ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 107 of 324
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157207 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:14 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
I'm glad Spags is getting rid of just about all defensive assistants. We haven't really developed a ton of talent on the defensive side and I think the mistakes these players repeatedly make can be attributed some to the coaching.

I'm ready for fresh new ideas on that side.
Damn straight. Let the man implement HIS plan.( and hope that Britt Reid says "yes 'sir" more than "no 'sir"! :-) )
[Reply]
RustShack 05:19 PM 01-30-2019
lol you don’t let the guy who led the NFL in pressures and is still in his 20’s just walk. Tag and play, or tag and trade. No long term deal, and no letting him go for nothing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:19 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I think people who found the Speaks pick totally baffling are stuck in hindsight. The Chiefs went into the draft having dealt with an injured Ford, an injured Houston and giving Frank Fucking Zombo snaps in critical games. Another pass rusher in the 2nd round was totally fine.

It was also sort of fine that he was a project, the Chiefs didn't expect Mahomes to blow the top off the league. They thought this was a learning year and they could do a 2 year rebuild of the defense, so a project was fine.

I really don't agree with the trade up though. The Chiefs could have found value in multiple areas, so I have no idea why they didn't just wait it out and improve the defense elsewhere if Speaks went before their pick.

The crazy one for me was Maurice Hurst. Why do you not take him in the 4th? He was a high first rounder with a question mark due to a heart issue, that's 100% worth a punt with your 4th rounder just in case you get a 1st round talent out of it.
Speaks isn't a pass rusher though. In college, he was largely a run-stuffing 4-3 DE that slid inside. To my knowledge, he had never really rushed the passer without his hand in the dirt before he joined the Chiefs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:20 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by RustShack:
lol you don’t let the guy who led the NFL in pressures and is still in his 20’s just walk. Tag and play, or tag and trade. No long term deal, and no letting him go for nothing.
Literally nobody is suggesting they should just let him hit free agency and do nothing.

Nearly everybody thinks they should tag him.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:20 PM 01-30-2019
Everything I keep hearing from people who actually talk to people associated with the Chiefs basically imply that Tanoh and Speaks playing 3-4 OLB was dumb as fuck. No wonder these guys haven’t looked good. They aren’t built to be in fucking coverage, ever.

I think these guys have potential in a 4-3 as DE’s.

And for the “Speaks is too slow!” crowd...Michael Bennett and Derek Barnett ran slower times than him. Let’s see what he can do in a position to succeed instead of being set up to fail.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:22 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Everything I keep hearing from people who actually talk to people associated with the Chiefs basically imply that Tanoh and Speaks playing 3-4 OLB was dumb as fuck. No wonder these guys haven’t looked good. They aren’t built to be in fucking coverage, ever.

And for the “Speaks is too slow!” crowd...Michael Bennett and Derek Barnett ran slower times than him. Let’s see what he can do in a position to succeed instead of being set up to fail.
Exactly.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:42 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Literally nobody is suggesting they should just let him hit free agency and do nothing.

Nearly everybody thinks they should tag him.
I think he might’ve saw my post in reply to yours and thought I was talking about 2019.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:44 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Speaks is going from a position that makes no sense to one that is perfect for him (SDE in a 4-3 Under)

If he surprised us at OLB at times, I fully expect him to surprise those that doubt him at his new position.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:26 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Damn straight. Let the man implement HIS plan.( and hope that Britt Reid says "yes 'sir" more than "no 'sir"! :-) )
Britt Reid’s 2019 phrase chart:

“Yes Mr Spagnuolo”

“I’ll handle it right away Mr Spagnuolo”

“Couldn’t agree more Mr Spagnuolo”

“You’re absolutely right Mr. Spagnuolo”
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:02 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by RustShack:
He stinks as an LB and now we are going to the 4-3. Can't cover nor help stup the run. Cut him and let other dumbasses give him pile of money to fuck up.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:04 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He stinks as an LB and now we are going to the 4-3. Can't cover nor help stup the run. Cut him and let other dumbasses give him pile of money to fuck up.
Cut him? :-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:34 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Cut him? :-)
Damn right. This mental idiot lost the fucking AFCCG! No way in hell his sorry ass should come back. Give him 15 Mil of our cap? Fuck no.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:43 PM 01-30-2019
Damn right. This mental idiot lost the fucking AFCCG! No way in hell his sorry ass should come back. Give him 15 Mil of our cap? Fuck no.
Well forgetting all the tag talk, he's a free agent. You can't cut him. LOL
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:50 PM 01-30-2019
He stinks as an LB and now we are going to the 4-3. Can't cover nor help stup the run. Cut him and let other dumbasses give him pile of money to **** up.
He put up a lot of sacks, but I'm not 100% convinced you pay him the franchise tag. I think long-term we need to move away from overpaying these broke dicks on D, and they all seem to break down more with age. You guys think Belichick would pay him the franchise number? I kinda doubt it.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 07:56 PM 01-30-2019
You are incomprehensibly stupid.
[Reply]
Page 107 of 324
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157207 > Last »
Up