ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 148 of 324
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198248 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 04:18 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If we were being real about all of this, they'd cut Berry and Houston just for the fact that they are both constantly missing games.
If constantly missing games is the bar that's set, then Ford needs to go too.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:18 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If constantly missing games is the bar that's set, then Ford needs to go too.

yes please.

I know none of you agree, but yes.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:04 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Houston was pretty darn good once we moved him to DE and let him attack. The problem is the stupid contract we gave him. If we restructure his contract then we are locked in even longer for a guy with a bum knee. Big risk.
He never played DE in our 3-4. He played OLB.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:08 PM 02-14-2019
Out of the three, Houston is still the best player and could contribute the most. He's certainly the most trustworthy in terms of rushing, tackling, and defending the pass.

Is Dee Ford worth keeping and paying large $$$ for the one thing he can do somewhat well? Is it worth it when you throw in to consideration that his track record of staying healthy and on the field is less than ideal?

And isn't it the most prudent move to cut Berry June 1st and get whatever meager cap savings we can when we need defensive depth?

From a practical standpoint, it's very easy to see which moves make the most sense. But without all of the details( Berry )as well as whatever Spags and Co. may be thinking about these three, it's incredibly hard to try and guess what the final outcome is going to be.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:11 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
He never played DE in our 3-4. He played OLB.
JakeF thinks he was playing DE when he was rushing the passer and OLB when he was covering

:-)
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:52 PM 02-14-2019
Hopefully someone does a mashup video after the season of all the sports reporters saying “spags” over and over

Spags
Spags
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:00 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I agree.

Berry should restructure too. I know he is in very good position to refuse but that contract looks ugly right now.
If Berry has his surgery then yes , If he's not having surgery to fix his problem he should be cut.
[Reply]
Buckweath 06:32 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Out of the three, Houston is still the best player and could contribute the most. He's certainly the most trustworthy in terms of rushing, tackling, and defending the pass.

Is Dee Ford worth keeping and paying large $$$ for the one thing he can do somewhat well? Is it worth it when you throw in to consideration that his track record of staying healthy and on the field is less than ideal?

And isn't it the most prudent move to cut Berry June 1st and get whatever meager cap savings we can when we need defensive depth?

From a practical standpoint, it's very easy to see which moves make the most sense. But without all of the details( Berry )as well as whatever Spags and Co. may be thinking about these three, it's incredibly hard to try and guess what the final outcome is going to be.
I guess people are just frustrated with the rush defense but Ford was clearly better than Houston last year.

Ford ranked no. 37 to Houston's 80th ranking on PFF top 100 players of 2018.

Ford got the Pro Bowl honour and not Houston despite the latter having the name recognition.

Any ranking of the top players in 2018 will have Ford above Houston.

People just need to put respect on that guy's name. He was great last year. I dont care if you want to call him a one-trick pony or whatever, Ford was arguably elite this past year.

And then you look at their age, both having had injuries in the past, I dont see how Ford won't be the better player next year, short of injury.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:47 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
JakeF thinks he was playing DE when he was rushing the passer and OLB when he was covering

:-)
What?

Holy fuckshitballs. I knew that boy was dumb, but Christ... :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 06:51 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
What?

Holy fuckshitballs. I knew that boy was dumb, but Christ... :-)
I mean I’m kind of guessing here but it sure sounds like it.

He seems to think them using Houston less in coverage means that he was playing DE.
[Reply]
O.city 07:55 AM 02-15-2019
When are they going to announce all the staff? Seems like this is dragging out a bit
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:10 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I guess people are just frustrated with the rush defense but Ford was clearly better than Houston last year.

Ford ranked no. 37 to Houston's 80th ranking on PFF top 100 players of 2018.

Ford got the Pro Bowl honour and not Houston despite the latter having the name recognition.

Any ranking of the top players in 2018 will have Ford above Houston.

People just need to put respect on that guy's name. He was great last year. I dont care if you want to call him a one-trick pony or whatever, Ford was arguably elite this past year.

And then you look at their age, both having had injuries in the past, I dont see how Ford won't be the better player next year, short of injury.
Short of injury, and therein lies the rub.

Ford is gonna get hurt next year. It's gonna happen. The guy simply can't stay healthy.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:24 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
When are they going to announce all the staff? Seems like this is dragging out a bit
That’s probably a good thing.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:29 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Short of injury, and therein lies the rub.

Ford is gonna get hurt next year. It's gonna happen. The guy simply can't stay healthy.
That’s why we’re franchising him and not giving him s multiple year extension
[Reply]
Rausch 09:38 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
That’s why we’re franchising him and not giving him s multiple year extension
We'd be better off letting him walk.

He's no good in coverage, barely respectable vs. the run, and is a pure speed rusher.

He's a glorified one dimensional pass rusher. If we want to tag-n-trade just to get a 3rd or 4th or something in return then fine...
[Reply]
Page 148 of 324
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198248 > Last »
Up