ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tomorrow, I am probably going to have to put my dog down.
Chris Meck 08:51 PM 09-18-2019
she was my late wife's first anniversary/birthday present.

She's 15. She had a stroke Saturday morning.

She's swam in the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific, and the Gulf of Mexico.

She made friends with a giraffe.

She probably ate at every roadside diner on every interstate in America.

She won't eat. I think she's telling me it's time.

PTSD much? I do.

[Reply]
TEX 09:18 PM 09-18-2019
One of the hardest things to do. If it goes that way, hope you handle it well.
[Reply]
EPodolak 09:26 PM 09-18-2019
Tough thing to go through, best to you man.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 09:27 PM 09-18-2019
Sorry to hear that.
[Reply]
rtmike 09:32 PM 09-18-2019
Randallflagg, I feel your pain man.
We have 2 Golden’s. We got the second one cause my wife is worried about me when my boy passes. He’s about 10.5.
He had a tumor on his leg bust open and get infected. The one night he was crying I couldn’t take it. I ended up laying on the concrete garage floor with him all night crying right beside him.
Next morning I was a complete disaster. I just knew it was time and begrudgingly woke my daughter to ask for help.
We took him to the emergency vet and my daughter had to check him in cause I was comatose, smh.
It ended up being just that, bad infection. The other G and him play all the time and sometimes she gets aggressive wanting him to keep playing so she starts biting on him, smh.

I’m sorry Chris. This is by far the worst part of having a dog as your best friend.
My Dad had his last 2 dogs ashes mixed with his. Then he asked they be spread on his garden.
Sister and I took some and dumped them in a beautiful cove off Oregon coast while out fishing. I have the longitude, latitude, was gonna have it tattooed.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:34 PM 09-18-2019
....what a bummer.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:34 PM 09-18-2019
Sorry to hear buddy, can tell you gave her a great life. If you have to do it, know that you'll see her again. She already knows, and she'll be waiting for you.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:36 PM 09-18-2019
That sucks, and it's never easy, but it's time.

Do what you've got to do, grieve for a while, then do it all over again.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:39 PM 09-18-2019
So sorry for what you are going through. If you ever need to talk, send me a message and I will be happy to talk with you. About anything that is bothering you, nobody should have to hold all that inside and deal with it alone.
[Reply]
rtmike 09:47 PM 09-18-2019
Something I read. The Vet says one of the worst things they have to do is put animals down when it’s owner bails..,..or can’t handle it.
He says here this dog is looking at him like wtf? It can hear its owners outside the door crying and wonders what’s happening.
That’s gotta suck.

We put our little runt Bengal cat, ‘cuda, down 1st of the year. She was 14.
That whole experience is etched in my head. Another of my disabilities is memory loss from 2 strokes and coma but I’ll NEVER forget that.
We’re an animal loving family. One of my few qualities my wife adores in me, lol.

Pix are:
They went on a trip to the coast about a month back.
They got home and were out, lol.
The girl on right is what they call a “Red”. Her Dad looked just like an Irish Setter, lol.

EDIT: Chris I apologize for posting all this. If there’s one thing that stokes my fire or grabs my attention, it’s someone talking about putting their furry friend down. I’m scared to death for that day.
Attached: 4DB4AF97-FFF5-439B-8947-73B5A700DE88.jpg (44.2 KB) E5DA0009-43F7-4675-9A07-E74457663970.jpg (47.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:53 PM 09-18-2019
Sorry to hear it, Chris. Be well.
[Reply]
JakeF 09:55 PM 09-18-2019
:-)

That is really harsh. Sorry
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:03 PM 09-18-2019
I'm so, so sorry, Chris. My British lab is my baby, and is my whole world, and I can't imagine...

Hit me up if you need anything.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:07 PM 09-18-2019
Dogs are great man.

My cattle dog is slowing down pretty bad. It’s a ways out but coming. He goes to work with me every day. He’s my buddy. It’s remarkable how much better a dog can make your day better. I can have a shit terrible day and he doesn’t care. He’s still happy to see me.

I feel you man.

All the best.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:10 AM 09-19-2019
Aww, man. I’m so sorry. Only thing you can really do is be thankful that she led such a full and rich life and that you got so many amazing memories with her.

Sending you all sorts of good vibes, sir. Holding a spot for you at dinner on Saturday if your plans change.
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:40 AM 09-19-2019
Sorry to read as I went through this about 8 weeks ago.
Cancer comes on quick. =(

After about 4 days in the house without my dogs presence, I couldn't take it anymore and I went and got a new one. So far it's been a blessing and has brought me so much joy.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up