ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 382
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
kstater 12:07 PM 01-22-2011
Saison Dupont is great.

Had a Harvest Dance last night. Not my cup of tea.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 02:13 PM 01-22-2011
Originally Posted by KC native:
So, I finally got my hands on a Lagunitas Cappucino Stout. This is fucking awesome. The OP article nails it. The coffee goes perfect with the stout. I'm usually leery of coffee beers because they are so hard to pull off well but this one is fantastic. I will be heading back to the liquor store to grab 3-4 more tomorrow (only got 2 today).
Where did you find it?

Originally Posted by Reaper16:
I'll get accused of homerism, but my honest-to-God best dark beer I've ever had is Boulevard's Imperial Stout that they released one time back in December of 2008. It's coming out again in a few months, luckily.

My non-homer answer would be De Struise Black Albert. It's a Belgian take on the Imperial Stout style, and it is endlessly complex. The aforementioned Boulevard Dark Truth Stout is good as well, but know this: Dark Truth is a beer that is trying to do the same things as Black Albert, but it doesn't reach the level of its inspiration.
QFTMFT
[Reply]
KC native 04:04 PM 01-22-2011
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Ah, Saison Dupoint Vieille Provision. It is THE classic example of the style. Delicious. One of the best Thanksgiving beers you could ever hope to serve, too.
I love Saison Dupont. The local Central Market carries it constantly. I tried it right after I tried Tank 7 for the first time.
[Reply]
KC native 04:05 PM 01-22-2011
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
Where did you find it?

QFTMFT
At a Goody Goody liquor store. I managed to meet the guy responsible for picking the beers they carry and have got a couple suggestions in. He's cool and is open to suggestions.
[Reply]
NewChief 07:23 PM 01-29-2011
My wife picked me up the original Boulevard Saison tonight from some fancy wine store down here in Dallas (we're visiting IKEA with a U-Haul to help furnish our new addition). She's such a badass to just pick it up randomly for me.

As for the beer: I really like it (I haven't met a Saison that I don't enjoy as of yet), but I don't find it to be as complex as Tank 7. Maybe it's just more subtle. Anyway... it seems more straightforward. I don't know. It's good. I like it. I've drank the whole bottle.
[Reply]
Reaper16 07:25 PM 01-29-2011
Originally Posted by NewChief:
My wife picked me up the original Boulevard Saison tonight from some fancy wine store down here in Dallas (we're visiting IKEA with a U-Haul to help furnish our new addition). She's such a badass to just pick it up randomly for me.

As for the beer: I really like it (I haven't met a Saison that I don't enjoy as of yet), but I don't find it to be as complex as Tank 7. Maybe it's just more subtle. Anyway... it seems more straightforward. I don't know. It's good. I like it. I've drank the whole bottle.
Your thoughts on the beer are in league with mine. Good, straightforward, super drinkable, not as complex as Tank 7.
[Reply]
Miles 10:24 PM 01-29-2011
Had and bottle of the Boulevard Bourbon Quad earlier this week and enjoyed the hell out of it.
[Reply]
KC native 09:59 PM 02-06-2011
For the super bowl, I ran to Central Market and brought home some Stone Cali-Belgique and Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence.

The Cali-Belgique in a bottle was better than from the tap. It went great with the shrimp and crab legs that I had.

The Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence was fantastic. It says it's their 10th anniversary beer (97-07) and it had a worn label so I have no idea how it made it into the cooler. The chocolate is perfect. Not too sweet and not too bitter. Nice rich chocolate smells. Fucking awesome.
[Reply]
kstater 05:55 PM 02-09-2011
Just cracked open Jack and Ken's Ale.

Awesome beer. Can't wait to see what this turns into as it warms. Although I'm sitting outside watching near-car accidents so it won't warm too much.
[Reply]
Reaper16 06:00 PM 02-09-2011
If you KC people haven't found your bottles of Boulevard + Christopher Elbow Chocolate Ale yet then you're running out of time. It's selling out everywhere within an hour of stores getting their shipment.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 09:33 PM 02-12-2011
Picked up several bottles of Chocolate Ale. Just corked the first one...

Outstanding. Distinct aroma. Creamy, rich taste.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:56 PM 02-12-2011
I still have 3 bottles of tank 7 i bought a couple months ago that i havent opened

I hope i can find a bottle of this choc. ale
[Reply]
phisherman 10:23 PM 02-12-2011
If you don't have a bottle of blvd. chocolate ale yet, you probably aren't going to find one. they're sold out, more or less everywhere.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 10:47 PM 02-12-2011
If you can't find a bottle of the choc. ale, several restaurants have it on tap. Google it, and you'll find a list.
[Reply]
Reaper16 12:43 AM 02-13-2011
Troegs Nugget Nectar for me tonight.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 382
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Up