ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 33
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official AAF Discussion Thread***
11Chiefs 09:40 AM 02-07-2019
The first games of the Alliance of American Football (AAF) are this weekend. I haven't followed it and at this point I'm not that interested. However, a friend called me all excited. He said CBS will be carrying all the games... that seems interesting. I seen an NFL Network logo on the AAF website... that seems interesting.

What's your take? Is your DVR set? Why should I care?

https://aaf.com/schedule
[Reply]
scho63 09:47 AM 02-07-2019
Never heard a peep about this. Have less interest in this crap than the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
threebag 09:53 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Never heard a peep about this. Have less interest in this crap than the Super Bowl.
What if they threw in a fity dolla hooker?
[Reply]
dj56dt58 09:53 AM 02-07-2019
Its football and its not the NFL..i'm in
[Reply]
11Chiefs 10:06 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
I saw something about it several month, maybe a year, ago. Never thought twice about it until my friend called.
[Reply]
Flying High D 10:13 AM 02-07-2019
Head of Brand looks like the last prick who fired me. Oops, the prick that fired before the last prick fired me.
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:36 AM 02-07-2019
Their marketing has been bad because I couldn't tell you how many teams there are, where they are or a single name for a million dollars without looking it up.

Answers.
8 teams.
Arizona Hotshots.
Atlanta Legends.
Birmingham Iron.
Memphis Express.
Orlando Apollos.
Salt Lake Stallions.
San Antonio Commanders.
San Diego Fleet.
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:40 AM 02-07-2019
WHAT ARE THE RULES OF THE AAF?
The AAF will resemble traditional American football but there are some differences to NFL rules, most of which are aimed at speeding up the game:

No kickoffs! The team that gets the ball simply starts on its own 25.
That also means no onside kicks. Teams can instead try an “onside conversion”, meaning they must convert a fourth-and-12 from its own 28-yard line to keep the ball. Teams can only try an onside conversion inside of five minutes remaining in the game, or if they are trailing by 17 or more.
No point-after attempts. Teams must go for two every time.
Field goals are permitted, but not in overtime.
The addition of the “SkyJudge” referee, whose job it is to use real-time technology to correct missed calls that concern player safety and to correct pass interference calls inside of five minutes remaining in the fourth quarter.
Coach’s challenges: Each team gets two for the game. No additional challenges for getting one right.
Overtime rules: Each team gets the ball once and its first-and-goal from the 10. You must score a touchdown and go for two. Games can end in ties.

WHO IS PLAYING IN THE AAF?
The biggest names in the AAF aren’t actually players, they’re coaches:

Arizona: Rick Neuheisel
Atlanta: Kevin Coyle
Birmingham: Tim Lewis
Memphis: Mike Singletary
Orlando: Steve Spurrier
Salt Lake: Dennis Erickson
San Antonio: Mike Riley
San Diego: Mike Martz
There will be some recognizable names on the field as well:

Arizona: QB Trevor Knight, K Nick Folk
Atlanta: QB Aaron Murray, RB Denard Robinson
Birmingham: QB Blake Sims, RB Trent Richardson
Memphis: QB Christian Hackenberg, RB Zac Stacy
Orlando: QB Garrett Gilbert, QB Stephen Morris
Salt Lake: QB Matt Linehan, RB Matt Asiata
San Antonio: QB Dustin Vaughan, RB David Cobb
San Diego: QB Mike Bercovici, WR Nelson Spruce
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 10:42 AM 02-07-2019
those OT rules might be worse than the NFL.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:43 AM 02-07-2019
Website looks like it was designed by a 3rd grader.
[Reply]
Flying High D 10:49 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Website looks like it was designed by a 3rd grader.
The 4th grader was hooking up with the teacher.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:54 AM 02-07-2019
may watch if I am correcting papers
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:55 AM 02-07-2019
Looking forward to it, as i said in the other thread. Every coach is a "name" coach, lots of pedigree there. I was a little disappointed when i went down the rosters, but if you're a big time college football guy there will be names you recognize.

They have the NFL's backing, which is something no other league has had, which will be huge for their sustainability.

And lastly, i like San Diego's Team jersey, haha. So that helps. And @ only $20 a ticket it seems like a fun way to waste a saturday.
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:58 AM 02-07-2019
If the NFL i supporting it, my guess is it's because this league looks like AAA baseball.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:01 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
If the NFL i supporting it, my guess is it's because this league looks like AAA baseball.
Probably. But Baseball is boring as fuck unlike Football. Yes, this will be a farm league for the NFL. That's no secret. The AAF uses it as a selling point and i think it's a good idea.

That's why their league schedule is as it is. To allow players to make NFL camps on time after the league has finished. Josh Johnson and Jon Kitna were both signed off AAF's San Diego team already. Kitna to coach in Dallas and Johnson to the Redskins.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 33
1 234511 > Last »
Up