ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 24
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So have we hit the Justin Herbert is overhyped mark yet?
Mecca 11:05 AM 11-23-2020
I get his numbers are good but I've got people on ESPN saying he'll be a top 3 QB by the end of next year...fansided saying he should be an MVP candidate right now when his team has 3 wins...

WTF is going on here?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:08 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:

good vid that shows he's still very much learning stuff at the NFL level. that's kinda what makes him scary, though. his ceiling is through the roof.

it's a very good thing we have mahomes
Everybody's ceiling is through the roof in their 1st year.

The only thing that makes him "scary" is assuming he WILL learn all the things he needs to learn. That book hasn't been written yet, no matter how much people want to close it.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 10:59 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Everybody's ceiling is through the roof in their 1st year.

The only thing that makes him "scary" is assuming he WILL learn all the things he needs to learn. That book hasn't been written yet, no matter how much people want to close it.
People said that about Mahomes and Watson, too.

He's scary for defenses right now, as a rookie. If I'm a DC, i'm definitely more worried about him than at least ~20 other QBs.

If he improves even a little he's a top-5 QB. I'll bet on that. He has elite arm talent and is a plus athlete. He's like a more polished Josh Allen, and I was a big believer in Allen from the get go even with his rough edges. You can throw dynamite on the hype train if you want, but I'm sold on him moving forward. Not saying things can't change, but what he's shown so far warrants the reaction he's been getting. No one is saying the book is closed, they're rightfully excited about what this guy is doing and what he could be moving forward.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:17 PM 11-25-2020
People said that about Mahomes and Watson, too.

He's scary for defenses right now, as a rookie. If I'm a DC, i'm definitely more worried about him than at least ~20 other QBs.

If he improves even a little he's a top-5 QB. I'll bet on that. He has elite arm talent and is a plus athlete. He's like a more polished Josh Allen, and I was a big believer in Allen from the get go even with his rough edges. You can throw dynamite on the hype train if you want, but I'm sold on him moving forward. Not saying things can't change, but what he's shown so far warrants the reaction he's been getting. No one is saying the book is closed, they're rightfully excited about what this guy is doing and what he could be moving forward.
People said that about Watson and Mahomes.

One of them turned out to be great, the other is pretty much middle of the pack.

As far as the reaction he's been given, talking about him as a top 5 QB or a potential MVP candidate is just laughable.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 11:20 PM 11-25-2020
People said that about Watson and Mahomes.

One of them turned out to be great, the other is pretty much middle of the pack.

As far as the reaction he's been given, talking about him as a top 5 QB or a potential MVP candidate is just laughable.
Watson is definitely not middle of the pack. He's top-10. He has a shitty organization with a coach who ruined his team.

I'm not saying Herbet is either of those right now. But moving beyond this season? Yeah, I think he'll be in those conversations. It's a projection based off what I have seen. Not a declaration of what he is right now.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:20 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Herbert and the Chargers will be overhyped as usual next offseason as the “sleeper contender” for 2021 only to underwhelm yet again.
Dallas-Chargers SB next year. You heard it here first. And on 30 national sport shows in the coming offseason...
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:21 PM 11-25-2020
Watson is definitely not middle of the pack. He's top-10. He has a shitty organization with a coach who ruined his team.

I'm not saying Herbet is either of those right now. But moving beyond this season? Yeah, I think he'll be in those conversations. It's a projection based off what I have seen. Not a declaration of what he is right now.
Watson is DEFINITELY not top 10.

We can agree to disagree because this conversation is going nowhere. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 11:27 PM 11-25-2020

Yup. Watson is having a career year without Hopkins and an interim coach. That should tell you everything you need to know.

He’d be incredible if he had Andy’s coaching.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 11:44 PM 11-25-2020
Watson is DEFINITELY not top 10.

We can agree to disagree because this conversation is going nowhere. :-)
Would you list the QBs you'd take ahead of him if I promise not to argue with you over it, because I am genuinely curious who you have ahead of him :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:26 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yup. Watson is having a career year without Hopkins and an interim coach. That should tell you everything you need to know.

He’d be incredible if he had Andy’s coaching.
Yep. His career year is right at 11th in the league. Top half certainly but not top 10 and certainly not elite.

There are things about Watson you cannot coach, not even Andy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:26 AM 11-26-2020
Would you list the QBs you'd take ahead of him if I promise not to argue with you over it, because I am genuinely curious who you have ahead of him :-)
Already did this exercise. People can't help themselves, it would spark a fight so no, I won't do it again. :-)
[Reply]
SAGA45 10:43 AM 11-26-2020
Already did this exercise. People can't help themselves, it would spark a fight so no, I won't do it again. :-)
Can you link to or quote that "exercise" then? I'm genuinely curious as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:49 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Can you link to or quote that "exercise" then? I'm genuinely curious as well.
Enjoy.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=334613
[Reply]
SAGA45 11:18 AM 11-26-2020
Enjoy.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=334613
Scanned the thread...didn't see you specifically list 10 QB's you personally feel are better than Watson. Or did I miss that post?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:23 AM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Scanned the thread...didn't see you specifically list 10 QB's you personally feel are better than Watson. Or did I miss that post?
Sorry man, we've had this conversation so many times, I don't know where I posted it.

I'm just not a Watson fan. For me, there's more to a QB than a live arm and athletic ability.

I wanna see intangibles and I don't see it in Watson. He's the guy that hangs his head when things go bad. He's not an igniter, he doesn't play the position with a lot of positive passion.

He also lacks in ball placement and without a WR like Hopkins, he's always going to struggle with low percentage passes.

For better or worse, I tend to evaluate QB's on "championship" potential. The guy in the OP, Justin Herbert might have it. It's still too early to tell and hyping him now is an exercise in impatience.

I've seen enough of Watson though. He doesn't have "it" and it's unlikely he ever will. The BOB excuse is just that, an excuse.
[Reply]
SAGA45 11:33 AM 11-26-2020
Sorry man, we've had this conversation so many times, I don't know where I posted it.

I'm just not a Watson fan. For me, there's more to a QB than a live arm and athletic ability.

I wanna see intangibles and I don't see it in Watson. He's the guy that hangs his head when things go bad. He's not an igniter, he doesn't play the position with a lot of positive passion.

He also lacks in ball placement and without a WR like Hopkins, he's always going to struggle with low percentage passes.

For better or worse, I tend to evaluate QB's on "championship" potential. The guy in the OP, Justin Herbert might have it. It's still too early to tell and hyping him now is an exercise in impatience.

I've seen enough of Watson though. He doesn't have "it" and it's unlikely he ever will. The BOB excuse is just that, an excuse.
I saw all that...your evaluation and critique of his game. I just wanted to know exactly which 10 QB's you rank above him. That's all.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 24
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up