ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 43
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing CB DeAndre Baker to practice squad
pugsnotdrugs19 05:51 PM 11-16-2020
I’ve seen this in a couple spots now, it’s early but here’s this from a NYP journalist... https://twitter.com/nypost_schwartz/...959128576?s=21

Originally Posted by :
Giants are not in on DeAndre Baker.
Teams interested: Chiefs, Bengals, 49ers and Jaguars.
This would obviously be a hell of a low risk/high reward move that makes so much sense for a team destined to pick in the 30s.
[Reply]
ModSocks 08:48 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Taco and Erving
Ogbah was a 2nd but he belongs on this list too.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:50 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I wonder if they will trade Ward this offseason if Baker works out...going into last year of team control. High PFF grades. Ideal size. Reliable player. Young. Tons of experience in big games.

Is it crazy to think we would possibly get a late first/early second if he finishes the year strong and we win another title.
Lol no.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:50 PM 11-17-2020
I’m also curious on the length of this deal.

I really hope this is more than a 1 year deal because it would really open up our draft if we could have Ward, Baker, Sneed, Fenton, and Keyes all under contract for 2021.

With all of the picks we’re expected to have, Veach could really do some damage at LB, WR, IOL, and DE if we don’t have to go corner early.
Yeah I'd love a stud linebacker or another potential elite pass rusher on the outside of Clark.

JuSt WaIt TiL MaHoMeS gEtS pAiD the haters said our run would be done.

It's just started.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:50 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If the projected cap is correct we're 10 mill over already...there are going to be some tough cuts.
we will extend landlord and save about that much. A couple other extensions will make plenty more room.

Originally Posted by Wilson8:
See NFL.com story above.

Chiefs plan on moving him up when he is ready.

Chiefs can protect him to keep another teams from poaching him.

Also if another team should attempt to sign him from the Chiefs PS, the Chiefs always have the right to move him to their 53 man active squad first.
Wouldn’t a team wanting to sign him to their 53 have to negotiate and agree to contract terms for him to sign?

I’m unfamiliar with how the details of that process look.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 08:53 PM 11-17-2020
If we treat Baker as our first round pick in 2019, then we basically traded a 2nd round pick for Frank Clark. Veach wins again!!
[Reply]
RunKC 08:53 PM 11-17-2020
I wonder if they will trade Ward this offseason if Baker works out...going into last year of team control. High PFF grades. Ideal size. Reliable player. Young. Tons of experience in big games.

Is it crazy to think we would possibly get a late first/early second if he finishes the year strong and we win another title.
Nobody is trading a 1st or 2nd for Ward man come on :-)

Just keep the guy for cheap for another year and roll into 2021 with Fenton, Snead, Ward, Baker, Bopete and one more developmental guy from the mid rds
[Reply]
staylor26 08:54 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yeah I'd love a stud linebacker or another potential elite pass rusher on the outside of Clark.

JuSt WaIt TiL MaHoMeS gEtS pAiD the haters said our run would be done.

It's just started.
This is what we’re likely going to have in terms of draft picks for 2021:

If Veach nails this draft, the NFL is fucked.

Also, since you mentioned LB specifically, Dylan Moses is a guy that has fallen into our range due to a slow start coming back from an ACL injury and the emergence of other players at the position.

I’d be ecstatic with that pick in the 1st.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:56 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Lol no.
I mean, Slay is a better player...but he’s coming up on 30 years old and went for a third and fifth.

What other comps are there?

This is going to be a different draft than we’re used to, I think. With all the covid stuff, I kinda expect there to be more trades than normal because scouting departments will have less info on this incoming class.

What do you think he could bring in a trade?
[Reply]
Stryker 08:57 PM 11-17-2020
I think Spags is giddy! Nice pickup :-)
[Reply]
Stryker 08:58 PM 11-17-2020
Looks like an upside can be had...

[Reply]
BossChief 08:58 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Nobody is trading a 1st or 2nd for Ward man come on :-)

Just keep the guy for cheap for another year and roll into 2021 with Fenton, Snead, Ward, Baker, Bopete and one more developmental guy from the mid rds
Maybe I overvalue him, but the nfl seems to value PFF grades and Ward was one of the best CBS on there last year and has a god rating on there this year even with a broken hand.

What you think? A third?
[Reply]
BossChief 08:59 PM 11-17-2020
This is what we’re likely going to have in terms of draft picks for 2021:

If Veach nails this draft, the NFL is fucked.

Also, since you mentioned LB specifically, Dylan Moses is a guy that has fallen into our range due to a slow start coming back from an ACL injury and the emergence of other players at the position.

I’d be ecstatic with that pick in the 1st.
This league is so fucked.

This whole team is like a cheat code is enabled.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:02 PM 11-17-2020
Damn it feels good to be a SB champion.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:04 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Looks like an upside can be had...

Maybe it's the 27 that's throwing me but he moves a lot like Fenton?
[Reply]
Stryker 09:05 PM 11-17-2020
This league is so fucked.

This whole team is like a cheat code is enabled.
That is great! BUT, where will those picks actually fall? We will definitely be in the 28+ range. Still though a nice haul. Not sure what the draft class is stacked in based off this lopsided season due to COVID19 and games played/moved around - shortened.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 43
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up