ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Media Center>Ad Astra *** Trailer***
srvy 07:29 PM 06-05-2019
Brad Pitt, Tommy Lee Jones, Donald Sutherland and directed by James Gray. Good cast hope its not a money grab and actors go through the motions.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/06/ad...ay-1202147126/

[Reply]
Frazod 08:40 PM 06-05-2019
Not directed by Christopher Nolan. In that case, I might go see it.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:43 PM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Not directed by Christopher Nolan. In that case, I might go see it.
Fucking reported
[Reply]
Frazod 08:50 PM 06-05-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Fucking reported
Sorry, but I'm sick to death of that fucker trying to out clever himself in everything he does. I hated Interstellar, but still I went to see Dunkirk, thinking that it was just a historical war story and he wouldn't play games with it. Of course he had to turn it into a jumbled, out-of-sequence mess.

If he made a movie about a football game, it would start in the second quarter, then move to the fourth quarter, then back to the first quarter, then end in the third quarter. Maybe he'd drop a bit from halftime after the credits ran. Just to be cutting edge or some such shit.

Fuck him. The last movie he did that I liked was Inception, which was still annoying. The last movie he did that I truly enjoyed was Batman Begins.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:39 PM 06-05-2019
I loved Dunkirk. Thought it was awesome.
[Reply]
sully1983 01:02 AM 06-06-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Brad Pitt, Tommy Lee Jones, Donald Sutherland and directed by James Gray. Good cast hope its not a money grab and actors go through the motions.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/06/ad...ay-1202147126/

James Gray doesn't do "money grabs" . He is a true auteur and I pretty much dig all his films and this one looks good too.

I also noticed that Disney dropped the trailer in the middle of the night as well lol (fucking a$$holes:-)). Now that they bought 20th Century Fox, they've been jerking around James Gray and this film for quite some time now (it was supposed to be released in the summer time) .
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:01 AM 06-06-2019
September is probably a better release window for a film like this. Less competition, closer to award season. This doesn't really read like a blockbuster or a popcorn flick.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:26 AM 06-06-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I loved Dunkirk. Thought it was awesome.
It would have been awesome had Nolan not thrown it in a blender and then splattered it across the screen.
[Reply]
sully1983 08:35 AM 06-06-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
September is probably a better release window for a film like this. Less competition, closer to award season. This doesn't really read like a blockbuster or a popcorn flick.
Yeah I think you're right.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:15 AM 06-07-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Sorry, but I'm sick to death of that ****er trying to out clever himself in everything he does. I hated Interstellar, but still I went to see Dunkirk, thinking that it was just a historical war story and he wouldn't play games with it. Of course he had to turn it into a jumbled, out-of-sequence mess.

If he made a movie about a football game, it would start in the second quarter, then move to the fourth quarter, then back to the first quarter, then end in the third quarter. Maybe he'd drop a bit from halftime after the credits ran. Just to be cutting edge or some such shit.

**** him. The last movie he did that I liked was Inception, which was still annoying. The last movie he did that I truly enjoyed was Batman Begins.
I loved Interstellar. Dunkirk was decent but not nearly as good as the hype. Loved Inception and the Batman flicks.

Like you, my wife didn't care for Interstellar, probably for the same or similar reasons. To each his own, I guess. I'm a pretty big fan of Nolan.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:19 AM 06-07-2019
That's a good cast. Movie looks good. I'll definitely be checking out this flick.
[Reply]
srvy 02:34 PM 07-18-2019
Trailer 2

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:13 PM 07-18-2019
Well that looks kinda awesome.

I mean, I still kinda feel like Brad Pitt, for everything he does well, is maaaaaybe a little stretched trying to play the lead in a dramatic movie like this. He's fantastic in an ensemble and great when he can play Brad Pitt: Charming Rogue. But this just seems a bit out of his wheelhouse.

I loved him in Fury but anytime he's tried to just the serious dramatic roles I've just been kinda...meh. Can he be a heavy character?

I guess it depends on what this movie is going to be. If it's something of a tense sci-fi movie, he can probably do that. If it's gonna be an introspective case study on the human condition using space as a plot device....eh.

He can play Tom Bishop: Astronaut and reprise his approach in Spy Game (friggen love that movie) but I think 7 Years in Tibet may be something similar to what they're going for here and if so...well that movie kinda sucked, IMO. Shoulda had Leo do it...
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:05 PM 07-18-2019
I'm working on this trailer. Be advised this is a total arthouse movie. Think less "Gravity" and more "Solaris"
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:19 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I'm working on this trailer. Be advised this is a total arthouse movie. Think less "Gravity" and more "Solaris"
Kinda the vibe I got as well. Which made me think Pitt can't carry it.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up