ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 382
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Shag 04:23 PM 06-26-2010
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
HUNAPU'S?!?!? You lucksack. WTF did you give up to get that?
Yeah, pretty excited about that one. Traded an '08 Darkness for it...
[Reply]
Reaper16 04:29 PM 06-26-2010
Originally Posted by Shag:
Yeah, pretty excited about that one. Traded an '08 Darkness for it...
I figured you'd have to give up a Darkness for it.

I've never had either; I would love so much to try Darkness.
[Reply]
Reaper16 07:34 PM 06-27-2010
now drinking: 2010 Fantome Saison D'Ereze'e Printemps. My description of the INSANE aroma on this beer is as follows: "One expects originality and unique experiences from Fantome beers. The 2010 version of Printemps has a nose unlike any beer I've had before. TONS of lemon and lime or, to be more precise, lemonade and limeade blast the nose. I say lemonade because you can make out the smell of straight-up sugar. Dany Prignon is not afraid to use adjuncts like spices, sugars and fruit juices in his esoteric, artisinal farmhouse ales. But there is a funk character behind the lemon/lime-ade sweetness. You get the smell of dank, sweaty feet and, like, mildew. Some ballsweat and pungent flowers and Neosporin too. This is FUCKED up. In a good way!"
[Reply]
XXXshogunXXX 12:34 AM 06-28-2010
Completed my first few beer trades. Here's my take:

did you trade with someone in california?, i think ive had that all

ill post some pics soon, but i recently had 3 cantillions from 2003. my friend had it stashed and just broke it out for his bday, supposedly each bottle was near $200. We were all puckered out
[Reply]
Shag 07:37 AM 06-28-2010
Originally Posted by XXXshogunXXX:
did you trade with someone in california?, i think ive had that all

ill post some pics soon, but i recently had 3 cantillions from 2003. my friend had it stashed and just broke it out for his bday, supposedly each bottle was near $200. We were all puckered out
Yeah, two trades from California, one from SC. The two Cigar City brews (Hunaphu's, Jai Alai Humidor Series) are from a Florida brewery.

California has access to so much great beer - I'm jealous...
[Reply]
Reaper16 09:44 AM 06-28-2010
Originally Posted by XXXshogunXXX:

*swoon* That would be so great. Cantillon is one of my absolute favorite breweries.
[Reply]
Reaper16 07:47 PM 06-28-2010
I'm drinking Olfabrikken Porter. It is the best Baltic Porter I've ever had. You must seek this beer out.
[Reply]
LOCOChief 08:19 PM 06-28-2010
I tried a seasonal brew by Anheuser called Sun Dog, similar to Shock Top which I think is similar to Blue Moon. I really enjoy all three especially with the orange wedge in a frosted glass great summer beers, really refreshing.
[Reply]
Reaper16 08:25 PM 06-28-2010
Originally Posted by LOCOChief:
I tried a seasonal brew by Anheuser called Sun Dog, similar to Shock Top which I think is similar to Blue Moon. I really enjoy all three especially with the orange wedge in a frosted glass great summer beers, really refreshing.
If you enjoy those then you should seek out St. Bernadus Witbier, Sierra Nevada Kellerweiss and Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:27 PM 06-28-2010
If you enjoy those then you should seek out St. Bernadus Witbier, Sierra Nevada Kellerweiss and Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier.
Where would be the best place to locate said brews? A Gomer's, perhaps?
[Reply]
Reaper16 08:28 PM 06-28-2010
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Where would be the best place to locate said brews? A Gomer's, perhaps?
In KC? You can find those beers at a Gomers or a Royal or a Bubbles or a Lukas or even a Hy-Vee. Pretty much anywhere, especially the Sierra Nevada offering (which will be in six-packs, the other two in single bottles).
[Reply]
Shag 08:30 PM 06-28-2010
I'm drinking Olfabrikken Porter. It is the best Baltic Porter I've ever had. You must seek this beer out.
Wonder if I can find that around here anywhere. Not a baltic, but have you had Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter? GL just came into town recently, and I came across this gem - it's fantastic...
[Reply]
Toadkiller 08:32 PM 06-28-2010
Really really enjoyed the Saison Rue by The Bruery tonight. I will have to go buy a few more of them. Perfect beer.

Oh and the Alaskan Smoked Porter was like drinking smoke in a bottle. Very nice and unexpected. Loved it.
[Reply]
Reaper16 08:37 PM 06-28-2010
Wonder if I can find that around here anywhere. Not a baltic, but have you had Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter? GL just came into town recently, and I came across this gem - it's fantastic...
Edmund Fitzgerald is my second favorite American Porter on Earth (I like Boulevard's Bully! Porter a smidge more). Edmund Fitzgerald is a brilliant beer; it'd be a mainstay of my fridge if Great Lakes distributed to MO. Everytime I go to Chicago (once or twice a year) I bring home a case of it.
[Reply]
Reaper16 08:37 PM 06-28-2010
Originally Posted by Toadkiller:
Really really enjoyed the Saison Rue by The Bruery tonight. I will have to go buy a few more of them. Perfect beer.

Oh and the Alaskan Smoked Porter was like drinking smoke in a bottle. Very nice and unexpected. Loved it.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 15 of 382
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up