ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 33
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official AAF Discussion Thread***
11Chiefs 09:40 AM 02-07-2019
The first games of the Alliance of American Football (AAF) are this weekend. I haven't followed it and at this point I'm not that interested. However, a friend called me all excited. He said CBS will be carrying all the games... that seems interesting. I seen an NFL Network logo on the AAF website... that seems interesting.

What's your take? Is your DVR set? Why should I care?

https://aaf.com/schedule
[Reply]
DeepPurple 11:01 AM 02-11-2019
I watched the Orlando, Birmingham and Arizona games. I thought the most polished QB was the Birmingham's Luis Perez. He went 19 of 33 for 252 yards. He had one receiver named Patton, who made a couple of nice catches but then him and the other receivers probably dropped about 5 passes they should of caught. Perez would of been close to 300 yards. They beat Memphis 26-0, I thought the Memphis head coach Mike Singletary looked the least prepared or involved. He basically stood there and did nothing, he did come out on the field one time to see an injured player.

The QB for Salt Lake City Josh Woodrum was a Ravens 3rd and 2nd string QB for a couple of years. He always played well in the preseason games. Last night he was 10 of 22 for 103 yards in the first half, he was injured and sat out the second half. I think he has potential. The Arizona QB John Wolford was 18 of 29 for 275 yards and 4 touchdowns. He's on the shorter size, reminded me of Drew Brees.

Woodrum with the Ravens

Wolford with Arizona

[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:22 AM 02-11-2019
that would be awesome if they stole or adapated uniforms from football movies. I would like to some ESU Wolves or Miami Sharks stuff
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:25 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
that would be awesome if they stole or adapated uniforms from football movies. I would like to some ESU Wolves or Miami Sharks stuff
You want the XFL then.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 12:30 PM 02-11-2019
It certainly sounds like an interesting concept. I would like to see the NFL teams designate players to these teams like they used to do with NFL Europe. If I remember right, a certain number of players designated to NFLE were protected by the team that sent them. Of course, I don't know if that matters. When are teams allowed to begin having 90 man rosters? If it's during AAF season, then those guys are already protected. But, if not, then it would be a nice team to sign some guys that you have interest in and send them to the AAF to see how they do. Everyone on the PS plus the guys at the bottom of the roster should go. I would love to see Chase Litton and Reggie McKenzie get some meaningful playing time in the AAF. I think that there is a TE and a couple of OL that fit that description as well.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:40 PM 02-11-2019
I'm not sure I really want the NFL having much of a role. I think the NFL brings along baggage that this new league doesn't need. And while the leagues specifically knows its players are looking for TV playing time, having it become too much of the NFL's Triple-A league might taint the product.

Play, isn't being the NFL's AAA league the CFL's job?
[Reply]
wazu 01:49 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I watched the Orlando, Birmingham and Arizona games. I thought the most polished QB was the Birmingham's Luis Perez. He went 19 of 33 for 252 yards. He had one receiver named Patton, who made a couple of nice catches but then him and the other receivers probably dropped about 5 passes they should of caught. Perez would of been close to 300 yards. They beat Memphis 26-0, I thought the Memphis head coach Mike Singletary looked the least prepared or involved. He basically stood there and did nothing, he did come out on the field one time to see an injured player.
Biggest indictment of Singletary for me was that he actually let his team take the field with Hackenburg at QB.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:53 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:

If that were true in practice there'd be a lot more CFL quarterbacks making their way to the NFL since it's such a pass-oriented league.

Not really sure how the AAF will differentiate itself from the CFL in that regard since the underlying problem is QBs and OLs aren't getting adequate preparation in high school and college.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:53 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I'm not sure I really want the NFL having much of a role. I think the NFL brings along baggage that this new league doesn't need. And while the leagues specifically knows its players are looking for TV playing time, having it become too much of the NFL's Triple-A league might taint the product.

agreed.

I would want the NFL as far away as possible. I know they'll always be involved , but hopefully as little as possible. once you get the NFL stink, it's hard to wash it off.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:56 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Memphis head coach Mike Singletary looked the least prepared or involved. He basically stood there and did nothing

[Reply]
DeepPurple 02:17 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by wazu:
Biggest indictment of Singletary for me was that he actually let his team take the field with Hackenburg at QB.
This year looks like Penn State might come out better. On Sunday I watched a few minutes of a college prospects challenge show. They had Trace McSorely throwing and that guy won, he was hitting moving targets at 30 yards. He's not big but has a big arm, he might surprise some people down the road.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:55 PM 02-16-2019
QB’s & PK’s suck in the AAF.
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:53 PM 02-16-2019
Watched a bit of the Birmingham game. Saw a catch where it was a foot down and toe drag that was ruled incomplete. They didn’t review the play which was Confusing because they were acting like they wanted to get calls right last week. Realized it was just shitty football so turned it off
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:13 PM 02-16-2019
Hotshots vs Express on NFL Network right now!

Wolford looks legit!
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:31 PM 02-16-2019
live streaming off the site

that should help ratings
https://aaf.com/
[Reply]
SPchief 09:18 PM 02-16-2019
The fix is in
[Reply]
Page 21 of 33
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »