ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NFT - Lego Sets
Mephistopheles Janx 10:17 PM 02-10-2019
I figure that there are a lot of parents on CP buying sets for their kids and adults who still enjoy putting together more complicated Lego sets so I thought I would share. While browsing through Reddit I came across a company called Lepin/Nouago who makes knockoff lego sets. Most everyone on that subreddit had great things to say about them so I placed an order for "The Old Fishing Store".

Lego sold (it is now a retired set) it for $150 and it sells for twice that on eBay now. I paid $70 including shipping and the set arrived in less than 2 weeks. The quality of this set is amazing. Everything locks in tight and the attention to detail is phenomenal.

Lepin also sells sets like the Millenium Falcon UC for $236 when the original set was sold by Lego for $800... among a ton of other Star Wars builds.

The site I purchased from (specifically the Lepin Collection): https://www.yourwobb.com/collections/lepin

Pics:

/Didn't really feel like this belonged in media but please shift to whatever forum feels right.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 03:30 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:

Well they're not EXACTLY the same. A read a few reviews online and while it is largely the same, the manufacturing and quality control isn't quite up to lego's standards. Apparently from time to time you'll see sprue marks and other slight imperfections on the bricks. It wouldn't bother me or my child, but you wouldn't be able to trick a hardcore collector into buying it or anything.

BTW I intend to buy a ton of mini figures for my son. They are about 75 cents on AliExpress.com...that's worth waiting a month for shipping. I can get him the entire star wars and ninjago collections (and the Lord of the Rings stuff for me :-))

beware from what I've read the figures are often not correct, they re-use parts from other sets to get close, but things like hair/masks can be wrong.

also, the biggest knock seems to be fit, so especially for younger kids who will want to handle the built set it is more likely to fall apart.
[Reply]
stumppy 03:33 PM 02-11-2019

Well they're not EXACTLY the same. A read a few reviews online and while it is largely the same, the manufacturing and quality control isn't quite up to lego's standards. Apparently from time to time you'll see sprue marks and other slight imperfections on the bricks. It wouldn't bother me or my child, but you wouldn't be able to trick a hardcore collector into buying it or anything.

BTW I intend to buy a ton of mini figures for my son. They are about 75 cents on AliExpress.com...that's worth waiting a month for shipping. I can get him the entire star wars and ninjago collections (and the Lord of the Rings stuff for me :-))
Yea, I get that. For 8,9, and 10 year olds who only play with them they'll be fine. Thanks for the heads up though.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 03:36 PM 02-11-2019
Saw a knockoff Lego set that was a model of Himeji castle. It was cool looking but not worth the price.
[Reply]
Fish 03:37 PM 02-11-2019
Mega bloks > Lego
[Reply]
loochy 03:49 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Mega bloks > Lego

[Reply]
loochy 03:50 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
beware from what I've read the figures are often not correct, they re-use parts from other sets to get close, but things like hair/masks can be wrong.

also, the biggest knock seems to be fit, so especially for younger kids who will want to handle the built set it is more likely to fall apart.
this is the only way my child will ever get the Death Star set...because I sure as hell won't pay $500 for that thing
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 04:20 PM 02-11-2019
this is the only way my child will ever get the Death Star set...because I sure as hell won't pay $500 for that thing

yeah, I'm still contemplating the Hogwarts castle for my kid. Less than half price.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:37 PM 02-11-2019
My daughter found these for me for Christmas. I am the guy in a red of course. On the back it has my name. Surrounded by Mountain Dew. You can personalize legos from some company

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
threebag 04:42 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
If you are over 30-never buy brix kits. I have a helmet I have started 3 times.

I now have the 12 year old girl putting it together for me. Damn small pieces.

The HELLmet... we have started it about 5 times.
[Reply]
threebag 04:43 PM 02-11-2019
Mega bloks > Lego
Yeah... No
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:28 PM 02-11-2019
Read up on www.reddit.com/r/lepin

Several people have built it and have discussed the issues they have had while building it. Some sets have known issues and workarounds.

Glad that this now makes it possible for your kid to get the death star set. (Notice that the player doesn't say star wars but star plan). That aside, it's nearly identical.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:34 PM 02-11-2019
Mega bloks > Lego
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Yeah... No
Mega blocks has a legit USS Enterprise that I'm considering.

[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:44 AM 02-12-2019
I have a general LEGO question. Are exclusives or limited editions actually temporary items? If so, how long are they usually available?
[Reply]
loochy 07:38 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
Read up on www.reddit.com/r/lepin

Several people have built it and have discussed the issues they have had while building it. Some sets have known issues and workarounds.

Glad that this now makes it possible for your kid to get the death star set. (Notice that the player doesn't say star wars but star plan). That aside, it's nearly identical.
That's OK...I'm not above using Kragl and the Sword of Exact 0.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:49 AM 02-12-2019
I'd like to find a horror movie based lego kit. Seems like a fun collection.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up