ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>Alita: Battle Angel
keg in kc 04:15 PM 07-23-2018
Jim Cameron. That is all.


[Reply]
Frosty 01:49 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Have no fucking clue what this movie is about. They dont even try to tell you in the previews
Live action anime, so it's supposed to look good but not really make sense. :-)
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:39 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
93% on Audience score. I hate the critics.
Fanboy reviews are often much worse than critic reviews. BvS is a great example of that.
[Reply]
sully1983 05:13 PM 02-15-2019
Saw this today . Really enjoyed it overall . Some of James Cameron's dialogue though (he wrote most of the script) was sorta cheesy & cringeworthy in certain parts but no biggie really . Alita Battle Angel was actually a refreshing BIG event film (not a sequel or reboot) . Very fast paced sci fi film with a good amount of twists & turns that kept me interested & entertained thru out. Its not a "cinematic game changer" like Avatar though. So seeing it IMAX 3D isn't really required imo but I would still give it a shot in theaters. The motor ball sequences were impressive as hell . Lead was better than I was expecting and the rest of the cast is solid.

Also there is one pretty big name actor in this that wasn't credited (at least I don't think he was credited in the promos or marketing). It was definitely a pleasant surprise for my buddies & I when we saw him appear . Hint:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:57 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Can you please advise me what it is about - since none of the advertisers seem to want to do that.
YouTube the battle angel video it's about an hour and kindve messy. Cool anime though. I've only read part of one book.

Edit link
https://youtu.be/tofSaLB9kwE

From a wiki

The series is set in the post-apocalyptic future and focuses on*Alita, a*cyborg*who has lost all memories and is found in a garbage heap by a cybernetics doctor who rebuilds and takes care of her. She discovers that there is one thing she remembers, the legendary cyborg*martial art*Panzer Kunst, which leads to her becoming a Hunter Warrior or*bounty hunter. The story traces Alita's attempts to rediscover her past and the characters whose lives she impacts on her journey.*
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:58 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Saw this today . Really enjoyed it overall . Some of James Cameron's dialogue though (he wrote most of the script) was sorta cheesy & cringeworthy in certain parts but no biggie really . Alita Battle Angel was actually a refreshing BIG event film (not a sequel or reboot) . Very fast paced sci fi film with a good amount of twists & turns that kept me interested & entertained thru out. Its not a "cinematic game changer" like Avatar though. So seeing it IMAX 3D isn't really required imo but I would still give it a shot in theaters. The motor ball sequences were impressive as hell . Lead was better than I was expecting and the rest of the cast is solid.



Also there is one pretty big name actor in this that wasn't credited (at least I don't think he was credited in the promos or marketing). It was definitely a pleasant surprise for my buddies & I when we saw him appear . Hint:
Spoiler!
Glad to hear I'm intrigued cause of the little I've read and the YouTube video I saw
[Reply]
Frosty 08:11 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
From a wiki

The series is set in the post-apocalyptic future and focuses on*Alita, a*cyborg*who has lost all memories and is found in a garbage heap by a cybernetics doctor who rebuilds and takes care of her. She discovers that there is one thing she remembers, the legendary cyborg*martial art*Panzer Kunst, which leads to her becoming a Hunter Warrior or*bounty hunter. The story traces Alita's attempts to rediscover her past and the characters whose lives she impacts on her journey.*
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Live action anime, so it's supposed to look good but not really make sense. :-)
Like I said...
[Reply]
Kiimosabi 12:52 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Can you please advise me what it is about - since none of the advertisers seem to want to do that.
The more actual story we included the worse the trailers and TV spots tested. That happens sometimes.
[Reply]
JD10367 01:00 PM 02-19-2019
I thought it was a pretty good dystopian future/cyborg story. I think people think it’s live-action anime, which is deceptive. It really isn’t. It’s just basically like “Avatar“. Live actors with (in this case one solo) CGI character. I saw it in 3D, which probably helped it to make her look more realistic, but I don’t think it would be a problem in 2D. People are making a big deal about the giant eyes, but she’s not supposed to be a real person. She’s a cyborg with a human brain inside. So the big eye thing really didn’t bother me at all. People are also picking on the hokey dialogue and the love story, but it kind of needs the love story; without her humanity, it would just be another typical cyborg robot thing. If you remotely liked films like “Elysium” or “Ghost In The Shell” then this is better IMO.
[Reply]
unlurking 01:12 PM 02-19-2019
I enjoyed it, but I loved the manga. Biggest problem I had (which I'm sure most people won't), is that it felt really rushed in the first 15 minutes. Felt like they were trying just do cliff's notes on an origins story, them move on to the bigger story. Unfortunately I'm not sure it will make enough money for a sequel. Was looking forward to seeing the surprise actor playing Nova.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:19 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Have no fucking clue what this movie is about. They dont even try to tell you in the previews
Thats not important, thats why.

Originally Posted by Frosty:
Live action anime, so it's supposed to look good but not really make sense. :-)
:-)

Originally Posted by JD10367:
I thought it was a pretty good dystopian future/cyborg story. I think people think it’s live-action anime, which is deceptive. It really isn’t. It’s just basically like “Avatar“. Live actors with (in this case one solo) CGI character. I saw it in 3D, which probably helped it to make her look more realistic, but I don’t think it would be a problem in 2D. People are making a big deal about the giant eyes, but she’s not supposed to be a real person. She’s a cyborg with a human brain inside. So the big eye thing really didn’t bother me at all. People are also picking on the hokey dialogue and the love story, but it kind of needs the love story; without her humanity, it would just be another typical cyborg robot thing. If you remotely liked films like “Elysium” or “Ghost In The Shell” then this is better IMO.
Saw it in IMAX 3D with some rewards money from AMC. The big eyes were weird. Wished they would have went normal sized. It was distracting for a non-anime fanboy. State of the art CGI for sure. Very well done tech. You can see some Avatar/Cameron involvment in the movie. The story wasn't unique or plotted well. I think it needed more humanity. Go for the state of the art CGI or forget this one.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:23 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Have no fucking clue what this movie is about. They dont even try to tell you in the previews
The girl wins. You’re welcome.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:43 AM Today
I can't get past the uncanny valley of the girl's eyes.

It would be like someone who's freaked out by clowns watching a show about a clown. It's fucking creepy to me...
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up