ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 40
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs to hire Matt House as LB coach [no, really - they actually are this time]
RealSNR 08:46 AM 02-08-2019

Source: the Chiefs are expected to hire University of Kentucky defensive coordinator Matt House as their linebackers coach.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) February 8, 2019

Holy shit. I actually thought we should just straight up hire this guy as DC. He was on my list of top 3 candidates. We got him as LB coach?

Fucking homerun hire if it comes to pass
[Reply]
In58men 10:01 AM 02-12-2019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:04 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
dude... someone just paid the buyout clause thats in his uk contract.

nothing cutthroat about that.
Dude, the Chiefs set their sights on an asset and when presented with adversity, did not flinch or back away.

I know you're being obtuse so I'm going to say this more for the benefit of everyone else present:

There is no way in hell Clark Hunt would have approved the continuation of this move prior to getting his ass whipped in an embarrassing fashion, at home, by the New England Patriots.

Old Clark would have said, "eh, move on". You KNOW this is true. EVERYONE knows this is true. He just wasn't that aggressive and you know it. And you can't compare this to picking up Reid or Peeholi because those are HIGH LEVEL hires where he was directly involved in the entire process. This was a Linebackers coach position. But his guys( Reid/Spags )selected Matt House as their #1 choice for the job, and by extension he became Clark's #1 guy for the job. And Clark wasn't going to be denied his #1 guy by money, some jank-ass college, or anything else.

You can sit there and say "it was just a buyout" and technically you would be correct. But this isn't about technicalities exclusively. It's also about absolutely REFUSING to be denied what you are seeking in the quest to win a championship and beyond. Even a simple positional coach.

And it's about to spill over into player personnel, which I know you're just itching to argue about but don't worry; it's coming.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:05 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I've always thought assistant coaches were really nice to have. Defensive coordinator is a far more important hire. But getting adding house and Daly turns a meh spagnuolo hire into a potential home run.
Getting Daly and House really elevates the Spags hire, yes.
[Reply]
scho63 10:07 AM 02-12-2019
"Put your Matt House in
Your Matt House out
Your Matt House in
And shake it all about
You do the hokey pokey
And turn yourself around
That's what it's all about"
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:10 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
You can sit there and say "it was just a buyout" and technically you would be correct. But this isn't about technicalities exclusively. It's also about absolutely REFUSING to be denied what you are seeking in the quest to win a championship and beyond.
What Patrick Mahomes did for Clay,
Matt House is doing for Sweet Daddy Hate.

It's all rainbows and sunshine going forward on CP as we hold hands and do trust falls on the way to the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:10 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

The Mahomes Effect!!
Here's what I don't understand.

If the Chiefs don't win the SB next year, NOBODY is blaming Patrick Mahomes. He's our golden child; he could run over my dog and I'd blame myself for letting him outside....even if Mahomes drove drunk through my living room to run him over.

So if you want to talk about 'betting on yourself', this is a MASSIVE gamble by these guys. I mean the defense is gonna take some serious shit if it doesn't turn around in a hurry and there's still a solid chance that there are genuine talent issues up and down that side of the ball.

I love this hire but man, it sure is ballsy by both him and Daly.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:12 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

If the Chiefs don't win the SB next year, NOBODY is blaming Patrick Mahomes. He's our golden child; he could run over my dog and I'd blame myself for letting him outside....even if Mahomes drove drunk through my living room to run him over.

So if you want to talk about 'betting on yourself', this is a MASSIVE gamble by these guys. I mean the defense is gonna take some serious shit if it doesn't turn around in a hurry and there's still a solid chance that there are genuine talent issues up and down that side of the ball.

What's the alternative?
[Reply]
O.city 10:12 AM 02-12-2019

Wouldn't you think if they're making these decisions to come here, that says they don't feel it's a talent thing? I mean I know money talks, but if they're ok trying this, they've gotta feel pretty good about it?

Or the Chiefs have told them they're bringing in a bunch of guys or something
[Reply]
O.city 10:13 AM 02-12-2019
Plus in terms of turning around the D, I don't think it could get much worse so there's no where to go but up.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:14 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
What Patrick Mahomes did for Clay,
Matt House is doing for Sweet Daddy Hate.

It's all rainbows and sunshine going forward on CP as we hold hands and do trust falls on the way to the Super Bowl.

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:15 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Plus in terms of turning around the D, I don't think it could get much worse so there's no where to go but up.
Exactly.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:16 AM 02-12-2019

Ballsy? Or confident?

Obviously, both of them (and Spags too) think they can get it done. That's a good thing.
[Reply]
wazu 10:18 AM 02-12-2019

Completely agree. Spags/Reid must be great salesmen. Would love it if KC became a career launching point for coaches on the defensive side of the ball, though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:18 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I've always thought assistant coaches were really nice to have. Defensive coordinator is a far more important hire. But getting adding house and Daly turns a meh spagnuolo hire into a potential home run.
Scheme is a DC issue.

Technique/responsibility is a position coach issue.

I think we had SERIOUS problems with our position coaches this year. Certainly some scheme issues, but in the end the individual mental errors happening play after play, week after week, demonstrates significant shortcomings among our position coaches.

I'm damn excited to see Hunt spending money in ways that has no bearing on the cap but can significantly alter the trajectory of the team. There's no cap on coach spending, Clark. And the Chiefs are going to make money hand over fist as long as Patrick Mahomes is here (especially when you aren't having to give him that big signing bonus right now).

Throwing money at the coaching staff is incredibly cost effective and smart.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:21 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
What's the alternative?
For House? Staying at Kentucky until he can maybe get hired directly into an NFL DC gig. His stock was flying up after turning a basketball school's defense into a genuine monster.

For Daly, I'm not sure really what his relationship with BB was or if he still had a home there if he wanted it. I will say that if I could stay under BB and continue to learn from the greatest coach in NFL history or go back and coach under Spags and a HC that is largely indifferent to the defense, I'd almost certainly stay under BB. His defensive coaches have shown a lot more upward mobility than Reid's.

These are just ballsy defections from both guys. Staying put would've been a lot easier and very possibly better paths to bigger jobs.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 40
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up