ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 211
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:45 AM 02-19-2019
Machado to Padres
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...res-reach-deal
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:47 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Machado to Padres
Padres? Just went for the money huh Manny?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:01 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Machado to Padres
Fuuuuuuuuuuck

[/Machadodynastyleagueowner]

I mean lord, what a kick in the dick his fantasy value just took. Dude goes from an absolute launching pad in Camden to a graveyard in Petco. It's slightly worse for lefties, IIRC, but the lineup around him is going to remain balls for the foreseeable future (Tatis ain't Vlad Jr even when he finally arrives) and the marine layer is murder.

What a strange decision for a guy who has a genuine HoF shot. This will cripple his numbers, IMO. Probably a solid 15% off across the board on his counting stats.
[Reply]
O.city 12:27 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Fuuuuuuuuuuck

[/Machadodynastyleagueowner]

I mean lord, what a kick in the dick his fantasy value just took. Dude goes from an absolute launching pad in Camden to a graveyard in Petco. It's slightly worse for lefties, IIRC, but the lineup around him is going to remain balls for the foreseeable future (Tatis ain't Vlad Jr even when he finally arrives) and the marine layer is murder.

What a strange decision for a guy who has a genuine HoF shot. This will cripple his numbers, IMO. Probably a solid 15% off across the board on his counting stats.
"Hey DJ, here's 300 million dollars to go to this law firm that's not going to get you recognized in the Columbia area very well"
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:31 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
"Hey DJ, here's 300 million dollars to go to this law firm that's not going to get you recognized in the Columbia area very well"
If I were getting offered $250 million to go to a law firm in DC that lined me up for a spot on the Supreme Court some day I'd probably respectfully decline.

There have been studies done on the financial value of being a hall of famer and they're pretty significant.
[Reply]
O.city 12:35 PM 02-19-2019
If I were getting offered $250 million to go to a law firm in DC that lined me up for a spot on the Supreme Court some day I'd probably respectfully decline.

There have been studies done on the financial value of being a hall of famer and they're pretty significant.
Where does that financial value come from? Seems like it would be more or less a probability where this deal is a certainty in terms of value.

Someone offers me 300 million to go be a molar mechanic anywhere within 1000 miles of where I currently leave, I wouldn't hesitate.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:45 PM 02-19-2019
Where does that financial value come from? Seems like it would be more or less a probability where this deal is a certainty in terms of value.

Someone offers me 300 million to go be a molar mechanic anywhere within 1000 miles of where I currently leave, I wouldn't hesitate.
I don't recall; it's been awhile.

And yes, if your choices are $300 million or zero, you hang the HoF and take the $300 million. But if you're getting offered several different opportunities, some of which are in the same financial ballpark but also allow you to set yourself up nicely for decades to come (and gain you some degree of historical significance), that calculus alters a great deal. Especially when you've already made $40 million.

I never fault guys for taking the best offer, but I do think some of them make decisions they'll regret a great deal as time goes on. Ask Albert Pujols if he's still happy with the decision he made - if he were being honest, I suspect he'd say no.
[Reply]
O.city 12:56 PM 02-19-2019
I don't recall; it's been awhile.

And yes, if your choices are $300 million or zero, you hang the HoF and take the $300 million. But if you're getting offered several different opportunities, some of which are in the same financial ballpark but also allow you to set yourself up nicely for decades to come (and gain you some degree of historical significance), that calculus alters a great deal. Especially when you've already made $40 million.

I never fault guys for taking the best offer, but I do think some of them make decisions they'll regret a great deal as time goes on. Ask Albert Pujols if he's still happy with the decision he made - if he were being honest, I suspect he'd say no.
Yeah, I would guess he figured that pretty quickly but fuck him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:58 PM 02-19-2019
Yeah, I would guess he figured that pretty quickly but fuck him.
Agreed.
[Reply]
O.city 01:00 PM 02-19-2019
Agreed.
In the end, for the Cards it worked out better that he left I'd imagine, but from a nostalgic standpoint I wanted that dude to be Stan the Man 2.0.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:05 PM 02-19-2019
Oh yeah, and an additional thing to think about is that he's getting taxed on where he plays his games. Congrats to Manny for that massive chunk of California state income tax he'll be paying...

The vast majority of Manny's income is gonna get a staggering top state rate of 13%. Contrast that to, say, signing in Chicago and paying their rate of 5% and you're looking at a difference of $2 million/season in taxes. That's not nothing.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:06 PM 02-19-2019
In the end, for the Cards it worked out better that he left I'd imagine, but from a nostalgic standpoint I wanted that dude to be Stan the Man 2.0.
It would have worked out better for him than the Cardinals, But, the decline and us forcing him into the lineup could have eroded his popularity.

It's all on him though as to why he didnt stay. The Cardinals offered up similar, in the ballpark money. He felt slighted or wanted every single $? We will never know....
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:12 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
It would have worked out better for him than the Cardinals, But, the decline and us forcing him into the lineup could have eroded his popularity.

It's all on him though as to why he didnt stay. The Cardinals offered up similar, in the ballpark money. He felt slighted or wanted every single $? We will never know....
It's about respect, mang...

And God told him to take the biggest deal. God always tells them to take the biggest deal.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:17 PM 02-19-2019
C-Mart is just a fucking waste. Should have traded him after the 2017 season.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:34 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
C-Mart is just a fucking waste. Should have traded him after the 2017 season.
He has top of the rotation stuff. Just lacks the consistent focus to stay at that level. Maybe he should be put in as the closer? He has been consistently good when asked to just pitch and stay focused on one inning.

Rafferty and Mikolas are playoff caliber starting pitchers. I think we should bring along Reyes to get him ready to pitch in the playoffs. How ever they do that, save his innings to give us 5 innings in at least 3 games in the playoffs if needed.

Should have traded Wacha. If he somehow, someway ends up healthy at the break, the Cardinals should trade him. Consider yourself lucky. No way he finishes the season or helps us out in the playoffs, assuming we even get there.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 211
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Up