ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 66
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyreek Hill injury updates.
Hammock Parties 12:52 PM 09-08-2019
Someone just told me Tyreek Hill could be out 6-8 weeks.

This is the same source that told me he would receive 0 games 20 minutes before the national media broke it.

Take it for what it's worth.

EDIT: IT WAS WORTH NOTHING

Here is an explanation from the #Chiefs on WR Tyreek Hill, who was taken to a local hospital. pic.twitter.com/gxcl2nqFu0

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 8, 2019

Per source, no surgery for Tyreek Hill but he will miss a couple of weeks.

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) September 8, 2019

Confirmed, per source, Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill had a posterior SC (sternoclavicular) dislocation which was successfully reduced in the hospital. No surgery required. He will stay overnight.

— Stephania Bell (@Stephania_ESPN) September 8, 2019

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:47 PM 09-08-2019
Tyreek update:

He had an injury and landed on shoulder.

Where collarbone comes into sternum. When it goes through the back it is a medical issue that can cause more problems. He doesn't have any medical issues but went over as a precaution. A trauma physician is looking at him with a Chiefs doctor. They are working to fix the extent of the dislocation. It was potentially a bad medical emergency that can be serious but looks to be not as bad based on how it looks now but they will have to wait a bit. Next update in a day or two.

Edit: Transcribed as he was saying it and amended some errors after fixing it.
[Reply]
SupDock 02:48 PM 09-08-2019
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Post game on red zone said it was a dislocation between the clavical and sternum?
Wow. Lots of blood vessels there. And if they attempt to reduce it without surgery they need cardiothoracic surgery backup because of the vessels

Assuming this is true. Pure speculation based on a posterior dislocation

Based on the above it wasn't a posterior dislocation,

"When it goes through the back it's a medical issue . . . He doesn't have a medical issue"
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:48 PM 09-08-2019
Does anyone have a gif of the cheap shot? I assume Hill was injured on the original tackle, not the cheap shot?
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:48 PM 09-08-2019
Rick Burkholder is talking now...under care of ortho trauma doctor. this doesn't sound good
[Reply]
RunKC 02:48 PM 09-08-2019
Bj says shoulder injury. Others say clavicle. Sounds like nobody knows shit
[Reply]
DaFace 02:49 PM 09-08-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
That doesn't sound good
On the contrary, it sounds like it might be relatively minor. He could still be out for a while, but hopefully we're talking about a hairline fracture rather than a major break.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:49 PM 09-08-2019

Tyreek Hill suffered a shoulder injury during the game that required him to go to a local hospital to get it treated by their trauma department. No timetable or any other information was given.

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) September 8, 2019

[Reply]
DaFace 02:49 PM 09-08-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Does anyone have a gif of the cheap shot? I assume Hill was injured on the original tackle, not the cheap shot?
Yeah, the cheap shot was more to his head, and it really wasn't THAT bad.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 02:49 PM 09-08-2019
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Tyreek update:

He had an injury and landed on shoulder.

Where collarbone comes into sternum. When it goes through the back it is a medical issue that can cause more problems. He doesn't have any medical issues as a precaution. A trauma physician is looking at him with a Chiefs doctor. They are working to fix the extent of the dislocation. It was potentially a bad medical emergency but looks to be not as bad. Next update in a day or two.
Yeah, I am not sure what all that meant, but I get the impression that it was precautionary to make sure it did not turn into something worse....so maybe he will just need a week or two to make sure everything is right?

Or did I completely not understand what they said?
[Reply]
KC Hawks 02:49 PM 09-08-2019
SOMEONE TELL ME HE GOOD
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:51 PM 09-08-2019
Sounds like Mahomes is okay.

Sounds like Tyreek could have had a dangerous situation based on where the dislocation took place but doesn't appear to be any threatening things happening but they are testing and making sure.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 02:52 PM 09-08-2019
Sounds like they were worried about it piercing an artery or something like that. Scary stuff.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:52 PM 09-08-2019
Yeah hard to tell here.

But it seems more positive than i originally thought
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:53 PM 09-08-2019
I think this is the subject but please don't flame me if it's wrong:

https://www.drdavidgeier.com/sternoc...-dislocations/

A posterior dislocation, on the other hand, needs urgent reduction. Whether this reduction is done in the emergency room or the operating room is controversial. The clavicle needs to be reduced back into place with the sternum to prevent the clavicle from causing injury to the blood vessels and airway nearby. Occasionally surgery to open the joint and manually put the clavicle back into place is needed.

Again, if I misheard what the problem is sorry in advance.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:53 PM 09-08-2019
Yeah hard to tell here.

But it seems more positive than i originally thought
[Reply]
Page 7 of 66
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Up