Originally Posted by :
BJ Kissel
BJ Kissel
@ChiefsReporter
·
33m
#Chiefs CB Steven Nelson (92.7 PFF Overall Grade) was
@PFF
's top-graded player last night. He was targeted six times and only allowed two receptions for 33 yards.

Over the past six games, Nelson has only allowed 264 yards while being targeted 42 times.

He’s having a pretty good season, and at least half of CP thinks he sucks. It’s a shame.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:19 PM 11-11-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
staylor jizzed all over his couch on the last INT
Lol I love watching this guy make CP eat crow every week
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:21 PM 11-11-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol I love watching this guy make CP eat crow every week
We're all on the same team and happily eat crow if it means we errored for suckage in a player that surprises.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:21 PM 11-11-2018
Played well recently but he gone after this year.

Not interested in paying.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:24 PM 11-11-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Lol he's been one of the better corners in football the last few weeks and you clowns want him moved to safety.
Cardinals, Browns, Bengals, Broncos
[Reply]
staylor26 08:28 PM 11-11-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Cardinals, Browns, Bengals, Broncos
Fitzgerald, Landry, Green/Boyd, and Sanders/Sutton

Who gives a **** if the teams suck?

Are you ****in retarded?
[Reply]
Stinger 02:21 PM 11-13-2018

Good luck targeting these guys in coverage. pic.twitter.com/0fgHakDln6

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) November 13, 2018

[Reply]
carcosa 02:24 PM 11-13-2018
STEVEN NELSON: LOCKDOWN CORNER!!!
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:27 PM 11-13-2018
I voted him for the Pro Bowl lulz.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:11 PM 11-13-2018
PFF :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 03:14 PM 11-13-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
PFF :-)
Passer rating in coverage isn’t the same thing as a PFF grade

That’s a legitimate statistic.

Also, nobody should need PFF to tell them Nelson is having a good year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:29 PM 11-13-2018
Passer rating in coverage isn’t the same thing as a PFF grade

That’s a legitimate statistic.

Also, nobody should need PFF to tell them Nelson is having a good year.
But again - is Orlando Scandrick suddenly good or are our CBs being put in positions to be successful?

You watch Marcus Peters just trip over his dick every week while Orlando Scandrick can suddenly make a claim to be a genuine starting caliber CB for the first time in 5 years and you have to really consider the possibility that the staff is getting these guys to play at a level beyond their true talent.

And if that's the case - why do you pay for Nelson?
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:32 PM 11-13-2018
He has certainly picked up his level of play, and no he doesnt suck... but he still isnt a guy I wanna see starting next year, his ceiling is quality depth
[Reply]
staylor26 03:34 PM 11-13-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But again - is Orlando Scandrick suddenly good or are our CBs being put in positions to be successful?

You watch Marcus Peters just trip over his dick every week while Orlando Scandrick can suddenly make a claim to be a genuine starting caliber CB for the first time in 5 years and you have to really consider the possibility that the staff is getting these guys to play at a level beyond their true talent.

And if that's the case - why do you pay for Nelson?
Oh I agree, I probably wouldn’t pay up for Nelson either. Fuller’s the only corner I’d be willing to give a long term deal at the moment and even then I think Ford and Jones are higher priorities on that side of the ball.

Billay just continues to act like Nelson playing well is some kind of joke.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:37 PM 11-13-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
He has certainly picked up his level of play, and no he doesnt suck... but he still isnt a guy I wanna see starting next year, his ceiling is quality depth
I don't think you can make that argument at all.

His ceiling is what we've seen this season (this is a career year for him, IMO), and what he's been this season is far more than quality depth.

He's been genuinely great this year. And you don't have to trust the stats on their face - simply look at the company he's keeping. He's on lists with the guys that people would kill to acquire; the Patrick Peterson's and Chris Harris Jrs. Fitzpatrick was a high 1st round pick who's looked as good this year as Lattimore looked last year.

This is high company he's keeping, man. At some point you have to give something some weight. If it's not PFF or production in coverage, at the very least you have to consider him relative to his peers and right now his peer group is among the best in the league.

So to say his 'ceiling' is quality depth is simply objectively disprovable.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:39 PM 11-13-2018
Oh I agree, I probably wouldn’t pay up for Nelson either. Fuller’s the only corner I’d be willing to give a long term deal at the moment and even then I think Ford and Jones are higher priorities on that side of the ball.

Billay just continues to act like Nelson playing well is some kind of joke.
And like I said in the draft forum thread - I think if you offered Fuller (with one year left on his rookie deal) the same contract you'd have to offer Nelson to keep him out of the FA market, you could get Fuller signed provided that you do it now rather than AFTER he plays out that rookie contract. At this rate, Fuller will get Trumaine Johnson money on the FA market, IMO. Teams are going to love what he's putting on tape.

And he's a much better long-term FA bet because his tools are simply better. Moreover, his work ethic and intelligence has been lauded at every turn.

That's a guy you pay for long-term, IMO. Nelson and guys of similar ilk are guys you develop and/or scheme into success. I think we can do that.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 25
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up