ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 43
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing CB DeAndre Baker to practice squad
pugsnotdrugs19 05:51 PM 11-16-2020
I’ve seen this in a couple spots now, it’s early but here’s this from a NYP journalist... https://twitter.com/nypost_schwartz/...959128576?s=21

Originally Posted by :
Giants are not in on DeAndre Baker.
Teams interested: Chiefs, Bengals, 49ers and Jaguars.
This would obviously be a hell of a low risk/high reward move that makes so much sense for a team destined to pick in the 30s.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:09 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Isn't it a bit ridiculous that worrying about the DL is still an issue? Jones and Clark are making about about a quarter of our salary cap combined. Pennel, Saunders, Nnadi, and Wharton make up what should be a solid DT group behind Jones. Yet the DL is still part of a defense that's middle of the pack in pressures and apparently isn't great against the run either. Something doesn't add up.
Pennel missed 4 games. Saunders missed games. Wharton is a UDFA rookie. Okafor? Hurt. Charlton? Hurt. Danna? Hurt.

It's pretty freaking easy to understand.
[Reply]
Cosmos 11:10 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Uh the Chiefs signed Johnny Townsend to the PS, so we need the punting brothers both on the roster?
Saw that too...

Maybe a lingering injury...

Maybe Tommy being groomed for back up QB...

:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:11 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Luckily it seems to be Veach’s philosophy that you build a deep DL above all else on defense.

DT looks pretty solid right now but I’d still try to bring Pennel back another year. DE is where it’s hairy. We need 3-4 additions to the 2021 roster there.
Andy has always been a big believer in investing on the DL, going back to his early days in Philly.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:17 AM 11-18-2020
The DL issue is simple, you're losing most of your DL depth after this year. Kpass and Okafor are goners Charlton may be back and if he is, it's in the same role he has now. But as of today your DE's for next year are Frank Clark and Mike Danna...

Mike Pennel is on the wrong side of 30 and Derrick Nnadi is quickly barreling to pricing himself out of the Chiefs market in 2 years.

This is how you end up needing some DL.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:18 AM 11-18-2020
The DL issue is simple, you're losing most of your DL depth after this year. Kpass and Okafor are goners Charlton may be back and if he is, it's in the same role he has now. But as of today your DE's for next year are Frank Clark and Mike Danna...

Mike Pennel is on the wrong side of 30 and Derrick Nnadi is quickly barreling to pricing himself out of the Chiefs market in 2 years.

This is how you end up needing some DL.
Charlton in the same role as he is now? On IR? :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:19 AM 11-18-2020
It kinda sounds like Taco could come back around the playoffs. I know he likely wouldn’t contribute much, but that’d be awesome to have him back.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:21 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
It kinda sounds like Taco could come back around the playoffs. I know he likely wouldn’t contribute much, but that’d be awesome to have him back.
Yeah, sunk cost for this year. Not sure I'd bring him back, though.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:23 AM 11-18-2020
I still kinda wish we’d pull Suggs out soon, just like last year.

Nothing says “Run it back” like repeating those steps as much as possible... I think if he’s fresh and in shape, maybe he gives you 10-15 quality snaps a game and more importantly is a great leader.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:29 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, sunk cost for this year. Not sure I'd bring him back, though.
Like it or not he's basically been the 3rd best DE on the roster this year. And Kpass lacks explosion which is why he has a lack of sacks.
[Reply]
O.city 11:37 AM 11-18-2020
There’s always athletic de type guys in the draft

Keep grabbing one every year
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:41 AM 11-18-2020
Like it or not he's basically been the 3rd best DE on the roster this year. And Kpass lacks explosion which is why he has a lack of sacks.
He also averages about a third of a season in the tub since his rookie year.

It really doesn't matter how talented he is because he can't stay on the field.

4 years (64 games) in his career and he's managed to play in just 44, including all 16 his rookie season.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:45 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He also averages about a third of a season in the tub since his rookie year.

It really doesn't matter how talented he is because he can't stay on the field.

4 years (64 games) in his career and he's managed to play in just 44, including all 16 his rookie season.
Not remotely saying he's great, saying that because he'll probably be cheap there's a good chance they'll bring him back cause like I said DE depth is an issue after the season.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:48 AM 11-18-2020
In what looks to be a very good EDGE class, the Chiefs are almost guaranteed to take a DE somewhere in the first 2 days.

I’d be ok with re-signing Taco to go with Clark, Danna, rookie, and Ward.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:49 AM 11-18-2020
Not remotely saying he's great, saying that because he'll probably be cheap there's a good chance they'll bring him back cause like I said DE depth is an issue after the season.
And I'm saying I wouldn't bring him back at any price. Spend that money on somebody that can actually be on the field.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:56 AM 11-18-2020
:-) New York Giants sure seem like a stable organization.

SCOOP: I'm told NY Giants coaches Joe Judge and Marc Colombo got into a fistfight this morning.

Punches thrown. I'm told Colombo got the better of him, and Judge fired him instantly. https://t.co/O2DmYNnkmW

— Jason McIntyre (@jasonrmcintyre) November 18, 2020

[Reply]
Page 29 of 43
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Up