ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 382
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Miles 01:10 AM 07-24-2010
Originally Posted by Miles:
Up for tonight:

Avery Brewing - The Reverend Quad
Ska Brewing - Decadent Imperial IPA
Both were of the good but not great variety. The Ska IPA was pretty balanced but a bit sweet on the front end.

The Reverend Quad was a solid quad that I bought instead as of my usual Boulevard Quad and it didn't hold up to that standard.
[Reply]
Miles 01:20 AM 07-24-2010
Picked up a few on the way home from work:

Pliney the Elder (wasn't expecting that)
Great Divide - 16th Anniversary Wood Aged Double IPA
Ommegang - Tripel Perfection
Drank the Great Divide - 16th Anniversary Wood Aged Double IPA last night. Fairly unique wood flavor up front but not overdone. Really enjoyed that one and might need to buy another before the local supply is completely cached.

Saving the two others for later since I didn't quite appreciate that they were hard to get when I bought them. The beer guy at the store near my office said he dove into his stash after I talked to him a bit.
[Reply]
Reaper16 07:31 AM 07-24-2010
Drank the Great Divide - 16th Anniversary Wood Aged Double IPA last night. Fairly unique wood flavor up front but not overdone. Really enjoyed that one and might need to buy another before the local supply is completely cached.

Saving the two others for later since I didn't quite appreciate that they were hard to get when I bought them. The beer guy at the store near my office said he dove into his stash after I talked to him a bit.
Pliny should be consumed ASAP. It is a beer that literally gets worse by the day.
[Reply]
Shag 10:31 AM 07-24-2010
Both were of the good but not great variety. The Ska IPA was pretty balanced but a bit sweet on the front end.

The Reverend Quad was a solid quad that I bought instead as of my usual Boulevard Quad and it didn't hold up to that standard.
If you're looking to try a new quad, look for the St. Bernardus Abt 12, which should be relatively easy to find. Fantastic quad, and one of my favorite beers.

And, as Reaper said, drink the Pliny ASAP - it even says so on the bottle. Check out the bottling date on it, too - the fresher, the better. The only Pliny i was ever able to get my hands on was 2 mos old, which is apparently past its prime, but was still absolutely delicious.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 10:45 AM 07-24-2010
We need like a CP wiki of beers to try.

I gotta make a list and I gotta reinstate my Sunday TV + Beer exercise.
[Reply]
Shag 10:53 AM 07-24-2010
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
We need like a CP wiki of beers to try.

I gotta make a list and I gotta reinstate my Sunday TV + Beer exercise.
That would be a huge list, lol. And why limit it to Sunday? :-)
[Reply]
Reaper16 10:54 AM 07-24-2010
Originally Posted by Shag:
This
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 10:58 AM 07-24-2010
Mostly because without my ritual, I'm not trying anything new, which is severely disappointing. I need to go over to Missouri.

Will probably have an Orval tonight.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 07-24-2010
New Belgium Eric's Ale
Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout
[Reply]
Miles 11:54 AM 07-24-2010
If you're looking to try a new quad, look for the St. Bernardus Abt 12, which should be relatively easy to find. Fantastic quad, and one of my favorite beers.

And, as Reaper said, drink the Pliny ASAP - it even says so on the bottle. Check out the bottling date on it, too - the fresher, the better. The only Pliny i was ever able to get my hands on was 2 mos old, which is apparently past its prime, but was still absolutely delicious.
Big fan of Abt 12.

Thanks to you and Reaper on the Pliny heads up. The bottle in my fridge is about 40 days old and I might have kept it in there for a couple of weeks if I hadn't known that freshness was key. Probably will drink it this afternoon.
[Reply]
Reaper16 11:55 AM 07-24-2010
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
Mostly because without my ritual, I'm not trying anything new, which is severely disappointing. I need to go over to Missouri.

Will probably have an Orval tonight.
Orval! Fuck yes.

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
New Belgium Eric's Ale
Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout
Creme Brulee is a fucking experience, ain't it? It is so sweet as to elicit laughter.
[Reply]
Miles 01:06 PM 07-24-2010
Just bought a bottle of Consecration. $11 for a small bottle hurt a bit but sounds like it will be well worth it.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 02:48 PM 07-24-2010
continuing my southern IPA tour from last week: Terrapin's Hopsecutioner
(loved it)

i'm moving a whole hour away to the ATL for Sweetwater's IPA (no link, they have one of the worst web sites ever)

[Reply]
Miles 03:52 PM 07-24-2010
So that Pliny stuff is pretty fucking good. Really loved the long hoppy finish that was the opposite of obnoxious.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 03:55 PM 07-24-2010
Had the Shipyard XXXX IPA last night. Tasted more like a barley wine than an IPA which makes sense since it's nearly 10% ABV and uses Caramel malts. The primary hops were cascade which I typically like, but they were light enough that they couldn't compete with the malt. Overall it was just OK IMO. I might have liked it more if I hadn't expected a much hoppier experience.

Anyone tried any others from the "Pugsley Signature Series" Shipyard puts out?
[Reply]
Page 20 of 382
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Up