ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 324
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:31 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Marty said he was retiring.

It'll probably take a few days.
Marty also said Sutton was retiring. He was relieved of his duties, a nicer way of saying he was fired.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:34 PM 01-25-2019
PFF thinks Steven Nelson is good...I'm not sure why.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:36 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Because I was making a broader point. You're a homer. Always have been. You'll view these personnel decisions through a homer's lens because you always pump sunshine on these mediocre to bad players and coaches first.

You've said that you never overrate Chiefs players, which is just absolute bullshit. Looking at the secondary alone, one can find examples of Nelson, Gaines, and Russell, among others. You were probably one of the last holdouts on Mike Catapano for fuck's sake.

You talk now about how bad Sutton was once Spagnuolo is on board, but in November you were making fun of people for stating that the defense was bad. You claimed that Sutton could scheme his way out of problems, then blamed him for an inability to adjust only after he was fired.

Regarding Nelson: You've been routinely overrating him for years because you're unable to admit that you're wrong about him. You crowed about him being a nickel corner (Narrator: he wasn't), talked about him having good/solid years (he didn't).

Just admit that you see everything through rose-colored glasses and it would be a hell of a lot easier to respect you.

Regarding Gase: you claimed that the got the most out of Tannehill (false, go look at his stats) and that Cutler had the best QBR of his career under Gase (which was also false, it was never higher than his fifth best).
I’m such a homer that I picked the Chargers to win the division this year.

I never once said Sutton was great or anything. I liked him because he did a good job early on, but after a second year of this shit it’s hard to defend. I’ve already said I still believe the problem was talent for the most part. I don’t believe I’ve even commented much on his adjustments the past couple years outside of the game because it was so blatantly bad. All I’ve said is that after another playoff loss like we had, he had to go. His defense has grown stale and it’s clearly time for a change.

I think Spags is an upgrade, and he clearly is. I didn’t say it was tremendous and I didn’t say he alone will fix everything. We need talent just as much as we would’ve if Sutton wasn’t fired or we hired somebody else.

If I’m guilty of anything when it comes to players, it’s being bullish on prospects I liked coming out because I don’t like to be wrong. I take a lot of pride in my eye for talent. Gaines, Nelson, Catapano, etc. are guys I liked as prospects. The fact that they were on my team might add a little to that, but that’s the context you’re missing about me.

You only see what I’m wrong about though. Since you like digging up old shit go back and look at how much I pimped guys like Chris Jones, Kareem Hunt, Travis Kelce before the draft. I was one of the few left defending Ford till this year because I liked him also.

When it comes to evaluating talent we all swing and miss, though I’d argue that Nelson for a 3rd rounder is hardly a huge miss with the second contract he’s about to get. You guys can laugh all you want, but he still wasn’t that bad at all this year when you look at how much he was targeted, completion % against, and QBR. The guy was playing on an island and basically our #1 corner. We asked way too much of him. If we had a legit #1 he would’ve been a nice corner to have on a rookie deal this year.

Do I almost always lean on the optimistic side of all things Chiefs? Yes absolutely, but that’s just a matter of philosophy more than anything. I can’t believe how many people spend all this time talking about a team that makes them miserable. I’ve been through so much heartbreak as a fan in general that I’m not scared to be disappointed.

As for Gase, you’re being completely moronic and completely ignoring context like you continuously do when it doesn’t fit your argument. Tannehill never once played more than 13 games under Gase (he was out 50 fucking % of the time dude seriously), he missed an entire season one year, and it’s not fair to make those comparisons based on stats that really aren’t THAT far off. The bottom line is the one year Tannehill at least played 13 the Dolphins were 10-6 and made the playoffs despite being in Brady/BB’s division.

All of this context has already been laid out for you but you won’t acknowledge that it’s legitimate because you’re an unreasonable person. What have I said that unreasonable about Sutton, Nelson, Spags, anybody? You know what’s unreasonable? Calling Spags an “atrocious” hire then naming John Pagano as the first experienced guy on your list. Stupid fuck.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:39 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
PFF thinks Steven Nelson is good...I'm not sure why.
Nelson's such a frustrating player to watch. Usually in decent position but with the worst possible ball awareness. Thus, PI, and toast.

I really don't want to see him again next year. Unless he's in a different uniform.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:42 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Nelson's such a frustrating player to watch. Usually in decent position but with the worst possible ball awareness. Thus, PI, and toast.

I really don't want to see him again next year. Unless he's in a different uniform.
Before the Pats game they were talking about him on PFF as one of the better CB's in the league because his % against is like 53 which is really good in todays game.

And I'm just like...I watch this guy, he's not good.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:43 PM 01-25-2019
Before the Pats game they were talking about him on PFF as one of the better CB's in the league because his % against is like 53 which is really good in todays game.

yeah man. I don't know how those stats are possible. I mean, he does NOT pass the eye test. Somehow they're not factoring in all his PI calls or something.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:44 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
yeah man. I don't know how those stats are possible. I mean, he does NOT pass the eye test. Somehow they're not factoring in all his PI calls or something.
That's what it has to be.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:45 PM 01-25-2019
Ideally, we need Houston to knock off $5M+ in cap charges this year, and Berry doing the same would be nice... something to essentially pay for Ford’s tag if that’s the direction they want to go.

Fuck this is tough. The Ford tag or lack thereof is critical to this offseason.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:49 PM 01-25-2019
Berry take a paycut, hold on while I have to catch my breath from laughing so hard.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:49 PM 01-25-2019
Berry take a paycut, hold on while I have to catch my breath from laughing so hard.
I don’t think he’s going to, but he fucking should after this past season.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:50 PM 01-25-2019

He’s not good, but he doesn’t suck either.

He’s average, which is nice on a rookie contract, but with his height and the amount of flags he draws, he’s not going to be worth what he gets on the open market.

The guys played on an island all year essentially as our #1 corner. He was targeted more than anybody in the league because of that along with the fact that teams threw the ball a ton against us (not to mention we played some damn good offenses and QB’s). It was also his first year playing outside in the NFL. We were asking way too much of him. He’s not that guy. He could’ve been a solid #2 this year with more talent around him.

It’s easy to only remember the bad, but there was more good in there than most of you believe or care to admit. If there weren’t that completion % and QBR when thrown at would be MUCH worse. The way CP talks about him his PFF grade would be terrible. I’ve said it before but if you are constantly getting beat your PFF grade will reflect that. Was he as good as his grade would lead you to believe? No, of course not. It’s somewhere in between where I’ve been pointing at all along.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:52 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Ideally, we need Houston to knock off $5M+ in cap charges this year, and Berry doing the same would be nice... something to essentially pay for Ford’s tag if that’s the direction they want to go.

**** this is tough. The Ford tag or lack thereof is critical to this offseason.
If we want to keep Houston it won't be hard to restructure and save a shitload of money. Chiefs have all the leverage assuming theyre confident he fits into spagnuolos long term plans.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:54 PM 01-25-2019
Houston may not want to go through a scheme change or take less money...he could still get a nice contract on the open market, just remember that.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:55 PM 01-25-2019
Houston may not want to go through a scheme change or take less money...he could still get a nice contract on the open market, just remember that.
More power to him.

9.5 sacks isn't worth $21 million.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:55 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I don’t think he’s going to, but he ****ing should after this past season.
According to that article that was recently posted we can cut him and save 9 mil in cap space, right?
[Reply]
Page 59 of 324
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Up