ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 382
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106156 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KC native 12:03 AM 01-22-2011
So, I finally got my hands on a Lagunitas Cappucino Stout. This is fucking awesome. The OP article nails it. The coffee goes perfect with the stout. I'm usually leery of coffee beers because they are so hard to pull off well but this one is fantastic. I will be heading back to the liquor store to grab 3-4 more tomorrow (only got 2 today).
[Reply]
KC native 12:10 AM 01-22-2011
Also, don't think I mentioned it but I managed to grab the Sam Adam's collabo Infinum before it sold out here. I was very impressed. Very light and champagne like.

It seems like Sam Adams really steps up the high end specialty beers. I've had Utopias and this and they are both awesome.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12:26 AM 01-22-2011
Austin received a bunch of the abyss. Hope stores aren't sold out...
[Reply]
Reaper16 12:29 AM 01-22-2011
Cigar City Jai Alai IPA
[Reply]
Miles 12:49 AM 01-22-2011
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
But holy shit Boulevard's Seeyoulator Doppelbock this year is phenomenal.
My current favorite from them.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:02 AM 01-22-2011
They just got the Tank 7 4-Packs here in JoMo. Going to be a good day.
[Reply]
JimBaker488 09:32 AM 01-22-2011
So then the best Dark-Beer is ?
And BTW, where's that Trout Stream NewChief ?
[Reply]
NewChief 09:34 AM 01-22-2011
Originally Posted by JimBaker488:
That picture is from the Big Hole in Montana.

And that's a huge question. I love a lot of them. Currently really like Dark Truth from Boulevard.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:37 AM 01-22-2011
The best dark beer: A glass of Busch Light with two shots of Jim Beam in it.
[Reply]
JimBaker488 09:53 AM 01-22-2011
Originally Posted by NewChief:
That picture is from the Big Hole in Montana.

And that's a huge question. I love a lot of them. Currently really like Dark Truth from Boulevard.
I knew that was "Big-Sky" Country !
I spent 'bout 9 or 10 glorious days up in that area this past fall, last week of September to be exact. Flew into Boise, but pretty much divided my time between Idaho & MT along with a day or so in Y-S NP. You ever fished Rock Creek near the Pintler Wilderness area ? I was hitting that stream a bit when I was up there last year.
That's Gods-Country ! Life can't possibly get better than being in the Rockies in the Fall when the Aspens turn. And hey, it's also the beginning of FB season.
Dark Truth, huh ? I'll have to try it sometime.
[Reply]
Reaper16 10:13 AM 01-22-2011
I'll get accused of homerism, but my honest-to-God best dark beer I've ever had is Boulevard's Imperial Stout that they released one time back in December of 2008. It's coming out again in a few months, luckily.

My non-homer answer would be De Struise Black Albert. It's a Belgian take on the Imperial Stout style, and it is endlessly complex. The aforementioned Boulevard Dark Truth Stout is good as well, but know this: Dark Truth is a beer that is trying to do the same things as Black Albert, but it doesn't reach the level of its inspiration.
[Reply]
NewChief 10:13 AM 01-22-2011
Just picked up Vieille Provision Saison. My beer store just got in a whole boatload of new saisons.
[Reply]
Reaper16 10:16 AM 01-22-2011
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Just picked up Vieille Provision Saison. My beer store just got in a whole boatload of new saisons.
Ah, Saison Dupoint Vieille Provision. It is THE classic example of the style. Delicious. One of the best Thanksgiving beers you could ever hope to serve, too.
[Reply]
NewChief 10:33 AM 01-22-2011
I knew that was "Big-Sky" Country !
I spent 'bout 9 or 10 glorious days up in that area this past fall, last week of September to be exact. Flew into Boise, but pretty much divided my time between Idaho & MT along with a day or so in Y-S NP. You ever fished Rock Creek near the Pintler Wilderness area ? I was hitting that stream a bit when I was up there last year.
That's Gods-Country ! Life can't possibly get better than being in the Rockies in the Fall when the Aspens turn. And hey, it's also the beginning of FB season.
Dark Truth, huh ? I'll have to try it sometime.
I love that area. One of my best friends lives in grangeville, ID, and he picked me up from the airport and took me around. He fishes Rock Creek quite often and raves about the beauty of that canyon. We didn't hit it that trip though. I hope to get out there again soon
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:08 AM 01-22-2011
Enjoyed a couple Schlafly Extra Stout Irish-Style last night. I'll probably enjoy a few today as well.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 382
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106156 > Last »
Up