ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 24
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So have we hit the Justin Herbert is overhyped mark yet?
Mecca 11:05 AM 11-23-2020
I get his numbers are good but I've got people on ESPN saying he'll be a top 3 QB by the end of next year...fansided saying he should be an MVP candidate right now when his team has 3 wins...

WTF is going on here?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:08 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I appreciate Mahomes , and never ever say spoiled because it makes it seem like you're a bandwagoner.

When the playoffs hit or when the Chiefs win the 2020 SB, it will be absolutely nauseating when people claim that they're lifelong Chiefs fans if they arrive on the BB.
I didn't mean spoiled as in living a perpetual life of ease, I meant spoiled as in having a skewed view of what quality QB play should look like.

As in, if Mahomes didn't exist, we would be bitterly jealous to see another division rival with a QB with that skill level
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:15 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I didn't mean spoiled as in living a perpetual life of ease, I meant spoiled as in having a skewed view of what quality QB play should look like.

As in, if Mahomes didn't exist, we would be bitterly jealous to see another division rival with a QB with that skill level
Got to qualify that because that brings a strong emotional response of remembering the anguish of the QB teeter totter we've suffered through.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:23 PM 11-24-2020
Man, the guy has a really big arm. But still too many questions to answer. For right now I'd take Kyler who can beat you with his athleticism while also being a dangerous passer or Burrow (I trust the brain over the arm). Maybe he's just unlucky in losing so many close games or maybe he's just Matt Stafford. Maybe he'll evolve as a cerebral QB or maybe he's a one-read guy like Jared Goff. The reason Mahomes has stayed great is because he's adapted to how defenses adjusted to him.

But yeah, the Chargers should be happy to have him. Definitely has huge upside. 10 years ago we'd all be ecstatic to have him.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:53 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I appreciate Mahomes , and never ever say spoiled because it makes it seem like you're a bandwagoner.

When the playoffs hit or when the Chiefs win the 2020 SB, it will be absolutely nauseating when people claim that they're lifelong Chiefs fans if they arrive on the BB.
I'm a late arrival to the Kingdom (2014), but I always tell people at least I was here before Mahomes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:06 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

He can put the ball in tight windows and has pretty good deep ball accuracy. He also isn't great at reading a defense and right now struggles beyond his 1st or 2n read.

So no, bitterly jealous, probably not. He looks good so far and we'd glad to have him but we weren't bitterly jealous of Jay Cutler, for example.
[Reply]
Basileus777 11:58 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I think Tua's ankle got rolled up on so they wanted to be cautious.
No, he wasn't hurt. They said postgame that he was benched for performance reasons.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:04 AM 11-25-2020
He's a piece of shit
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:11 AM 11-25-2020
I'm joking (of course) I think he's good.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:12 AM 11-25-2020
I've watched most if the Chargers games and Herbert is no doubt a decent prospect but he has a weird trend of starting off very hot in the first two quarters and then fading badly down the stretch once teams make adjustments. I'm not sure he's ever thrown more than one td in the second half this season.

Sam Darnold, Daniel Jones, Baker Mayfield, Carsen Wentz, Lamar Jackson etc all had great seasons/spells..but the truth is only revealed once a qb has the best defensive minds in the game sit down and study his tendencies and create game plans specifically designed to stop HIM...how does that qb respond? The great ones thrive under those circumstances so we'll see what happens with Herbert. Flores done well agsinst him and Fangio made adjustments that shut him down late...it will be very interesting to see what he does against the Bills, Pats and Denver in these next six games.
[Reply]
Best22 02:07 AM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
The AFC has become a hotbed of good young QBs overnight. Perennial bottom feeders like the Bengals, Dolphins, Bills, Browns, and Chargers have something to look forward to. Plus, Trevor Lawrence may be on his way to the Jets. Mahomes is a class above all these players, but the AFC will become very contested in the near future if these players develop into stars.

Meanwhile, the NFC has Murray, Prescott, and not much else in young QBs.
Also Deshaun Watson. Statically he’s having his best season
[Reply]
lcarus 02:57 AM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
There's Rams fans, and there's fans of outside city teams packing sports bars but there ain't any Chargers fans. 1 in 500. I live in L.A. I ain't some yokel that thinks L.A.sports fans suck. They don't. Rams, Lakers, Dodgers, the two college teams and the Kings get all kinds of love. The Chargers are basically the Clippers, they could move to Alaska and two people might be bummed for about five minutes and then go root for somebody else.
They should've stayed in San Diego. What a dumb move.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:40 AM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He can put the ball in tight windows and has pretty good deep ball accuracy. He also isn't great at reading a defense and right now struggles beyond his 1st or 2n read.

So no, bitterly jealous, probably not. He looks good so far and we'd glad to have him but we weren't bitterly jealous of Jay Cutler, for example.
He is a one read QB right now but that is primarily because of his mechanics. His eyes look like they are processing but his footwork falls behind as he moves away from Read 1..similar to Trubisky.

Which is why Trubisky is a nice buy low candidate if he ends up in a simplified Josh Allen, Justin Herbert offense. Nagy is horrible at hiding the flaws.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:49 AM 11-25-2020
I'm just glad that as a Chiefs fan, we don't even have to worry about trying to find a QB for the next 15 years.
[Reply]
Sofa King 06:55 PM 11-25-2020
Lol NSFW
Attached: A9350B13-21CD-4F87-8CAA-DB2C5C19D2FC.jpg (61.5 KB) 
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 07:54 PM 11-25-2020

good vid that shows he's still very much learning stuff at the NFL level. that's kinda what makes him scary, though. his ceiling is through the roof.

it's a very good thing we have mahomes
[Reply]
Page 8 of 24
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up