ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Chiefs worry about sagging pass-rush production?
htismaqe 10:22 AM 11-26-2020
https://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-cit...ush-production

Should Chiefs worry about sagging pass-rush production?

Originally Posted by :
The Chiefs paid big money to Jones and Clark -- on average $20 million per year through 2023 for Jones and $20.8 million through 2023 for Clark -- to lead their pass rush in games such as Sunday's in Las Vegas, but they aren't always getting results. They are 21st in sacks per opponent dropbacks, at 5%, though they are leading the NFL in pass-rush pressure, which they are getting on almost 40% of the opponent's dropbacks. So while the Chiefs are frequently affecting the opposing quarterback, getting him off his spot or rushing a throw, they aren't as often creating the negative-yardage plays that can get the opposing offense off the field quicker.

[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:36 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Just like it was an issue last year before the corrected it.

Worry is just silly.

Acknowledging an issue and worrying about it are two different things.

Worry is for wussies.
Okay, but if they corrected it, why is it a problem again? You shouldn't have to keep correcting things, especially for as much god damn money that is on that defensive line.

We miss Ogbah, for sure, and Frank Clark just needs to quit thinking hes dwight freeney and doing that fuck off stupidass spin attempt. Lmao its really fucking pathetic and I just cringe every time i see him trying it. Just rush the fucking passer/set the edge.

Im sure that there are some mail in performances happening In these regular season games. Once the playoffs start, I think we will see better effort.
[Reply]
TEX 11:37 AM 11-26-2020
Really?

I'd be interested in knowing which catalysts from 2019 are missing from the lineup this year.

Reggie Ragland DAMMIT!!!!!!! :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:39 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Okay, but if they corrected it, why is it a problem again? You shouldn't have to keep correcting things, especially for as much god damn money that is on that defensive line.

We miss Ogbah, for sure, and Frank Clark just needs to quit thinking hes dwight freeney and doing that fuck off stupidass spin attempt. Lmao its really fucking pathetic and I just cringe every time i see him trying it. Just rush the fucking passer/set the edge.

Im sure that there are some mail in performances happening In these regular season games. Once the playoffs start, I think we will see better effort.
We played without Ogbah for the entirety of our defensive improvement from Week 11 until the Super Bowl last year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:41 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:

There's really no continuity on the line. Spags runs a high-rotation scheme. Most of the guys on the line are above their snap counts from last year, especially Nnadi and KPass.

That's because Okafor has been hurt, Charlton hurt, Danna hurt, Saunders hurt, Pennel suspended. You start to see a picture when you see how many games have been missed by the defensive linemen.
[Reply]
-King- 12:01 PM 11-26-2020
I need him to cite that pressure stat. There's no way the chiefs are leading the league in pressures.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:10 PM 11-26-2020
I’m worried most about red zone defense. We’re dead last in the league and that has to change.

Need to start getting more stops and forcing more FG’s
[Reply]
Redbled 12:17 PM 11-26-2020
There's really no continuity on the line. Spags runs a high-rotation scheme. Most of the guys on the line are above their snap counts from last year, especially Nnadi and KPass.

That's because Okafor has been hurt, Charlton hurt, Danna hurt, Saunders hurt, Pennel suspended. You start to see a picture when you see how many games have been missed by the defensive linemen.

I never thought we would need all the depth we have had. Sure glad we have it.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:19 PM 11-26-2020
If we're leading the league in pressures it's really a non issue. It forces short passes and int's by Dirty dan
[Reply]
COchief 12:20 PM 11-26-2020
Anyone else surprised by Htis's slow descent into the KC version of Knowmo? I get people bitching about the current state of the Chiefs is a little absurd, but it's getting a little ridiculous. Andy still gets cute with calls and kills drives, our D is incredibly inconsistent, and occasionally the team as a whole looks flat or one side of the ball will disappear for a half. It's perfectly ok to criticize or discuss an area of weakness, it doesn't mean the person is a traitor or not a real fan. Chill with the "dey either wif us or against us!" already.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:20 PM 11-26-2020
The Raiders put TONS of cap space into their OL and invested premium draft resources at the skill positions thanks to the Mack trade.

Once they have to decide on paying guys like Jacobs, Agholor, Ruggs, Renfrow, etc., they’re going to lose a little somewhere. Whether they go cheaper on OL or at skill.

Right now they’re in a nice spot with a wealth of talent offensively, as Carr’s salary really isn’t that high anymore relative to most QBs.

If they had even a good defense, they’d be a top 5 team in football.

Now, I would also add that their ‘window’ is only open for a brief time because Carr is still the kind of QB who needs great surrounding support to shine. Once that OL stops providing elite protection, we know what kind of QB he becomes. If they hold onto Carr, and they will, I don’t expect him to play better than he is this season again.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:23 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
I need him to cite that pressure stat. There's no way the chiefs are leading the league in pressures.
Think it meant they are 1st in % of opponent dropbacks that result in pressure.
[Reply]
frozenchief 12:24 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Raiders have a damn good OL. Maybe the best in the NFL though so we have to give them that.
Considering Hudson used to be a Chief, you can say we DID give them that.
[Reply]
-King- 12:32 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Think it meant they are 1st in % of opponent dropbacks that result in pressure.
I know. Still don't believe it. Watch the Rams or the Steelers and tell me we're anywhere near the same league as them when it comes to pressure percentage.
[Reply]
crispystl 01:24 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
I know. Still don't believe it. Watch the Rams or the Steelers and tell me we're anywhere near the same league as them when it comes to pressure percentage.

I also find that stat extremely hard to believe. What’s their definition of “pressure”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:26 PM 11-26-2020
Hell yes they should. 200 mil DL don't stop the rush very well and the pass rush has been dead. Thats you Clark! Thats you Jones!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up