ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1184 of 3903
« First < 18468410841134117411801181118211831184 118511861187118811941234128416842184 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 09:30 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Dr. Anthony Fauci: There are 'good signs' in US battle against coronavirus, but we're far from 'claiming victory'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dr...ry/ar-BB12fedO
That's good, but odd coming off the heals of the worst day in NY in regards to new deaths in a day...
[Reply]
O.city 09:30 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Can anyone tell me the percentage of positive tests ? I thought I had read in here that is was less than 10%, but I may be misremembering.
Last i saw it was like 16% or so. But thats down from 23%.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:30 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
On that, I could agree(I sure hope that’s the case)the part I think is far fetched is getting everyone to Arizona to play everyday in the 112 degree heat on top of al the other logistic issues. Hopefully, we’re so far along by June things can start to resume as normal.
Another key issue that will need to be addressed is access to medical care for injuries.

For example, Dr. James Andrews has suspended performing Tommy John surgeries because they are considered non-urgent surgeries.

If a baseball player injuries his knee or tears a ligament will that be considered a non-urgent surgery/treatment?

While it may not be urgent for his life, the delay in surgery/treatment certainly could impact his future career performance potential.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:31 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
This thread has done at least one thing good for me....

Extra Toasty Cheeze-it’s are ****ing amazing.
Dude, yes! The Extra Toasty ones kick fucking ass. I tried them for the first time a few months back and they were awesome. My fiance acted like she couldn't taste a difference, but she also told me one time that she couldn't see the difference between HD and SD on TV.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:32 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And now I'm repeating myself.

The insistence on viewing this strictly as a medical question when there are sociological, psychological and yes, economic considerations in play is what's creating half-cocked decisions.

This isn't something that can be addressed as a strictly medical question because for the overwhelming majority of Americans, it will have very little medical impact on them.

The issue is without barely any testing it only takes 1 infected person in a community and it can spread like wildfire. We don't have the testing capability to do covert and trace testing and tracking.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:33 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
QFMFT

Hell, around here you can bet at one time or another your kid will come home from school with head lice and you're lucky if it only happens one time a year. I can only imagine what would happen if the schools stayed in session during all this.
That shit is real bad now because schools no longer check for head lice, some idiot parent bitches that it was an invasion of privacy. So now your kids are going to school with other ones that are infested because their parents don't care.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 09:33 AM 04-07-2020
I wrote a local newspaper reporter covering Covid asking that they report on the improvements in the data that suggest there is an extremely low probability that care will be rationed (recent articles were still suggesting this likelihood). Here's the response:

"Thank you for reaching out. I got your last email as well. I'm very familiar with the IHME and think they do good work. The reason I haven't written about these projections is that they don't square with what I'm hearing from my sources who work in health care (some of whom I asked to look at these projections). I don't take any joy in reporting less optimistic projections, but I can't report information where there are concerns about accuracy. To your larger point, our newsroom is working on a few stories that I hope will find improvements from the steps everyone has taken so far.

Please let me know if you come across anything else that we may be missing!"

Fair enough. But I think they should at least write that the model the federal government is using is far more sanguine than what they are reporting.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:34 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Can anyone tell me the percentage of positive tests ? I thought I had read in here that is was less than 10%, but I may be misremembering.
In this country:

Tests given = 1,955,400

Total cases (positive tests?) = 377,499

So the math would tell us that 377,499 / 1,955,400 = 0.19 or 19% positive
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:34 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yup plus once again I encourage everyone to go look at China and SK. They start opening things up and then have to pull back. We won't be any different.
Right.

It's going to be tough to find that middle ground where people lives are back to normal but not too normal where the virus starts spreading again. Until a vaccine comes out USA is going to be very different even when things start opening up. But at least it will be better than what we are currently dealing with.

Just going to take time and patience. No way around it.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:36 AM 04-07-2020
So apparently trump owns shares in the company Sanofi which makes Plaquenil.

How convenient for him to be pushing this constantly without knowing what he is talking about.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:36 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
The issue is without barely any testing it only takes 1 infected person in a community and it can spread like wildfire. We don't have the testing capability to do covert and trace testing and tracking.
So what would you propose? Lock up everyone, test them, keep the negative people locked up until all the positive people are recovered or dead?
[Reply]
petegz28 09:37 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
So apparently trump owns shares in the company Sanofi which makes Plaquenil.

How convenient for him to be pushing this constantly without knowing what he is talking about.
Take it to DC already
[Reply]
Mecca 09:37 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
This thread has done at least one thing good for me....

Extra Toasty Cheeze-it’s are fucking amazing.
I could have told you that years ago, my dad retired from there 2 years ago, he brought home boxes of every god damn kind of cheeze it and other shit too since it's owned by kelloggs.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:38 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And now I'm repeating myself.

The insistence on viewing this strictly as a medical question when there are sociological, psychological and yes, economic considerations in play is what's creating half-cocked decisions.

This isn't something that can be addressed as a strictly medical question because for the overwhelming majority of Americans, it will have very little medical impact on them.
That is true but the virologist will see it that way and the Economist will see it in another and all that info was passed onto to our leaders and they made an informed decision based on both and this is what they chose unfortunately.
[Reply]
O.city 09:39 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
In this country:

Tests given = 1,955,400

Total cases (positive tests?) = 377,499

So the math would tell us that 377,499 / 1,955,400 = 0.19 or 19% positive
Whats crazy to me is if you buy into some of the recent stuff out of SK and China (grain of salt the size of the world) we may be catching a fraction of the infected.

Even if we're catching 20%, that 80 % is a huge number
[Reply]
Page 1184 of 3903
« First < 18468410841134117411801181118211831184 118511861187118811941234128416842184 > Last »
Up