ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Should the Dallas and Detroit tradition be abandoned
Get rid of this stinker 85 70.83%
It’s a wonderful tradition we should keep 29 24.17%
I don’t know why the Gaz tradition lives on 6 5.00%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Should the traditional Thanksgiving games be abandoned?
Bob Dole 08:39 AM 11-26-2020
I think it’s past time to let this Cowboys/Lions Thanksgiving monopoly go to the NFL Films archive.

What day ye?

Poll on the way.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:41 AM 11-26-2020
Not every team wants to host Thanksgiving Day games. Unlike the NBA which the schedule gets rotated around every week, NFL is a different animal. The NBC game is the rotate to the big game on Thanksgiving that is why it was added.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:53 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Well, yeah but I'd just as soon watch the Jets play the Jags over the dog show just because it's football.
Congrats, you're part of the problem. :-)
[Reply]
Redbled 11:49 AM 11-26-2020
And both playing crap games too. I realize the Texans were expected to be ok but why schedule the Redskins? I’m good watching Alex and hoping he does well but other than that today is a big nothingburger.
[Reply]
loochy 11:52 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Well, yeah but I'd just as soon watch the Jets play the Jags over the dog show just because it's football.
First the toilet paper hoarding, now this.

You're just an awful human being.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:02 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If it were truly broke, millions of families would watch the Westminster dog show instead of the Lions.

They don't. It's not broke. Bad football is still a ratings bonanza.
I would guess from a ratings and advertising dollars perspective, the NFL has it pretty good... millions of TVs on across the country, with relatively few people actually watching the game, much less commercials.

Of all the family gatherings... mom's side, dad's side, extended family in different states, etc; the games are always on, but no one is really watching. At least not until the Thursday night game, but then everyone passes out by halftime.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:06 PM 11-26-2020

I’m thankful for the @AZCardinals believing in me enough to trade me for a 2nd rounder ��������

— Deandre Hopkins (@DeAndreHopkins) November 26, 2020

[Reply]
Papi 12:09 PM 11-26-2020
Be nice if all primetime games were flexed to the best matchups or games with the most playoff implications. No one wants the only option to be crap teams and meaningless games.
[Reply]
jettio 12:15 PM 11-26-2020
This is a holiday for giving thanks for one's blessings.

I suppose we can all give Thanks that an occasional triggered snowflake crybaby punkass bitch thread like this one sneaks into the main forum.

I remember one year in the 1970's Dallas gave up the game to St. Louis and Conrad Dobler started a bench clearing brawl with the Dolphins that pretty much shut down the idea of the Lions or the Cowboys giving up the game after that.
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:19 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
The NBA normally picks really interesting games for Christmas Day. I don’t see why the NFL shouldn’t do the same with Thanksgiving.
I don’t totally disagree, although I don’t mind the tradition. But I will say it does seem to be easier year to year to determine which NBA teams will be good vs how quickly that can change in the NFL.
[Reply]
Zap Rowsdower 12:20 PM 11-26-2020
Thanksgiving most people are usually running around getting to the relatives houses and then making small talk once they get there so we usually only get to see bits and pieces of the game. I am fine with it not being one of the bigger games of the year. It's just something to have on in the background.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:23 PM 11-26-2020
Dallas vs Washington is actually a huge game. Those two teams are fighting for the division lead at 3-7.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:25 PM 11-26-2020
Lions are the BEST! 3 fumbles in 8 snaps. Oh and there's an awesome fumble by the Texans. Love watching a shit show!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:25 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Dallas vs Washington is actually a huge game. Those two teams are fighting for the division lead at 3-7.
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Bob Dole 12:48 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by jettio:
This is a holiday for giving thanks for one's blessings.

I suppose we can all give Thanks that an occasional triggered snowflake crybaby punkass bitch thread like this one sneaks into the main forum.

I remember one year in the 1970's Dallas gave up the game to St. Louis and Conrad Dobler started a bench clearing brawl with the Dolphins that pretty much shut down the idea of the Lions or the Cowboys giving up the game after that.
Calm down Francis. God forbid someone post a football question to generate discussion on, you know, a football discussion forum.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:50 PM 11-26-2020
Should rotate to other teams. Better games. The Lions have been an embarrassing for 50 years.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up