ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 133 of 361
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183233 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Space Exploration megathread
DaFace 09:40 AM 06-01-2014
Since a number of cool things are happening in space exploration these days, we'll widen the scope of this thread a smidge. Conversation about all things space exploration are welcome, whether it be from NASA, SpaceX, ULA, Blue Origin, or anyone else. Chances are most of the discussion will still be about SpaceX since they love to make things public and fun, but nothing's off limits. I'll eventually get around to modifying the OP to include resources for other companies too, but in the meantime, feel free to post any cool stuff you run across.

Lists of Upcoming Missions

Spoiler!

How to Watch a Live Launch
Spoiler!

Where to Learn More
Spoiler!

Glossary
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 05:31 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonatha.../#2eb4eaa55e5a
Kind of looking like this is gonna get bumped back (perhaps significantly) FWIW. DM1 has slipped into March, and it'll come off of the same pad as the next FH launch. I can't imagine it'll be quick to turn around the pad for Heavy after DM1, so if I was placing bets, I'd say FH slips into April.
[Reply]
unlurking 05:54 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Kind of looking like this is gonna get bumped back (perhaps significantly) FWIW. DM1 has slipped into March, and it'll come off of the same pad as the next FH launch. I can't imagine it'll be quick to turn around the pad for Heavy after DM1, so if I was placing bets, I'd say FH slips into April.
I would imagine they're getting pad turn around times down to a matter of days. Easily a week. I still think we can see both launches in March. I think it's more likely that DM-1 gets pushed to after Arabsat-6A actually. Scheduling issues with ISS seem to be the biggest question mark right now.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:01 AM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I would imagine they're getting pad turn around times down to a matter of days. Easily a week. I still think we can see both launches in March. I think it's more likely that DM-1 gets pushed to after Arabsat-6A actually. Scheduling issues with ISS seem to be the biggest question mark right now.
It's more about what they can do in the HIF to me. Can they build a FH when they still have DM1 sitting in there? I really have no idea, but that seems like a pretty tight space. Guess we'll see.

DM-1 is now NET March 2nd fwiw.

https://blogs.nasa.gov/commercialcre...-launch-dates/
[Reply]
unlurking 12:31 PM 02-06-2019
DM-1 has been expected to slip to March since late January. Apparently Roscosmos is rather gabby when it comes to ISS/NASA timelines. lol

The SpaceX HIF has plenty of room for boosters in addition to having an FH already integrated on the TEL. With the Arabsat-6A launch, they don't have the added burden of scheduling ISS, so I can see SpaceX trying to go forward with a FH launch while DM-1 waits in the wings. (Then again, it's more likely my own desire to see another FH launch that I'm looking at it through rose colored glasses.)

[Reply]
DaFace 10:31 AM 02-11-2019
This is almost certainly just the latest example of Elon's insane optimism, but...

This will sound implausible, but I think there’s a path to build Starship / Super Heavy for less than Falcon 9

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) February 11, 2019

[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:54 PM 02-13-2019
On PBS right now, Rise of the Rockets. I think it is the story of private companies and their rockets. Ok, in a few minutes I guess. 8PM CT.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:15 PM 02-13-2019
Cool, it's available to stream, too (on PBS Roku at least). I'll give it a watch.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:26 PM 02-13-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Cool, it's available to stream, too (on PBS Roku at least). I'll give it a watch.
Yeah I should have also added it's NOVA.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:09 PM 02-18-2019

Static fire test of Falcon 9 complete—targeting February 21 launch of Nusantara Satu from Pad 40 in Florida.

— SpaceX (@SpaceX) February 19, 2019

Coming up Thursday at 8:45pm Eastern.
[Reply]
unlurking 09:13 AM 02-19-2019
So much DM-1, FH, and Starship/hopper news going on, kinda forgot they are doing regular launches still.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:16 AM 02-19-2019
I never cared about space. At all. Saw all the movies (right stuff, the Martian, Apollo 13, etc). Still never cared.

Saw “First Man” last weekend. Now I care. Now I finally get it. We need to get to Mars and explore everywhere we can. I was really wrong.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:53 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by unlurking:
So much DM-1, FH, and Starship/hopper news going on, kinda forgot they are doing regular launches still.
Yeah, same here. March and April should be a lot of fun, but this launch will hopefully get us through an otherwise dull time. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 10:54 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I never cared about space. At all. Saw all the movies (right stuff, the Martian, Apollo 13, etc). Still never cared.

Saw “First Man” last weekend. Now I care. Now I finally get it. We need to get to Mars and explore everywhere we can. I was really wrong.
I actually haven't ever gotten around to seeing that. I need to put that on the priority list. But yes, space exploration is critical. If we're not exploring, I'm not really sure what the point of life really is.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:11 AM 02-19-2019
I hadn't really paid much attention to this launch, but it's got a commercial lunar lander on board. That's pretty interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpaceIL

In short, it'll take a while to do it due to a very slow method of getting there, but it will theoretically land in a few months.
[Reply]
Donger 11:01 AM 02-20-2019
Some great shots I hadn't seen before:

[Reply]
Page 133 of 361
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183233 > Last »
Up