ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 50
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018-2019 Royals Offseason Repository ***
Coach 09:05 PM 10-29-2018
As the season comes to a close after an awful season, there is a possibility of some hope since the team played better in late August to the end of the season.

Here are all the important dates you need to know for the 2018-19 MLB offseason. Some of them do involve the Royals, such as:

Oct. 29: As of 9 a.m. ET on Monday, all eligible players are free agents (Escobar - good riddance).

Oct. 31: Most contract option decisions are due on this date (Hammel should be declined, resulting $2 million buyout and Peralta should be accepted, resulting $3 million increase to the payroll, and could be future flip for additional minor leaguers if he performs well).

Spoiler!

Nov. 2: Deadline for teams to tender their eligible FA the qualifying offer.

Spoiler!

Nov. 3: Free agency begins.

Nov. 4: Gold Glove winners announced (Gordon & Perez).

Spoiler!

Nov. 6-8: General manager meetings in Carlsbad, California.

Nov. 12: Deadline for free agents to accept or reject the qualifying offer.

Nov. 14-15: Owners meetings in Atlanta (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 20: Deadline for teams to add eligible minor leaguers to the 40-man roster to protect them from the Rule 5 Draft.

Spoiler!

Nov. 26-29: MLB Players Association executive board meeting in Dallas (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 30: Non-tender deadline.

Dec. 9-13: Winter Meetings in Las Vegas. This is typically when all offseason hell breaks loose.

Dec. 13: Rule 5 Draft (could see the Royals taking a stab here).

Jan. 11: Deadline for teams and arbitration-eligible players to submit 2019 salary figures (I believe KC has some arb-eligible players).

Feb. 1-20: Arbitration hearings. You win some, you lose some.

Mid-Feb. : SPRING TRAINING!

As usual, let's have a good off-season discussion on ways that the Royals can/should/would do to improve. I will try to update the OP as the off-season goes along. And Duncan, you're more than welcome to provide us some information that I can add onto the OP. Just let me know.

To see the 2018 Royals thread, go here.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:52 PM 02-15-2019
I’m not really concerned about the W total this year. I’m on board for picking inside the top 5 again.

Would like to see Boxberger, Diekmann, and Storen build up a bit of trade value.

Want to see Mondesi continue to progress.

Want to see Duffy rebound, and if he does, explore a mid season trade for him.

I’ll try to get to a prospect highlight when I can. Probably won’t do a full list - there are better resources for that these days than me - but will focus on guys I’m excited about.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 05:10 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

I’ll try to get to a prospect highlight when I can. Probably won’t do a full list - there are better resources for that these days than me - but will focus on guys I’m excited about.
Link us broseph. Though honestly, I prefer your takes
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:39 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
Link us broseph. Though honestly, I prefer your takes

I will. Will be this weekend.

I’ve been in an airport nonstop for the past 29 hours, with the exception of a six-hour detail to the Motel 6 by Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport (which is shady as fuck, never stay there).

Three cancelled flights, two delayed flights, two missed flights later, I’m hoping to get hope tonight to the wife and kids. Been too long of a week.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:30 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:

Hopefully these 1 year deals workout for trade bait
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:36 PM 02-15-2019
@LWorthySports: The #Royals have officially announced they've signed Drew Storen to a minor-league with an invitation to spring training.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 07:51 PM 02-15-2019

I’ve been in an airport nonstop for the past 29 hours, with the exception of a six-hour detail to the Motel 6 by Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport (which is shady as ****, never stay there).

Three cancelled flights, two delayed flights, two missed flights later, I’m hoping to get hope tonight to the wife and kids. Been too long of a week.
Godspeed, man. That blows. F this weather
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:37 PM 02-15-2019

I’ve been in an airport nonstop for the past 29 hours, with the exception of a six-hour detail to the Motel 6 by Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport (which is shady as ****, never stay there).

WTF?? We would have totally got the PHX crew together for dinner if we knew you were gonna be in town
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:34 PM 02-15-2019

Here's the Mondesi poll results. My opinion, he's unlikely to be #1 but more likely than not to be Top 5. Kind of depends on how soon he gets past the "struggling; thinks he can hit anything" phase. I'd certainly rather him than Correa or Story. https://t.co/1EXX6eoF6E

— Bill James Online (@billjamesonline) February 16, 2019

[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 12:39 PM 02-16-2019
A healthy season with no more "accidental" PED-ingestions from Mondesi is all I ask for.

We're almost there, gentlemen. Hoping to make it back to KC for a game or two. Also, the series in DC right around the 4th of July looks like an intriguing trip this year.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:24 PM 02-16-2019

I’ve been in an airport nonstop for the past 29 hours, with the exception of a six-hour detail to the Motel 6 by Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport (which is shady as fuck, never stay there).

No one comes to Phoenix and doesn’t tell the crew here.

NO ONE!!!!
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:25 PM 02-16-2019
It's over.

@JoeTrezz: News from Orioles camp:

The Orioles have signed veteran shortstop Alcides Escobar to a minor league contract that includes an invite to Spring Training.

An All-Star in 2015, Escobar averaged 155 games played over the past eight seasons with the Royals.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:29 PM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
It's over.

@JoeTrezz: News from Orioles camp:

The Orioles have signed veteran shortstop Alcides Escobar to a minor league contract that includes an invite to Spring Training.

An All-Star in 2015, Escobar averaged 155 games played over the past eight seasons with the Royals.
PB weeps.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:48 PM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
No one comes to Phoenix and doesn’t tell the crew here.

NO ONE!!!!
I've done just that three times.

Fight me.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:52 PM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I've done just that three times.

Fight me.
Ok, where you want to meet?!?!
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:54 PM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Ok, where you want to meet?!?!
Arrowhead Grill and then ask me what happens.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 50
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up