ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2350 of 3903
« First < 1350185022502300234023462347234823492350 235123522353235423602400245028503350 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 12:19 PM 06-17-2020
You're also reopening all these elective surgeries and those people are required to have COvid tests prior to that. Wonder if thats part of it?
[Reply]
TLO 12:51 PM 06-17-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
You're also reopening all these elective surgeries and those people are required to have COvid tests prior to that. Wonder if thats part of it?
I feel like there are a lot of factors at play. It would be nice for some sort of health official to come out and say "this is what we're seeing, and this is what we think is happening."

Instead it feels kind of like a free for all for everyone to try and figure out for themselves.
[Reply]
loochy 12:56 PM 06-17-2020
My neighbor's entire family has it. She is the manager of a nursing home. They experienced a case at the nursing home, so they recommended that she get tested. She came up positive, as did her husband and two children. It's been about a week and a half and they have absolutely zero symptoms. No sniffles, no coughs, no anything.

I'm thinking a part of the sharp increases is that cases like this that are being caught now. 2 months ago there's no way that they would have been tested.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:10 PM 06-17-2020
Beijing is now blaming their latest outbreak on "imported salmon". So time to get the salmon out of the stores before it kills everyone!
[Reply]
petegz28 01:12 PM 06-17-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
My neighbor's entire family has it. She is the manager of a nursing home. They experienced a case at the nursing home, so they recommended that she get tested. She came up positive, as did her husband and two children. It's been about a week and a half and they have absolutely zero symptoms. No sniffles, no coughs, no anything.

I'm thinking a part of the sharp increases is that cases like this that are being caught now. 2 months ago there's no way that they would have been tested.
This is what TLO and I talked about last night. We are just hearing "cases". And every time you turn around you find most if not all of said cases are either ridiculously mild or no symptoms at all. That doesn't take away from the fact that there are thousands getting severely sick but we can't pretend everyone who gets is should cancel Christmas either.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:14 PM 06-17-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Wonder if the increase in testing is allowing more mild and such cases to be found which is increasing the number of positives but allowing the death numbers to stay falling?
I can tell you this, locally here they are doing way more testing due to some more positive cases mainly centered around poultry and meat plants in the area, resulting in contact tracing and testing. The vast majority of the positives they are finding are asymptomatic.

So we have seen a large climb in positives but I think the only death related to the spike has been a 70+ year old with underlying health issues.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:37 PM 06-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
The number of people sickened with Covid-19 across Texas’ hospitals hit a new high Wednesday, surging about 11% in a single day.

There are 2,793 patients hospitalized with a coronavirus infection in the state, up from 2,518 patients reported Tuesday, according to updated data from the Texas Department of State Health Services. The total Wednesday marks the eighth new high in the state in less than two weeks. Texas coronavirus hospitalizations are now up more than 84% since Memorial Day as the state continues to reopen.
What I'm curious about are the severity of the cases. Such as what percentage are asymptomatic, what percentage are very sick but stable, what percentage are in ICU, etc.

I'd love to see some info on how people who currently have it are exhibiting...
[Reply]
Donger 01:46 PM 06-17-2020
Originally Posted by Rausch:
What I'm curious about are the severity of the cases. Such as what percentage are asymptomatic, what percentage are very sick but stable, what percentage are in ICU, etc.

I don't think that many people would go to the hospital if they are asymptomatic.
[Reply]
tk13 01:55 PM 06-17-2020
Originally Posted by Rausch:

I think that's why the Texas thing is probably the biggest story. They are seeing legit increases in people getting hospitalized with it.

They've had an 85% increase in hospitalizations since Memorial Day. You don't end up in the hospital if you're not having any issues. Hopefully we see this thing level off there within the next week or so, and it's not already too late and about to take off.
[Reply]
O.city 02:00 PM 06-17-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I can tell you this, locally here they are doing way more testing due to some more positive cases mainly centered around poultry and meat plants in the area, resulting in contact tracing and testing. The vast majority of the positives they are finding are asymptomatic.

So we have seen a large climb in positives but I think the only death related to the spike has been a 70+ year old with underlying health issues.
I don't know about the vast majority but a good portion for sure.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:04 PM 06-17-2020
Hospitalizations of younger than 65 concerns are present in AZ and many parts of the country.

Current COVID hospitalization numbers broken down by age group.
20-44 years old- 830
44-54 years old- 621
55-64 years old-763
65+ years old- 1603

Percentage of positive cases needing hospitalized- 9%

https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/e...ards/index.php
[Reply]
petegz28 02:10 PM 06-17-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Hospitalizations of younger than 65 concerns are present in AZ and many parts of the country.

Current COVID hospitalization numbers broken down by age group.
20-44 years old- 830
44-54 years old- 621
55-64 years old-763
65+ years old- 1603

Percentage of positive cases needing hospitalized- 9%

https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/e...ards/index.php

[Reply]
O.city 02:12 PM 06-17-2020
Deaths lag. So the hospitalizations of today, are next weeks deaths etc.

The lowering of the deaths would theoretically be from the lockdowns.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:15 PM 06-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
306 of the 1,239 deaths were people below the age of 65.

And again, I wouldn't want to contract a virus that puts 10% of those testing positive in the hospital. Just because you don't die, doesn't mean you won't have permanent damage of some capacity. This virus is showing in some to cause arterial damage. It's too variable and too new to know why. I prefer to have a healthy heart and lungs for my next 50 years on this Earth.
[Reply]
jdubya 02:19 PM 06-17-2020
Maybe hospitalizations are increasing because they are going broke for lack of patients and procedures for the last 3 months. You might walk into a hospital today with a mild headache and they will want to run you through the works including a CT scan and getting you admitted for a few days. $$$$$$$$

:-)
[Reply]
Page 2350 of 3903
« First < 1350185022502300234023462347234823492350 235123522353235423602400245028503350 > Last »
Up