ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 382
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
shirtsleeve 07:32 PM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
What's a Canadian Ale?
Light color, good body, 5.5% abv, willamette hops with about a 4.6% alpha acid. Smooth beer, a bit heavier and more nose than a Pale Ale. Crowd pleaser I brew for friends who just want "a beer"
[Reply]
DeezNutz 07:37 PM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by shirtsleeve:
Light color, good body, 5.5% abv, willamette hops with about a 4.6% alpha acid. Smooth beer, a bit heavier and more nose than a Pale Ale. Crowd pleaser I brew for friends who just want "a beer"
Did we really acquire a n00b who is not a complete dipshit? Are you sure you're in the right place, dude?
[Reply]
Reaper16 07:38 PM 04-01-2011
Cool.

I'm curious about why you feel that all-grain is too expensive to switch to. I'm all-grain and it didn't seem like much of a financial jump at all.
[Reply]
Reaper16 07:39 PM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
Did we really acquire a n00b who is not a complete dipshit? Are you sure you're in the right place, dude?
He's a Pats fan. So the jury is still out.
[Reply]
Phobia 07:39 PM 04-01-2011
Cool.

I'm curious about why you feel that all-grain is too expensive to switch to. I'm all-grain and it didn't seem like much of a financial jump at all.
What are YOU doing posting in this thread?
[Reply]
shirtsleeve 07:39 PM 04-01-2011
Thanks, but I did just perform a complete FAIL posting a new beer thread. The jury is still out.
[Reply]
Phobia 07:39 PM 04-01-2011
They already trained him at PP.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 07:41 PM 04-01-2011
'Bama truth. (keed)

By the way, Boulevard + Elbow = win. One bottle of it left for Deez = :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:42 PM 04-01-2011
'Bama truth.

Booofuckinghooo.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 07:43 PM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Booo****inghooo.
You didn't get any, huh? Purchased three bottles, after many a phone call to locate the goods. Just finished bottle 2.
[Reply]
Reaper16 07:45 PM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by Phobia:
What are YOU doing posting in this thread?
Trolling. I don't even like beer. I'm drinking a Dr. Pepper right now.
[Reply]
shirtsleeve 07:45 PM 04-01-2011
Cool.

Well you have the roasters, grinders, the mash tun and then you spend a bunch of time mashing and sparging. Then you gotta get rid of up to 15# of gooey grain waste for a 5 gallon batch. I buy quality extracts made by a local home brew supplier themselves, use a few # of grains and get very similar results, imo. Going all grain is the only way if you are brewing large batches or a whole bunch of batches though. The cost difference of buying bulk grains in barrels makes up for it pretty quickly.

Thats what I said.
[Reply]
kstater 07:48 PM 04-01-2011
Well you have the roasters, grinders, the mash tun and then you spend a bunch of time mashing and sparging. Then you gotta get rid of up to 15# of gooey grain waste for a 5 gallon batch. I buy quality extracts made by a local home brew supplier themselves, use a few # of grains and get very similar results, imo. Going all grain is the only way if you are brewing large batches or a whole bunch of batches though. The cost difference of buying bulk grains in barrels makes up for it pretty quickly.

Do what makes you happy. But I went to all-grain with $75 in parts(10 gal Cooler). You don't need a roaster or a grinder. And I can start the strike water and be cleaned up in 5 hours.
[Reply]
Reaper16 07:49 PM 04-01-2011
Ah, I don't do the grinding myself. I get my malts ground from a homebrew supply store. I find that all of that time for mashing and sparging is also time for good conversation and beer drinking. When I have a brew day, I usually brew two 5-gallon batches. I start the mash for the second beer while the first beer is in the brew kettle.
[Reply]
NewChief 07:49 PM 04-01-2011
'Bama truth. (keed)

That shit sold out quick down here. I got one bottle, and that was it. When it first came to town, it was on the shelf for a couple of weeks, so I didn't sweat it too much. Then it just vanished.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 382
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Up