ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tomorrow, I am probably going to have to put my dog down.
Chris Meck 08:51 PM 09-18-2019
she was my late wife's first anniversary/birthday present.

She's 15. She had a stroke Saturday morning.

She's swam in the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific, and the Gulf of Mexico.

She made friends with a giraffe.

She probably ate at every roadside diner on every interstate in America.

She won't eat. I think she's telling me it's time.

PTSD much? I do.

[Reply]
eDave 08:52 PM 09-18-2019
<3
[Reply]
New World Order 08:53 PM 09-18-2019
My Airedale wouldn't eat either; she had oral cancer and I held on for as long as possible.

It's tough but it's probably the best thing for her.

Prayers man.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:54 PM 09-18-2019
Went through this exact thing about a month ago.

My girl wouldn’t eat either. Kidney failure.

Tried about everything we could find to make it work, but after about a week of different things, she started crying for help, literally. That’s when we really knew.

Probably one of the harder decisions you can ever make but do your best to do what’s right for her. Whatever that might be.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:55 PM 09-18-2019
Sorry man. That’s tough.
[Reply]
J Diddy 08:55 PM 09-18-2019
Man that sucks. I’m sorry. I still devolve into putty over my girl 2 months ago. They are a member of your family that leave a noticeable hole once they’re gone
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:56 PM 09-18-2019
That sucks. I've had to do it four times; seven if you count cats. Never an easy thing.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 08:59 PM 09-18-2019
So sorry bro, my 16 year old boy is almost there too. I am dreading the day!

The thing I like most about people, is their dogs!
[Reply]
siberian khatru 09:00 PM 09-18-2019
Been there, done that. Still haunts me. You have my sympathies.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:01 PM 09-18-2019
Man, that sucks. It's never easy making that call.
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:01 PM 09-18-2019
Sorry to hear. She seems to have led an awesome life. She’s thankful for everything you’ve done for her.
[Reply]
wisconsinchief 09:02 PM 09-18-2019
Oh, man, I am so sorry. That is so hard to do.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:05 PM 09-18-2019
My Wife and I love Dachshunds. Our young girl (back in 2004) had her first and only litter. The problem was that she mated with a medium size male and she was a mini-dachshund.

The night she gave birth, we sat up all night (along with out vet) to help her out. Elsa was born starved with oxygen both in one of her front paws and the ear flap; but she was saved and flourished like a champ for the next 12-13 years she was our "miracle pup"

We had to put her down about a month and a half ago and the same vet that brought her into the world, took her out.

I am a Vietnam combat veteran and to this day, it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I would rather have shot myself. I feel for you Brother. They become family and just as hard to part with. Thoughts and prayers go with you.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 09:07 PM 09-18-2019
Maffie my maltese (just turned a year old) will wake me up by jumping up to the bed with a toy bone I throw in her mouth, drop the toy bone right on my head, yep....get up time to play.....ha~

I had to put down my first dog, she simply got old and was in obvious pain just getting up and down, hated to watch this. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do and it took a long tim.....getting misty typing this.

Sorry about your dog.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:11 PM 09-18-2019
It's the worst part of being a good pet owner...take solace knowing your wife will be waiting for her.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up