ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 221 of 221
« First < 121171211217218219220221
Nzoner's Game Room>Science is Cool....
Fish 09:43 PM 05-21-2012
This is a repository for all cool scientific discussion and fascination. Scientific facts, theories, and overall cool scientific stuff that you'd like to share with others. Stuff that makes you smile and wonder at the amazing shit going on around us, that most people don't notice.

Post pictures, vidoes, stories, or links. Ask questions. Share science.

Why should I care?:

[Reply]
Otter 05:21 PM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by Fish:
They will need their own drones, to monitor for rogue energy-stealing drones. And so starts the drone wars...

The military has to be working on a "gun" that can fire an EMP burst without harming itself.

I just subscribed to Gemini Advanced and am on a kick. Here's what AI has to say:

Q: Does an EMP 'gun' exist that can fire an EMP burst without harming itself?

A: The feasibility of a true EMP "gun" poses some challenges and depends on how you define the concept:

Traditional EMP Weapons

Directional EMP Bursts
Cyberwarfare Angle
Why the Interest in EMP Guns?
The idea of a portable EMP device is often found in fiction, offering a seemingly non-lethal way to disable technology. However, reality tends to be more complex:
Let me know if you'd like to explore any of the following:

[Reply]
DaFace 10:00 PM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Cloudy but visible in SW Arkansas.
Did a little editing of the levels on another pic to get this closer to what it actually looked like. Still just a shitty cell phone pic, though.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:17 AM 04-10-2024
Still thought it was very cool DaFace! Thanks for sharing, and fixing your shit!
[Reply]
Otter 09:46 AM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Did a little editing of the levels on another pic to get this closer to what it actually looked like. Still just a shitty cell phone pic, though.

What tools did you use to edit?

Definitely more robust than the original.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:19 AM 04-10-2024
Originally Posted by Otter:
What tools did you use to edit?

Definitely more robust than the original.
Just the basic stuff in Google Photos. The auto settings obviously washed it out dramatically - it seems to struggle with a dark photo with one bright spot. I upped the contrast and virtual HDR and lowered the brightness.
[Reply]
Fish 09:18 AM Yesterday
HD Atlas is retiring.

[Reply]
Fish 09:21 AM Yesterday
Say hello to the next generation of Atlas!

We are unveiling the next generation of humanoid robots—a fully electric Atlas robot designed for real-world applications. The new Atlas builds on decades of research and furthers our commitment to delivering the most capable, useful mobile robots solving the toughest challenges in industry today: with Spot, with Stretch, and now with Atlas. Stay tuned to see what the world’s most dynamic humanoid robot can really do—in the lab, in the factory, and in our lives.

Read more: https://www.youtube.com/redirect?eve...&v=29ECwExc-_M

[Reply]
ThrobProng 10:24 AM Yesterday

We are unveiling the next generation of humanoid robots—a fully electric Atlas robot designed for real-world applications. The new Atlas builds on decades of research and furthers our commitment to delivering the most capable, useful mobile robots solving the toughest challenges in industry today: with Spot, with Stretch, and now with Atlas. Stay tuned to see what the world’s most dynamic humanoid robot can really do—in the lab, in the factory, and in our lives.
"Can we ****s it?" ~ Gollum
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:30 AM Yesterday

The way that thing gets up off the ground is TOTALLLY not creepy or anything....
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:19 PM Yesterday

This is probably an unpopular opinion so trigger warning I guess, but I've always wished Elon Musk would've bought Boston Dynamics rather than fucking twitter!? Not that they were for sale, necessarily, but either was Twitter. Makes so much more sense to pair the leading robotics org with his other tech companies, rather than burn a few billion ruining a social media platform for clout lol. He previously talked bout turning Tesla into an umbrella corporation which would've included Tesla, Space-X, Neurolink, xAI, Solar City, The Boring Company and in this hypothetical Boston Dynamics rather than Twitter. Pretty cool if you ask me, reminds me of the Weyland-Yutani Corp form the Aliens movies lol
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:46 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
This is probably an unpopular opinion so trigger warning I guess, but I've always wished Elon Musk would've bought Boston Dynamics rather than ****ing twitter!? Not that they were for sale, necessarily, but either was Twitter. Makes so much more sense to pair the leading robotics org with his other tech companies, rather than burn a few billion ruining a social media platform for clout lol. He previously talked bout turning Tesla into an umbrella corporation which would've included Tesla, Space-X, Neurolink, xAI, Solar City, The Boring Company and in this hypothetical Boston Dynamics rather than Twitter. Pretty cool if you ask me, reminds me of the Weyland-Yutani Corp form the Aliens movies lol
The guy can't even run Tesla right anymore. He'd bankrupt Boston Dynamics by doing some of his normal stupid shit.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 12:31 AM Today
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
This is probably an unpopular opinion so trigger warning I guess, but I've always wished Elon Musk would've bought Boston Dynamics rather than ****ing twitter!? Not that they were for sale, necessarily, but either was Twitter. Makes so much more sense to pair the leading robotics org with his other tech companies, rather than burn a few billion ruining a social media platform for clout lol. He previously talked bout turning Tesla into an umbrella corporation which would've included Tesla, Space-X, Neurolink, xAI, Solar City, The Boring Company and in this hypothetical Boston Dynamics rather than Twitter. Pretty cool if you ask me, reminds me of the Weyland-Yutani Corp form the Aliens movies lol
Its not hard for someone like Musk to duplicate Boston Dynamics. It would be very difficult for someone like Musk to duplicate Twitter. Sure he could easily build a clone, but getting the traction to overtake Twitter and supplant it not so easy. Social media platforms tend to have niches were one company utterly dominates the niche.

Musk's Optimus humanoid robot isn't that far behind anything Boston Dynamics is building. This kind of product isn't like social media. There can be several big players all selling essentially the same kind of thing....humanoind robots.
[Reply]
Page 221 of 221
« First < 121171211217218219220221
Up