ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Andrew Yang 2020 - Yang Gang - Universal Basic Income
BWillie 08:42 AM 12-10-2019
Andrew Yang making headlines with his universal basic income of $1,000 per month, $12,000 a year being paid to EVERY US CITIZEN no matter what. Regardless of income. He calls it a freedom dividend.

He seems to appeal to some one issue voters as he has some different views about some things as well. They aren't all liberal, either. He has some libertarian views although he's mainly liberal. It's interesting he is okay with giving $1,000 per month to rich people and poor people alike. I've came around on the UBI idea at some point, but we may be early with it. Eventually automation and AI will have the majority of the jobs. He plans to tax corporations with AI/robots/automation heavily. Which kind of makes sense if they are taking jobs away, yet improving efficiency & increasing revenue.
[Reply]
scho63 04:45 PM 12-10-2019
BWillie; You know Trump won right?

Just checking......
[Reply]
patteeu 04:48 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Close. But I think about the time everything gets more expensive and the $1,000 no longer means anything, they will take it away.
Maybe we’ll both be right. They’ll start means testing it, double the amount for lower incomes and take it away from everyone else.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:44 PM 12-10-2019
I thought Yang was supposed to be smart, yet here he is with this Beto level pandering in hopes of ginning up some support

You still joining this guys gang, Banyon?
[Reply]
stevieray 07:06 PM 12-10-2019
300 mill times a thousand every month.

sounds legit.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 07:48 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Close. But I think about the time everything gets more expensive and the $1,000 no longer means anything, they will take it away.
When has the government ever taken away a handout? I honestly might be forgetting some time but I don't think it has ever happened.

Buying votes. That is the end game with the handouts. Neither side will take away a handout as long as the good ole US of A has a functioning credit card :-)

Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
JFK would probably poll pretty high too.

Hillary's not running.
I'd likely vote JFK if he were running this election cycle. And that's the honest truth:-)

Originally Posted by Buehler445:
They’d label him alt-right.
Without a doubt!!
[Reply]
Bump 07:50 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
When has the government ever taken away a handout? I honestly might be forgetting some time but I don't think it has ever happened.

Buying votes. That is the end game with the handouts. Neither side will take away a handout as long as the good ole US of A has a functioning credit card :-)

I'd likely vote JFK if he were running this election cycle. And that's the honest truth:-)

Without a doubt!!
JFK would receive the exact same treatment that Trump received from the media. It was easy to just kill people back then and get away with it.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:47 PM 12-10-2019
The YING and the YANG!
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:49 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
JFK would receive the exact same treatment that Trump received from the media. It was easy to just kill people back then and get away with it.
Dead JFK would probably order a inspection of ISRAEL's DIMONA Nuclear facility. Are you cool with that?
[Reply]
BWillie 09:49 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
300 mill times a thousand every month.

sounds legit.
Cut the military in half and you could give everyone $3,000 a month if you wanted.
[Reply]
Taco John 10:21 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm sorry. I apologize. I thought this was America?

I don't really follow political candidates, especially democrats. Didn't see a thread about him. Does he have any chance? I would think he has a better chance than Bloomberg who has absolutely no chance. White billionaire democrat - GL with that. There is a certain percentage of liberals who will lose their shit at any rich person doesn't just give 99% of their wealth away to charity and think they should just die.

Yang just appears to be a very very interesting candidate to me. I don't know why he isn't getting more run.

Because he's a huge dork.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:23 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I thought Yang was supposed to be smart, yet here he is with this Beto level pandering in hopes of ginning up some support

You still joining this guys gang, Banyon?
Pandering? Dude, it's pretty clear that regardless of whatever you think of UBI, whether it's good or bad, Yang strongly believes in it as a good policy.

You can call it dumb, but Yang isn't pandering. He basically started running for president just so he could make the concept of UBI so much more well-known and talked about in American elections.

He's definitely a smart guy. I don't think he's presidential, and he doesn't have Trump's charisma or ability to pick off political opponents with his words, but he's still clearly an innovative thinker.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 10:29 PM 12-10-2019
It seems to me the only way a UBI would work is if you imposed a flat federal income tax. The more congress spends, the more voters pay attention to it because how it affects their monthly 'income'.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:36 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Cut the military in half and you could give everyone $3,000 a month if you wanted.

:-)

1K to 300 million is three hundred billion EVERY month or almost a trillion dollars every three months.

.....and you gamble?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up