ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3197 of 3903
« First < 2197269730973147318731933194319531963197 31983199320032013207324732973697 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 11:48 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
https://web.archive.org/web/20201126...ue-to-covid-19
It's hard to know what to do with that given that it's an article in a student newspaper (which has since been removed), but it directly contradicts what the CDC's own page about it.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm

I'm guessing that the data she was using didn't mean what she thought it did. It's pretty laughable to think that deaths aren't up this year if you just talk to people who work at hospitals.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:08 AM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
My older brother texted me this morning and he and his wife tested positive. She is a nurse in KC so brought it home with her probably. So far they both have flu symptoms but other wise doing decent.
Hope the symptoms stay at that level and go no further.

I use to come in through the basement after work, take all my clothes off, throw them in the laundry, take a shower before seeing the family. I was never concerned about myself getting AIDs, TB etc at work. It was worried about bringing something home.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:50 AM 11-27-2020
PCR-Based Covid Testing Has Failed

An epidemic is defined as the wide spread of an infectious disease. The final letter of Covid is ‘D’ for ‘disease’. A disease requires symptoms. Public Health England’s National COVID-19 case definition required the presence of symptoms. Somehow symptoms have become irrelevant. We are now chasing down the healthy, immune population who are being over-tested. This includes those in hospital with other symptoms and for other reasons. If we tested for influenza in the same way and with the same implications, we would have to lock down every winter.

A false positive pseudo-epidemic is a well described phenomenon in the medical literature which results in an exponential rise in diagnosed cases and deaths but no excess deaths. PCR testing is renowned for it and the “second wave” of Swine Flu in 2009 was entirely a false positive pseudo-epidemic only stopped by stopping the testing. SAGE have been focused on the constant low false positive rate of the testing equipment but the false positive rate of the whole testing process is variable and can rise.

2) The tests are not measuring the disease. It is nonsense to rely simply on positive test cases without requiring the presence of symptoms to define the scale of the epidemic. However, if positive tests are to be used, determination of the test accuracy rate is absolutely essential (especially the false positive rate). These should be independently determined. This work must be current to assess the current rates. Those defending the tests claim they have been quality checked by the use of “whole genome sequencing” – but that test has never been used as a diagnostic test in this way either, so it’s like using one unvalidated process to validate another.

(The final page of this briefing provides some more background on why even an apparently low FPR can be so misleading.)

Symptom trackers, NHS triage data and GP consultation data all show that patients attending with Covid like conditions back to background levels; yet positive test results continued to rise during this time. This strongly implies that the test results are picking up largely false positives.

Using a figure of 2% for FPR, a 20% false negative rate, and incidence in the population of 0.5%, around 83% of all positive tests results would be misdiagnoses.

This document has been authored by:

Clare Craig BM BCh FRCPath (clare.craig@gmail.com)
Jonathan Engler MBChB LLB (jengler@outlook.com)
Mike Yeadon BSc Hons (Biochem-tox) PhD (Pharmacol) (yeadon_m@yahoo.co.uk)
Christian McNeill LL.B and Dip LP (christian.mcneill@icloud.com)

https://lockdownsceptics.org/pcr-bas...has-failed-us/
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:58 AM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
My mom: Oh don't worry, we're taking this very seriously. Oh I know, I know, we're being very careful.

Also my mom: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fly home for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I don't think my family comprehends that it's possible to catch covid from someone you love. It's like quantum mechanics to them.
This is exactly the mindset with my in-laws. It's baffling. As if somehow we exist in a different dimension than our neighbors with Covid.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:36 AM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This is exactly the mindset with my in-laws. It's baffling. As if somehow we exist in a different dimension than our neighbors with Covid.
Had that same conversation with family in Springfield. Just wear a mask on the plane, you'll be fine. It'll just be us family. About 25 of us. I ask, Don't you have a shortage of hospital beds? Serious outbreak going on? Response.... Most of us wear the masks most of the time in public. They get claustrophobic sometimes and people dont want to wear them and anyway, they don't work its just so we can feel safe.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:02 AM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
For your daily dose of politicians taking the "do as I say, not as I do" approach, Denver's mayor decided to travel for Thanksgiving...after telling everyone not to travel for thanksgiving. Infuriating.
Gee.... our Mayor did it too. as did others.(not following their own "instructions")

....and people wonder why some think it's overblown.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:31 AM 11-27-2020
LA County shut of power to a shit load of people last night to "avoid wild fires".

Edit: So Donger doesn't have a brain hemorrhage again, power was shut of in LA County.......
[Reply]
Donger 09:33 AM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
LA County shut of power to a shit load of people last night to "avoid wild fires".
No, SCE did. Why did you post this here?
[Reply]
petegz28 09:48 AM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
No, SCE did. Why did you post this here?
Fuck off, Donger.
[Reply]
Donger 09:53 AM 11-27-2020
**** off, Donger.
Just curious why you posted that here. Conspiracyz?
[Reply]
petegz28 10:02 AM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Just curious why you posted that here. Conspiracyz?
Just to piss you off and watch you dwell on it....
[Reply]
Donger 10:06 AM 11-27-2020
Just to piss you off and watch you dwell on it....
Right pete.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:11 AM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Gee.... our Mayor did it too. as did others.(not following their own "instructions")

....and people wonder why some think it's overblown.
Some people also think it was caused by 5G towers, and some people don't think rules should apply to them. In all cases, those people are either morons, assholes or both.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:19 AM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Some people also think it was caused by 5G towers, and some people don't think rules should apply to them. In all cases, those people are either morons, assholes or both.
Wuh??? I have not heard that one yet.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:21 AM 11-27-2020
Wife feels better. I feel okay. Nothing major. Chest doesn’t feel heavy anymore.

I think I’m in the mild symptom category of this thing
[Reply]
Page 3197 of 3903
« First < 2197269730973147318731933194319531963197 31983199320032013207324732973697 > Last »
Up