ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1130 of 3903
« First < 13063010301080112011261127112811291130 113111321133113411401180123016302130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 05:23 PM 04-05-2020
So far so good as far as my family goes, which is pleasently shocking since I am talking 50ish counting the relatives.

What a strange world out there, it does remind me of movies.

We have had to go for food, but that's been it. I know this seems petty now but do miss my sports.

In a word.....worried. In two words.....seriously worried.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:23 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by F150:
Let it loose, prove the doubters wrong and all their selfish interests.
You have GOT to be kidding, right?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:23 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
When leaders start dying is when problems are going to start
Not if their name starts with Nancy! :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:25 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
You want a non-doctor telling people what drugs to take?
Apparently, so do many others here on CP because this topic just keeps reappearing every freaking day, despite the fact that there has been ZERO evidence supporting its effectiveness.

It's like a broken record.
[Reply]
jdubya 05:26 PM 04-05-2020
But on Sunday Dr Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top doctor on infectious diseases and a key member of the White House task force, was adamant there was nothing to suggest the medicine had any benefit against coronavirus.

“In terms of science, I don’t think we can definitively say it works,” he told CBS’s Face the Nation.

“The data are really just at best suggestive. There have been cases that show there may be an effect and there are others to show there’s no effect.”

On 21 March, the day after another nationally-televised Trump claim that the drug “looked promising”, Fauci was asked directly if it could be used to treat Covid-19.

“The answer is no,” he said.
"This is not a major threat to the people of the US and this is not something the citizens should be worried about right now..." Dr. Fauci 1/21/2020

Dr. Fauci is a bright man but he is far from infallible. I truly think he needs to be part of a bigger team of equals than be a singular lead
[Reply]
Donger 05:27 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Apparently, so do many others here on CP because this topic just keeps reappearing every freaking day, despite the fact that there has been ZERO evidence supporting its effectiveness.

It's like a broken record.
Yes, and they all have something in common.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:27 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I think for people that are hospitalized, sure, why not. But we don't need the general public demanding scripts of it from their doctors.
Dude, that's not the way medicine and doctors work.

You can't just prescribe some random medicine to people, especially elderly people with underlying conditions, without serious clinical trials.

If you just give it to someone on diabetic meds or blood pressure meds or blood thinners, of which there are scores of different meds, without true clinical testing, you could end up with more dead than if you let this virus run its course.
[Reply]
Donger 05:28 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
"This is not a major threat to the people of the US and this is not something the citizens should be worried about right now..." Dr. Fauci 1/21/2020

Dr. Fauci is a bright man but he is far from infallible. I truly think he needs to be part of a bigger team of equals than be a singular lead
And he was correct when he said that on January 21. We had one case.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:30 PM 04-05-2020
Yes, and they all have something in common.
Yes, no background in medicine, pharmacology, chemistry, genetics, neuroscience and biology.

There's probably more but my fingers are tired from typing. :-)
[Reply]
TLO 05:31 PM 04-05-2020
Dude, that's not the way medicine and doctors work.

You can't just prescribe some random medicine to people, especially elderly people with underlying conditions, without serious clinical trials.

If you just give it to someone on diabetic meds or blood pressure meds or blood thinners, etc. and so on, without true clinical testing, you could end up with more dead than if you let this virus run its course.
I 100% understand and agree with you. I think under the right circumstances, with the right patient, it has the opportunity to make some impact. I'm also fully aware that this is more than likely wishful thinking on my part. And of course doctors shouldn't be handing it out to people on metformin, with heart troubles, etc etc.
[Reply]
jdubya 05:31 PM 04-05-2020
And he was correct when he said that on January 21. We had one case.
Um, i think some would say the US had something to worry about but if you disagree, thats OK.
[Reply]
Donger 05:32 PM 04-05-2020
Yes, no background in medicine, pharmacology, chemistry, genetics, neuroscience and biology.

There's probably more but my fingers are tired from typing. :-)
There is.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:33 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I 100% understand and agree with you. I think under the right circumstances, with the right patient, it has the opportunity to make some impact. I'm also fully aware that this is more than likely wishful thinking on my part.
Doctors shouldn't be guessing, period.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:33 PM 04-05-2020
Why would you waste a test on a Tiger when we are short on supply, not like he is riding the subway with his cough.
[Reply]
Donger 05:33 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Um, i think some would say the US had something to worry about but if you disagree, thats OK.
That's why I bolded the important part: "right now". Like I said, we only had one case on January 21.
[Reply]
Page 1130 of 3903
« First < 13063010301080112011261127112811291130 113111321133113411401180123016302130 > Last »
Up