
Up