ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 382
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chiefs Rool 02:20 PM 03-31-2011
I've been seeing more Stone brews at the liquor stores. For those of you who aren't familiar with Stone, get familiar!! Start with the Smoked Porter or the Arrogant Bastard and thank me later.
[Reply]
shirtsleeve 06:46 PM 04-01-2011
I found this thread, after a change in search. There are so many of these. Well, you can post up my post here, if ya want bwana and toast my thread.
[Reply]
kstater 06:47 PM 04-01-2011
Had to have some mental gymnastics to enter "Beer" in the search box.
[Reply]
shirtsleeve 06:47 PM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by kstater:
Had to have some mental gymnastics to enter "Beer" in the search box.
I entered "official beer" figuring all the beer threads would have been merged by now in a forum this big...oops.
[Reply]
shirtsleeve 06:53 PM 04-01-2011
So anyway, I was talking about a very good every day beer from a major brewer. Its prolly already here too. So I wont bother putting the pic of the Sam Adams Noble Pils up. Its my fav everyday beer. I just wish it wasn't a seasonal.
[Reply]
shirtsleeve 07:00 PM 04-01-2011
If you ever are in Mass, or RI for any reason, be sure to try these:

(5.6% abv, 50 IBU)

and this:

(7.3% abv, similar IBU)

They are only sold in Mass and RI but they are worth stopping for if you are ever in the neighborhood.
[Reply]
Phobia 07:06 PM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by shirtsleeve:
So anyway, I was talking about a very good every day beer from a major brewer. Its prolly already here too. So I wont bother putting the pic of the Sam Adams Noble Pils up. Its my fav everyday beer. I just wish it wasn't a seasonal.
It's a very good brew. We get it on tap out here regularly. Not quite as good as the SA Octoberfest but still very solid.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:06 PM 04-01-2011
If you ever are in Mass, or RI for any reason, be sure to try these:

(5.6% abv, 50 IBU)

and this:

(7.3% abv, similar IBU)

They are only sold in Mass and RI but they are worth stopping for if you are ever in the neighborhood.
So do you Homebrew? There are several of us that do and there is some good threads about that as well. :-)
[Reply]
shirtsleeve 07:10 PM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by Bwana:
So do you Homebrew? There are several of us that do and there is some good threads about that as well. :-)
Yeah, I am a partial masher. Dont judge. lol. I just cant justify all the time and expense of the equipment needed to go all grain. The taste isn't that much worth it. I do keg. I gotta post up some pics of my basement mancave with my bar in it. Its got two taps. Right now I am getting ready to start a Canadian ale and my "Dead Presidents Masshole Ale." That one won me a minor peoples choice award at a local competition two years ago.
[Reply]
shirtsleeve 07:22 PM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by Phobia:
It's a very good brew. We get it on tap out here regularly. Not quite as good as the SA Octoberfest but still very solid.
The Octoberfest is good too. But I like me some hops. Hell, I dry hop cascade my stouts!

Right now I am loading the garage fridge with the Noble Pils for summer.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:24 PM 04-01-2011
Yeah, I am a partial masher. Dont judge. lol. I just cant justify all the time and expense of the equipment needed to go all grain. The taste isn't that much worth it. I do keg. I gotta post up some pics of my basement mancave with my bar in it. Its got two taps. Right now I am getting ready to start a Canadian ale and my "Dead Presidents Masshole Ale." That one won me a minor peoples choice award at a local competition two years ago.
Very cool.
[Reply]
Reaper16 07:26 PM 04-01-2011
What's a Canadian Ale?
[Reply]
kstater 07:27 PM 04-01-2011
Just finished a IPA, and poured a blonde. The blonde is probably my best to date.
[Reply]
shirtsleeve 07:29 PM 04-01-2011
Very cool.
I'll post up pics of my bar later tonight when I get home.

The guy I mentioned who posts over at PP who caught the EEE won the Gillette Stadium competition. SA brewed his recipe for a season and sold it at all the Pats games. That guy can brew. I hope he heals.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:32 PM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by kstater:
Just finished a IPA, and poured a blonde. The blonde is probably my best to date.
I REALLY need to cook up a batch or two this weekend, so it's prime for summer.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 382
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Up