« First < 34567 8 >
Media Center>Nintendo Announces Switch Console
BigBeauford 01:44 PM 10-20-2016
I don't need it.

I don't need it.

I don't need it.

[Reply]
Jerm 01:47 PM 03-03-2017
BTW...my Switch friend code is SW-2380-6747-0126.

Feel free to add me!
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 07:32 PM 03-03-2017
Now I'm glad I kept the Wii U. Love me some Zelda.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 01:35 AM 03-04-2017
Originally Posted by Jerm:
This is why I'll take all the grief that comes with being a Nintendo fanboy and I'll deal with their sometimes antiquated, ass backwards thinking (even though it royally pisses me off) because when they deliver...they fucking deliver big time, like no one else can. The thought of getting not only 1 masterpiece like BotW but possibly 2 if Mario Odyssey is in the same class is astounding to me. And let's be honest....who doesn't expect Mario to be anything short of amazing?
I can't honestly fathom the new Mario not being at least equal to the new Zelda.

It's just in their DNA to incorporate new wrinkles and deliver on familiar titles that push a unique and fresh game that doesn't rely on visual eye candy, in terms of pushing the graphics technology, but is supremely confident in gameplay and storyline content on delivering a highly rewarding experience.

Other than the Metal Gear series, Nintendo releases titles on a whole other level consistently and in spite of their stubborn resistance to chase matching other consoles in hardware capabilities.

I still think they mistepped in making the Switch underpowered strictly for the sake of limitations 3-5 years down the road, and the loss of sales and revenue due to 3rd party titles the other 2 will both make available.

That's A LOT of pressure to have to be putting out must play games solo without the same outside studio support to keep them relevant.

???

I hope they prove everyone wrong. People quickly forgot how the XB, XB1, and PS2-4 were very limited at release, and that it took at least a year to even really see them mature into gaming consoles. The Switch on day 1 already has a title available to play that none of those others did for at least a year (give or take) after they came out.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:00 AM 03-04-2017
I wish Nintendo would just become a software developer/publisher.
[Reply]
Jerm 06:16 PM 03-05-2017
Playing Zelda and man it's been a long time since I've played a game that gave me that feeling of "just go see what's over there" type of feeling...the organic nature of discovering things and the following encounters are blowing me away.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:21 PM 03-05-2017
I'll wait until Splatoon 2, Fifa, Mario Kart Deluxe and virtual console releases.

But I'm already sold on the console. It looks fantastic.

For those that have it, do you find yourself playing handheld more or the console docked?
[Reply]
kcpasco 07:13 PM 03-05-2017
Maybe I'm being picky but anti-aliasing would be nice. Nintendo should release their games to PC. Graphics are underwhelming for me.
[Reply]
Jerm 07:59 PM 03-05-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I'll wait until Splatoon 2, Fifa, Mario Kart Deluxe and virtual console releases.

For those that have it, do you find yourself playing handheld more or the console docked?
Strictly handheld for me so far...it was always going to be a handheld first for me so I'm good, I'll play on the TV at some point though.

BotW is amazing in handheld mode....
[Reply]
Swanman 08:40 AM 03-06-2017

If I am at home in control of tv, it gets docked and I play on the tv. I brought it to work with me today and played it on the train in handheld form and it worked great. Screen is big enough that it's not a strain and it's great that you get the same exact console experience on a handheld.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:27 AM 03-06-2017
The console itself is what the Wii U should've been. When its docked on the entertainment center, Zelda looks amazing on my 65" Samsung KS8000. The controller grip that came with the console is small, but comfortable in my hands. Everything is tiny with this console to where the biggest thing is the screen on the handheld itself. When the system is docked and playing on my television I notice it gets hotter than when playing it in handheld mode. In handheld mode its lightweight, and the screen is bright and the controls feel comfortable. If Nintendo knows one thing, its handheld comfort and performance. I think the amazing thing is playing a full fledged, open world zelda game that fits onto a tiny cartridge that you can play anywhere without any problems really what so ever.

The joycons are tiny, I wouldn't play zelda Wii style with one in each hand, the grip feels much more natural to me. I haven't tried the pro controller but I've grown accustomed without it so I'm fine for now. I don't have the charging grip, but I just leave the system in sleep mode while I'm asleep or playing the computer and it charges the joycons just fine. Not to mention the joycons are said to have 20 hours of battery life. You don't need to worry about the joycons, more so the battery on the tablet/system itself. The joycons have not de-synced during gameplay for me, but when I wake the system from time to time, twice now, I've had to hit the left and right triggers (which it tells you to do on screen) to re-sync them. Minor annoyance, but fixed in a second, if it did it during gameplay then we'd have a problem.

Zelda is amazing. You'll get a good laugh going to metacritic and reading the nonsense those trolls vomit out about this game, but they're wrong, plain and simple. If you're a cynical prick, then I could see you dicing up this game to find the smallest of transgressions and using them as a reason to give this game a subpar score, but if you take the time to engross yourself into the world, and just go exploring, you'll see how beautiful the game truly is. I'll give you two hints; you're going to die a good amount of times when you walk into areas with harder enemies, but the game is pretty forgiving about when it saves so you're never too far away from where you died. Also stay away from the center of the map, that's Hyrule castle, and it's swarming with Guardians who obliterate you if you don't dodge at the right time.

I've barely touched the story but I've got 9 hearts, hylian armor, and a bag full of lvl 30+ weapons after about 10 or so hours of just straight exploration. The greatest thing about this game so far for me is if you see two mountains in the distance, and you want to see what the world looks like from up there, then find a way around and start climbing, you'll get there eventually and be happy you did. In fact, I've climbed some of the tallest mountains in the game and seen a massive dragon flying in the distance next to the Hylian bridge. I don't know what that dragon is doing, but I aim to go find out next time I spot him. That's the beauty is the world full of intrigue and exploration. At the highest cliffs, you can see almost across the entire world, the draw distances are amazing. Also the shrines and towers you see in the distance are bright orange so you can see where you should go next to unlock more health, and more quick travel points. I can't wait to get home and play more of this game.

Oh and playing Zelda while dropping a deuce, is a lovely experience, I highly recommend it. Much more rewarding than a phone. :-)
[Reply]
Jerm 01:18 PM 03-06-2017
After playing BotW I totally want a 3D Mario open world RPG set in the Mushroom Kingdom....hoping Odyssey will be that or close to it.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:13 PM 03-06-2017
Is the gamepad comfortable? The right thumbstick looks like it may be a little awkward.
[Reply]
Jerm 03:15 PM 03-06-2017
Is the gamepad comfortable? The right thumbstick looks like it may be a little awkward.
It is for me, nothing feels out of the ordinary and the screen is awesome!! Completely comfortable playing BotW...
[Reply]
hometeam 08:02 PM 03-06-2017
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Maybe I'm being picky but anti-aliasing would be nice. Nintendo should release their games to PC. Graphics are underwhelming for me.
Good news,

They already have BoTW booting and 'playable' on CEMU (major game breaking bugs still)

they say 2-4 months for a full on ready game, community is hoping for HD reworks (see 4k textures/full AA) etc by christmas.

Ill be just fine with a playable game~
[Reply]
kcxiv 01:26 PM 03-07-2017
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
graphics mean shit if the game isnt fun. Fun>Graphics anyday. That being Said Zelda looks fucking amazing and im off to play some more. Im not even doign the storyline, just fucking exploring. The world is so massive.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up