Originally Posted by :
BJ Kissel
BJ Kissel
@ChiefsReporter
·
33m
#Chiefs CB Steven Nelson (92.7 PFF Overall Grade) was
@PFF
's top-graded player last night. He was targeted six times and only allowed two receptions for 33 yards.

Over the past six games, Nelson has only allowed 264 yards while being targeted 42 times.

He’s having a pretty good season, and at least half of CP thinks he sucks. It’s a shame.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:14 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You believe there are ninety corners in this league better than Steven Nelson?

Man, you really need to take a look at the state of CB play in this league. I don't think you could get even close to 60 CBs in football that are better than him.

He will be the 2nd best corner on probably half the teams in the league. And yes, that's an indictment on the state of CBs in the league more than it is a testament to Steven Nelson's skill. CB is just pretty nasty out there right now. Part of it is due to the rules but part of it is, IMO, just the fact that more guys with the skill to play CB and gravitating towards other positions or even other sports. If you're 6'2'', 200 lbs and run like a deer, you're probably looking to play WR and that's IF you couldn't develop a consistent left-hand dribble or 24 footer.

It's just a rough time for the position around the league right now.
I don't believe there are 90 good corners PERIOD. I don't think Nelson is anything other than at best a slot corner on a good defense. You can trot him out there wherever you like on a shit defense. Like we did.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:28 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
It said a lot to me when during the Jaguars game they KEPT going after Nelson down field. And then the announcers said that in meetings the Jacksonville staff said they liked those matchups down the field.

Nelson has zero ball skills on deep routes, which is really bad when you lack long speed like he does.
All of this, 100%

The guy simply isn't starting material

3-4 CB? sure, but putting him out there as a starter is a no-go... he lacks top end skill, period
[Reply]
KS Smitty 10:18 PM 02-05-2019
Didn't know where to post this so I thought I'd stick it here.
Had a FB friend post that they had Nelson as a client in thier salon a couple of weeks ago. I thought WTF is he doing in Wichita? This was posted on her page today:

"Not some cheesy copy cat post. PLEASE SHARE

**if you watched my Steven nelson post read this**
**if you are a woman that works alone in wichita read this**

There is a man that looks exactly like and claims to be the chiefs player Steven nelson going to different salons and realtors (specifically places that younger women work alone) hes charming and believable and yes I feel like an idiot but no its not Steven nelson and no I don't know what his intentions are but I can only assume that they arent good.

Ladies keep an eye out. If anything similar happens to you call the cops.

I'm going to go to great lengths to make sure my business is safe but I want the word out so no one gets hurt, and i havent heard or seen the man since the 23rd."

She's a cutie and no pics available.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:06 AM 02-06-2019
That's super vague.

Did he try to force himself on her? Banged her under the guise of being an NFL player then never talked to her again?
[Reply]
KS Smitty 09:00 AM 02-07-2019
Evidently there is somebody in Wichita pretending to be him, here are two replies to the post quoted:

"Made an appointment January 18th at the spa I work at but never showed up. It was his "agent" that called. The caller ID said Michael Love I believe."

and from another person:

"2 of my girls have worked on him. He gave off a very strange vibe. Was going to call the cops yesterday after seeing a post about this but he no showed for his appointment. Caller ID said Michael Love. We have camera footage of him but it's very blurry."
This person also posted the pic and yeah it's very blurry.

Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
Didn't know where to post this so I thought I'd stick it here.
Had a FB friend post that they had Nelson as a client in thier salon a couple of weeks ago. I thought WTF is he doing in Wichita? This was posted on her page today:

"Not some cheesy copy cat post. PLEASE SHARE

**if you watched my Steven nelson post read this**
**if you are a woman that works alone in wichita read this**

There is a man that looks exactly like and claims to be the chiefs player Steven nelson going to different salons and realtors (specifically places that younger women work alone) hes charming and believable and yes I feel like an idiot but no its not Steven nelson and no I don't know what his intentions are but I can only assume that they arent good.

Ladies keep an eye out. If anything similar happens to you call the cops.

I'm going to go to great lengths to make sure my business is safe but I want the word out so no one gets hurt, and i havent heard or seen the man since the 23rd."

She's a cutie and no pics available.

[Reply]
suzzer99 01:09 PM 02-07-2019
That's a pretty good scam. I wouldn't know Steven Nelson if he sat next to me on a plane.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:41 PM 02-07-2019
Should we change thread title to "The myth that steve Nelson rapes" ?
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 08:56 PM 02-10-2019
So someone is arguing with me about Nelson, saying hes one of the best corners in the league, gets better every year ...am I missing something? Did my eyes deceive me all year? I think I'm going to the doctor tomorrow if that's the case
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 09:07 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by DaNewGuy:
So someone is arguing with me about Nelson, saying hes one of the best corners in the league, gets better every year ...am I missing something? Did my eyes deceive me all year? I think I'm going to the doctor tomorrow if that's the case
Was it staylor?
[Reply]
staylor26 09:32 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Was it staylor?
Yea because me saying he doesn’t suck somehow means he’s one of the best corners in the league.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:51 PM 02-10-2019
I don't think I've ever seen someone drop more bread-basket INT's than Steve Nelson this past season. Let him go drop INT's somewhere else.

He also has Bill Bartee disease...that shit's for the birds, man.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 04:25 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea because me saying he doesn’t suck somehow means he’s one of the best corners in the league.
You're so sensitive. You take shit way too seriously.
[Reply]
Hydrae 08:43 AM 02-11-2019
We need more length on the outside at CB. Nelson is more of a slot cover guy and Fuller starred in that role in Washington. We have them both on the outside. :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:55 AM 02-11-2019
:-) You're one to talk. All I've ever seen you do is whine like a bitch.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:58 AM 02-11-2019
lol yea I’m so outraged :-)
[Reply]
Page 24 of 25
« First < 142021222324 25 >
Up