ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 102 of 2678
« First < 252929899100101102 1031041051061121522026021102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DRM08 07:02 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I assume a lot of these injuries were from not getting down when running the ball? Or were they in the pocket?

He definitely has to learn how to take care of himself out there all the time, Gruden was big on that during his show.
A lot of it is due to never quitting on plays. Throwing shoulder injury against Kansas was on a 40 yard run. Instead of sliding, some guy came from behind to tackle him and drove him into the ground...100% of both guys' weight landed on Pat's throwing shoulder.

Knee injury against TCU in 2015 was on a great scramble where he was diving for the end zone. No one knows exactly what that injury was, possibly a hyperextension? I couldn't believe he finished that game. He was limping really, really bad. The guy was pretty much on one leg in that game and he still managed to battle a top ranked TCU team all the way down the wire. Defense gave up a tip-ball TD and TCU barely beat us at the very end. He kept dealing with this injury the rest of the year and you can find him limping in other games on the 2015 game film if you really dig into it.

He had a concussion in 2014 as a freshman that wasn't really his fault. Got lit up on a designed run play and either OL or RB missed a block. Pat didn't see the hit coming and the dude knocked the living crap out of him.

He had a number of runs in his career where he would lower his shoulder into people and you cringe every damn time he does it. One of them was against Iowa State in 2016. Another was a block that he laid out for our RB against Arkansas in 2015. It was an incredible play by Pat, but also very dangerous for your star QB to put his body on the line like that. He absolutely has to learn to be more conservative with his body, even if he stays aggressive as hell in his passing decisions, etc.
[Reply]
Otter 07:04 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I'm trying to get behind the pick. I still would rather have waited til next year but I'm putting on a good face and trying to think positive. He's got a lot of good qualities.
It's just nice that you had to be the dirt bag you are to everyone yet again until it came time to flip the coin in your favor. You are scum.

How the mods let you back I'll never understand.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:05 PM 05-03-2017
I watched the entire LSU game. He got his ass kicked. It was like amazing to watch. You have to watch the whole thing to appreciate that it was like down 1 gets his ass kicked down 2 gets his ass kicked down 3 receiver drops the ball down 4 HOLY %^& TOUCHDOWN!

His receivers and backs were abysmal at catching the ball, by the way. At least in that game. That Grant kid was fast as greased lightening but he's a fumble and dropped pass MACHINE.

I see he had one carry for one yard for Miami last year and wouldn't you know it, he fumbled.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:08 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I watched the entire LSU game. He got his ass kicked. It was like amazing to watch. You have to watch the whole thing to appreciate that it was like down 1 gets his ass kicked down 2 gets his ass kicked down 3 receiver drops the ball down 4 HOLY %^& TOUCHDOWN!

His receivers and backs were abysmal at catching the ball, by the way. At least in that game. That Grant kid was fast as greased lightening but he's a fumble and dropped pass MACHINE.

I see he had one carry for one yard for Miami last year and wouldn't you know it, he fumbled.
Jakeem does have drop issues, but his speed was missed in 2016. Pat and Jakeem had a really good connection on the deep ball. Seemed like Pat was overthrowing the deep ball more often in 2016 without Jakeem there to help run under some of Pat's bombs. That plus the throwing shoulder injury probably hurt Pat's accuracy on some of those throws.

He did manage to bring the A game for the Baylor game over Thanksgiving. I think he knew it was gonna be his last college game and he wanted to bring special effort for it. They hit some huge plays in that game. Seemed like the entire first half was Tech hitting 60-80 yard bombs for touchdowns.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:10 PM 05-03-2017
Well you can rest easy because Tyreek is faster and catches everything.

Which is why he's on my dynasty team.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:12 PM 05-03-2017

Yep, looking forward to seeing a healthy Pat Mahomes throw 80 yarders to Tyreek Hill. If there is one guy in the league Pat cannot overthrow on the deep ball, it's Tyreek. Good luck NFL defenses. :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:15 PM 05-03-2017

This is another reason why I don't think we will have to wait till 2018 to see Patrick Mahomes II start.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:17 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Yep, looking forward to seeing a healthy Pat Mahomes throw 80 yarders to Tyreek Hill. If there is one guy in the league Pat cannot overthrow on the deep ball, it's Tyreek. Good luck NFL defenses. :-)
OH YEAH!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:20 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by Otter:
It's just nice that you had to be the dirt bag you are to everyone yet again until it came time to flip the coin in your favor. You are scum.

How the mods let you back I'll never understand.
Just give it a rest. No one cares about this shit.
[Reply]
Otter 07:23 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Just give it a rest. No one cares about this shit.
You first ass burgers. Stop being a human piece of shit then being OK only when it fits your favor.

I'm done. Sorry for polluting the thread.

You're scum.

I'm done.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:28 PM 05-03-2017
Thanks bud. Appreciate ya.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:28 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Do you write scripts for pron movies?

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:42 PM 05-03-2017
Patrick Mahomes, the next great NFL QB.

Welcome to the Chiefs!!!
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:45 PM 05-03-2017
Okay who is your team let's start there
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:48 PM 05-03-2017
Okay who is your team let's start there