ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Media Center>New Tool
Third Eye 03:56 PM 05-10-2019
I know there's a pretty large contingent of Tool fans here so I figured I'd share in case people were still in the dark. After a longer wait than the Winds of Winter, the new album will drop 8/30. They've been playing a couple new songs live, Invincible and Descending. Bootlegs are below. The sound quality is pretty decent for audience recordings, but you do have to deal with a considerable amount of stupid people chatter in Descending.

[Reply]
eDave 09:30 AM 09-06-2019
‘Who the f*ck is Tool?’ Fans freak over ‘unknown’ band dethroning Taylor Swift

https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/to...r-swift-stans/
[Reply]
Lzen 09:46 AM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
‘Who the fuck is Tool?’ Fans freak over ‘unknown’ band dethroning Taylor Swift

https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/to...r-swift-stans/
Lol, I take it that's one of those padody sites? :-)
[Reply]
Third Eye 11:56 AM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Lol, I take it that's one of those padody sites? :-)
Not a parody unfortunately.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:13 PM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Not a parody unfortunately.
:-) Seriously? This is real reaction? :-)
[Reply]
Third Eye 01:44 PM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
:-) Seriously? This is real reaction? :-)
In fairness, it’s largely 13 year old girls. There are legions of them though. I was blissfully unaware until this week, but apparently there are communities of Twitter accounts who base their entire existence on pop celebrities and then obsessively post about them. I mean obsessive to the point of being unhealthy. I fell down a rabbit hole this week that has left me forever changed.
[Reply]
Miles 10:35 PM 09-06-2019
I seemed to have forgotten just how big they were when checking tour dates and it’s all large arenas.
[Reply]
Miles 10:38 PM 09-06-2019
The Taylor Swift stuff is hilarious.
[Reply]
kcxiv 02:05 AM 09-07-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
In fairness, it’s largely 13 year old girls. There are legions of them though. I was blissfully unaware until this week, but apparently there are communities of Twitter accounts who base their entire existence on pop celebrities and then obsessively post about them. I mean obsessive to the point of being unhealthy. I fell down a rabbit hole this week that has left me forever changed.
wanna go down a bigger rabbit hole Look at K-POP fans, that shit is even worse.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 06:24 AM 09-07-2019
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
wanna go down a bigger rabbit hole Look at K-POP fans, that shit is even worse.
You aren't wrong.
[Reply]
kcxiv 09-08-2019, 01:38 PM
This message has been deleted by kcxiv.
MTG#10 05:20 PM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
I really like every song on the album except Descending. For whatever reason I cant get into it until the last few minutes...it seems very scattered. I'm sure that'll change after a few more listens.
Took about 50 listens but damn this song is ****ing epic.

For me:

7empest
Fear Inoculum
Pneuma
Invincible
Descending
Culling Voices (still a very good song).

This album is ****ing great, I almost feel bad for anyone who won't give it a chance.
[Reply]
eDave 06:20 PM 11-07-2019
:-) Tools.

If you get kicked out of a Tool show for shooting video on your cellphone, well, that's on you. The band is giving fans / psychedelic warriors ample heads up that this behavior is not permissible and will lead to an ejection with no chance of re-entry.

Maynard James Keenan has been outspoken in the past about his disdain for fans not living in the moment and soaking in the show. In his view, the use of a phone, and shooting keepsake videos in particular, only serves to "demystify" the experience.

https://loudwire.com/tool-warn-eject...cellphone-use/
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:24 PM 11-07-2019

If you get kicked out of a Tool show for shooting video on your cellphone, well, that's on you. The band is giving fans / psychedelic warriors ample heads up that this behavior is not permissible and will lead to an ejection with no chance of re-entry.

Maynard James Keenan has been outspoken in the past about his disdain for fans not living in the moment and soaking in the show. In his view, the use of a phone, and shooting keepsake videos in particular, only serves to "demystify" the experience.

Maynard can be so fucking pretentious sometimes.

And am i alone in thinking this latest album wasn't that great. Such a long wait with so many delays and it's just kinda w/e.
[Reply]
Fish 06:41 PM 11-07-2019

It would be nice if music stars weren't such bitches about little things like that. Throwing people out because they're not enjoying the show as you would prefer is pretty petty. They're paying hundreds of dollars for the experience, some people might want a pic to remember it. I mean, if they were using a camera flash or disrupting somehow that would be one thing. But come on....

And lots of bands do that shit..
[Reply]
Mennonite 06:48 PM 11-07-2019
The new single is kinda boring.
[Reply]
hometeam 11:12 PM 11-07-2019
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
The new single is kinda boring.
Whole album has been out.

I have been listening to it a lot. Descending is turning into my favorite at this point
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up