ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 89 of 94
« First < 39798586878889 90919293 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:31 PM 02-18-2019
I stand corrected:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:03 AM 02-19-2019
I've liked this season while at the same time feeling like it's been a bit muddled.

Still, this past week's episode was outstanding. And I read somewhere that Ali thought the finale was the best television he's ever seen.

Gonna be fun.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:10 PM 02-20-2019
watched the first episode of Season 3- I noticed it had potential - but haven't rushed back to catch up.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:13 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I stand corrected:

Spoiler!
I think he was listed in the credits as well.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 01:48 PM 02-21-2019
I read this article last night that threw me for a loop. It states some things I didn't think were set in stone

https://uproxx.com/tv/true-detective...final-country/
[Reply]
NewChief 05:21 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
I read this article last night that threw me for a loop. It states some things I didn't think were set in stone

https://uproxx.com/tv/true-detective...final-country/
Anything specific? I'll admit I've been pretty involved in some active discussion threads, so there's not much in there that hasn't been confirmed.

I really appreciate that Pizzolato has been active on social media straight up answering some questions and squashing some theories. He learned from S1 that letting the public run wild with theories and such will garner you some immediate buzz but will eventually turn sour when the reality of what occurs doesn't match the buildup they've created.
[Reply]
O.city 06:52 PM 02-24-2019
Welp, tonight’s the night
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:27 PM 02-24-2019
Spoiler!

also

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:43 PM 02-24-2019
Rereading the reddit comments, I'm going to credit the fuck out of two people here:

First, the random reddit keyboard jockey that pointed out that Elisa's role in the story was to be the audience stand-in and serve as a red herring.

Second, to Pizz for spelling it out for us early on in the show with Wayne saying something to the effect of 'Separate any sort of theories from the facts you have so you don't bend your thinking to fit those theories'.' Want to say it was the scene with him and Amelia canvassing the grassland during episode 1 or 2. Guess Pizz's social media accounts are already catching guff about how people were displeased with the finale namely because of what I was addressing in point 1.

I am impressed.
[Reply]
O.city 09:32 AM 02-25-2019
I enjoyed it.

It wasn't as flash bang as season 1 IMO with the reveal but it wasn't necessarily all about that.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:40 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I enjoyed it.

It wasn't as flash bang as season 1 IMO with the reveal but it wasn't necessarily all about that.
This is where I am.

I would be very happy to find out there’s a season 4 on the way.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:59 AM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Mahershala Ali is the best actor alive today. No one is better.
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Ha.
who's better?
Originally Posted by vailpass:
You so woke!
I dont get this statement. You think he has two Oscars, Golden Globes, SAG and Emmy's because of the color of his skin? Making up for Belafonte, Portier not getting an Oscar in the 60's?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:12 AM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I enjoyed it.

This was great TV. It wasn't about over the top theatrics or possible conspiracy theories aka season 1. It stands on its own. A great recovery on its own merits from the shit season of #2.

Season 3 was a straight up whodunit/mystery with a life long timeline. The moving back and forth in the timeline was done so well that it became integral to the telling of the story instead of just revealing a backstory to move faster to the finish. Best acted/directed/edited TV I've seen this year.

It's usually fair game to talk openly about a show/movie after its aired but I'll still spoil this comment about the ending.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BWillie 10:58 AM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
who's better?
I dont get this statement. You think he has two Oscars, Golden Globes, SAG and Emmy's because of the color of his skin? Making up for Belafonte, Portier not getting an Oscar in the 60's?
Why do you think it has anything to do by the color of his skin in the first place? I haven't seen Green Book but I didn't think Ali was just totally amazing in TD3. I need to see more things hes in first.

Michael B Jordan and Childish Gambino seem like better actors to me.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:11 AM 02-26-2019
I like MB Jordan a lot but he's not a better actor than Ali.
[Reply]
Page 89 of 94
« First < 39798586878889 90919293 > Last »
Up