ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 65
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kelvin Benjamin is available [and has signed with the Chiefs, but not really, just a dumbass bump]
BandwagonChiefsFan 06:47 PM 12-05-2018
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...36043328028672
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 02:38 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Any reports that KB will play this Sunday?
He won’t play

Maybe against the Chargers
[Reply]
3rd&Long 02:42 PM 12-07-2018
I don't quite get all the animus toward Benjamin. He's a huge target with the attendant 'catching radius' to move the chains,especially on short yardage situations. I've read from many of you that he's a locker room cancer, an asshole. THAT is signficant but wasn't Randy Moss viewed similarly before signing with the Pats a few years back?

Look, Watkins is not certain on AVAILability and the other receivers are, in my opinion, just guys or average so why not put another big body out there? Huge upside, low downside (he can be cut if a problem), so I see this signing as a good thing.
[Reply]
3rd&Long 02:46 PM 12-07-2018
Let me clarify: I wasn't including Tyreek or Kelce in the 'average receivers' category.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 02:53 PM 12-07-2018
This guy had some of the worst QB's throwing to him. Now he gets to receive from the BEST! If this doesn't get KB motivated nothing will! PM 2 KB = TD! GO CHIEFS!
[Reply]
BWillie 02:56 PM 12-07-2018
I'm not sure we can count any stats he obtained over in Buffalo. They can't throw the ball - at all. They have a putrid offense. He was a 1,000 yard receiver in Carolina.
2014 and 2015 he was at 1000 yards and thru 8 games in 2017 he had 475 yards and was on pace for 1000 yards. It can't be fun to play in Buffalo. I imagine he'll have an attitude adjustment here in KC where he knows he won't be the man.

I'm still not high on him - but for a 3rd or 4th option. It's a pretty nice deal.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 03:04 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
And apparently Cam Newton called him Benji all the time. If some guy called me the name of a famous television dog, I might be inclined to take some shots at his ball placement if I were traded.

So, Benji + deceased mother + Buffalo = bad KB but Mahomes + KC = good KB.
Holding hands cheering touchdowns thrown from Pat to KB.
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:05 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan:
Jeez, this guy is so fat they had to use a wide angle lens to even get his jersey number in focus.

He makes Andy Reid look like a broom.

He so fat if he broke his leg like Alex did, gravy would pour out.

He so fat, Mahomes threw him the ball and he ate it.

He so fat, he is not just a huge end zone Target, he is as big as one.

He so fat...
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 03:05 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm not sure we can count any stats he obtained over in Buffalo. They can't throw the ball - at all. They have a putrid offense. He was a 1,000 yard receiver in Carolina.
2014 and 2015 he was at 1000 yards and thru 8 games in 2017 he had 475 yards and was on pace for 1000 yards. It can't be fun to play in Buffalo. I imagine he'll have an attitude adjustment here in KC where he knows he won't be the man.

I'm still not high on him - but for a 3rd or 4th option. It's a pretty nice deal.
This is pretty much how I feel.

Now the questions are how long does it take to learn the playbook (or as much or it as they’re going to give him) and can he beat out our other 3/4/5 receivers to see playing time...
[Reply]
Iconic 03:07 PM 12-07-2018
I'm not a fan of Benjamin. Never got the hype even when he was putting up numbers with Cam. Dude was basically fed the ball in that offense. That said I actually DO like this pickup. He's not an all-pro. He probably never will be. But he's a big target and that's something most our receivers are not.

With Kareem gone the passing game is the identity of this team. So why not add a vet minimum weapon for Fat Andy and Patty Mahomes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:14 PM 12-07-2018
This dude is going to ball the fuck out.

I can't wait for him to body a DB 40 yards down the field and then drag the safety another 15.

Defensive coordinators are going to be tearing their hair out when they realize they have to put a safety over the top of Hill, bracket Kelce underneath and meanwhile there's nothing they can do to stop KB from killing guys on one-on-one balls down the field.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:14 PM 12-07-2018
Did KB have to clear Waivers? Or was he free to sign with anyone after he was cut?
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:16 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Did KB have to clear Waivers? Or was he free to sign with anyone after he was cut?
He cleared waivers and then we signed him.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:16 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by 3rd&Long:
I don't quite get all the animus toward Benjamin. He's a huge target with the attendant 'catching radius' to move the chains,especially on short yardage situations. I've read from many of you that he's a locker room cancer, an asshole. THAT is signficant but wasn't Randy Moss viewed similarly before signing with the Pats a few years back?

Look, Watkins is not certain on AVAILability and the other receivers are, in my opinion, just guys or average so why not put another big body out there? Huge upside, low downside (he can be cut if a problem), so I see this signing as a good thing.
I get the animus. But I'm optimistic. I don't care if Benjamin sucks - worst case, we boot him. I am worried if he bitches about touches or has a bad relationship with his QB. I still think a lot of the Marcus Peters stuff was overblown, but it was no doubt a huge distraction. For an incredibly close team still dealing with losing Kareem Hunt, I just hope Benjamin doesn't do the same.

Why I'm optimistic... I think even an overweight Benjamin is MUCH needed right now. I think Mahomes uses him better than anyone. And I trust Andy Reid and our team leaders to make sure he's not a distraction (a hell of a lot more than I'd trust Cam or Josh Allen). But no doubt there's some risk.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:16 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
He cleared waivers. Had a really high cap number.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:17 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
He cleared waivers and then we signed him.
That makes me feel less good.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 65
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Up