ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Should the Dallas and Detroit tradition be abandoned
Get rid of this stinker 85 70.83%
It’s a wonderful tradition we should keep 29 24.17%
I don’t know why the Gaz tradition lives on 6 5.00%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Should the traditional Thanksgiving games be abandoned?
Bob Dole 08:39 AM 11-26-2020
I think it’s past time to let this Cowboys/Lions Thanksgiving monopoly go to the NFL Films archive.

What day ye?

Poll on the way.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:42 AM 11-26-2020
By reading the thread name I thought Bob Dole was referring to hide the sausage.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
[Reply]
Spott 09:44 AM 11-26-2020
Each year I'm thankful that I don't live in Detroit.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:48 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
They gave us a T-day night game so stop whining.
True. The whole reason we have a night game is Lamar Hunt. It is ok for me since someone else has a game.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:49 AM 11-26-2020
They’ll never take the Cowboys out of this bc they are by far the most watched team and this is one of the most watched games.

Won’t let the amazing ratings go away.
[Reply]
trndobrd 09:54 AM 11-26-2020
The Lions and Cowboys games are perfect for that after Thanksgiving dinner snooze, chating with family, or tossing the football around in the yard with the nephews.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:09 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by trndobrd:
The Lions and Cowboys games are perfect for that after Thanksgiving dinner snooze, chating with family, or tossing the football around in the yard with the nephews.
Agreed. It's something that can just be on in the background. I guess I don't NEED Thanksgiving Day to be full of hugely important games. I do hate watching the shitty Cowboys and shitty Lions. I'm a big fan of tradition so this one was tough for me.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:12 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They’ll never take the Cowboys out of this bc they are by far the most watched team and this is one of the most watched games.

Won’t let the amazing ratings go away.
Yep.

The only way for these games to change is for the ratings to drop.

They could put the Jets and Giants on Thanksgiving Day and it would be a ratings powerhouse.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:12 AM 11-26-2020
I was just thinking about this. This has to be the worst NFL tradition. The cowboys and lions games always stink. Doing things a certain way just because you've always done it that way is never a good rationale.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:21 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
This is partially why a 3rd game was added in 2006. Which the Chiefs played in.
Really? Because I’m 18 and didn’t realize that. Thanks for the heads up.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:22 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
My favorite Thanksgiving ever was the one the Chiefs played the Broncos. Wasn't that the Elway/Montana game???
I looked back , it was 2006 . Jake Plummer vs Trent Green . :-)

But it was a fun game because we won 19-10
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:23 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I was just thinking about this. This has to be the worst NFL tradition. The cowboys and lions games always stink. Doing things a certain way just because you've always done it that way is never a good rationale.
That's not the reasoning.

They do this because it works, not because it's the way they've always done it.

The NFL isn't about to fix something that isn't broke.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:26 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's not the reasoning.

They do this because it works, not because it's the way they've always done it.

The NFL isn't about to fix something that isn't broke.
It's broke . The Lions have sucked ever since Barry Sanders left. Wait, they even sucked with Barry Sanders but he gave us a real reason to watch with some interest.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:27 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
It's broke . The Lions have sucked ever since Barry Sanders left. Wait, they even sucked with Barry Sanders but he gave us a real reason to watch with some interest.
If it were truly broke, millions of families would watch the Westminster dog show instead of the Lions.

They don't. It's not broke. Bad football is still a ratings bonanza.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:38 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If it were truly broke, millions of families would watch the Westminster dog show instead of the Lions.

They don't. It's not broke. Bad football is still a ratings bonanza.
Well, yeah but I'd just as soon watch the Jets play the Jags over the dog show just because it's football.

Seriously maybe they should take a national poll and award the teams with the largest fanbase not named the Patriots. I think I'll always despise the Patriots because their fans are assholes.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:40 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Really? Because I’m 18 and didn’t realize that. Thanks for the heads up.
Your welcome. Happy thanksgiving!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up