Media Center>Avengers (4) End Game - SPOILER FREE THREAD
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:45 AM 12-07-2018

Part of the journey is the end. pic.twitter.com/vejn1Bx8Nz

— Marvel Studios (@MarvelStudios) December 7, 2018

[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:38 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Wow, insane
$1,500,000,000.00 opening weekend worldwide. That is indeed insane. Disney should lower the subscription price on their new TV channel venture.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:51 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
You can skip Iron Man 2 and 3, Iron Man 2 introduces War Machine and Black Widow but little else, and Iron Man 3 is a heaping piece of shit.

So by my count:
Captain America 1
Thor 1
Avengers 1
Cap 2
Thor 2
Guardians of the Galaxy 1
Avengers 2
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Dr Strange
Ant Man
Captain America Civil War
Spiderman Homecoming
Black Panther
Ant Man and the Wasp
Captain Marvel

Watch these last three in this order:
Thor Ragnarok
Avengers Infinity War
Avengers End Game
Ideally, sure, but that's a pretty tall order for a n00b to cover all of those just to see Endgame.

From my prospective, the mandatory ones would be the ones directed by the Russo brothers:

Captain America: Winter Soldier
Captain America: Civil War
Avengers: Infinity War

If I went one step beyond that, I'd add in Ragnarok before Infinity war. Maybe "The Avengers" and GOTG 1 due to some pretty iconic references there.

The rest all add something for sure, and in an ideal world you'd just watch them all, but if you're looking to just get to Endgame ASAP, those would get you immersed enough to enjoy it well.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:26 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
$1,500,000,000.00 opening weekend worldwide. That is indeed insane. Disney should lower the subscription price on their new TV channel venture.

Good luck with that.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:53 PM 04-28-2019
The amazing thing to me is that it obliterated records even if you adjust for inflation.

Be interesting to see where it ends up.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:05 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The amazing thing to me is that it obliterated records even if you adjust for inflation.

I still don't necessarily predict it'll break the total box office records. It's got a shot, but I bet it won't have as long a tail as others since so many people are seeing it early to avoid spoilers.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:15 PM 04-28-2019
It might pass Avatar, but Titanic is a tall order. Especially for a summer flick. There wasn't anything else going on when those two were in theaters. Whereas Pokemen is likely to make some bank in two weeks. Then it's John Wick 3, which I don't expect to be huge necessarily, but it'll bite into potential repeat Endgame viewers. And then it's Aladdin.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:48 PM 04-28-2019
Fantastic movie ... loved it
[Reply]
Rausch 10:52 PM 05-02-2019
Disappointed in this movie. I thought the first one was the best Superhero movie ever. Maybe expected too much? It was a fantastic movie on so many levels. Not dissing, just wanted more of certain parts and less of other parts. Will post quick thoughts in the spoiler thread.
There were definitely some missed opportunities.

Some things (ending of Cap Marvel and beginning of Endgame) just don't synch up after the Cap Marvel movie. Some things are either ignored or unexplained and loose ends are not a weakness the Russo's normally have.

It's also pretty clear the next phase of the MCU will be "woke till it's broke."
[Reply]
Sorry 09:46 PM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
There were definitely some missed opportunities.

Some things (ending of Cap Marvel and beginning of Endgame) just don't synch up after the Cap Marvel movie. Some things are either ignored or unexplained and loose ends are not a weakness the Russo's normally have.

It's also pretty clear the next phase of the MCU will be "woke till it's broke."
Capt marvel was before Capt America
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:54 PM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I still don't necessarily predict it'll break the total box office records. It's got a shot, but I bet it won't have as long a tail as others since so many people are seeing it early to avoid spoilers.

No movie is ever earning more than Gone with the wind. Inflation adjusted $7.2 BILLION box office in the USA only. There was no accounting for any global ticket sales st the time.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:28 PM 05-03-2019
No movie is ever earning more than Gone with the wind. Inflation adjusted $7.2 BILLION box office in the USA only. There was no accounting for any global ticket sales st the time.
Box office mojo has it under 2 billion, adjusted.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

Although I agree that's not a domestic number we'll likely ever see passed. Force Awakens was only a little above half of that (domestic...). And I can't really imagine another movie as hyped as either that or Endgame was.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:39 AM 05-04-2019
Box office mojo has it under 2 billion, adjusted.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

Although I agree that's not a domestic number we'll likely ever see passed. Force Awakens was only a little above half of that (domestic...). And I can't really imagine another movie as hyped as either that or Endgame was.
April 30th article in business insider magazine says mojo has it estimated at $402 million worldwide. 2019 $’s = $7.26 Billion

"Gone with the Wind," originally released in 1939, grossed $189 million domestically (not counting its multiple re-releases) and $402 million worldwide, according to Box Office Mojo.

Wiki has it at $3.3 billion with no overseas money but we know it was a big hit world wide at the time. Turner had it at $7.2 billion.

So the $7 billion number is when they try to guessestimate the global ticket sales.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:53 AM 05-04-2019
That makes more sense. You had specified USA only...

Although nearly 5.5 billion international on top of 1.8 billion domestic seems like a lot.

But that's picking nits, and doesn't really have anything to do with Engame and how it's performing 80 years later
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:03 AM 05-04-2019
That makes more sense. You had specified USA only...

Although nearly 5.5 billion international on top of 1.8 billion domestic seems like a lot.

But that's picking nits, and doesn't really have anything to do with Engame and how it's performing 80 years later
modern day times it looks like it’s in the Titanic and Avatar neighborhood already Monday.
[Reply]
Sorry 11:41 AM 05-04-2019
Can someone explain to me how the fuck gone with the wind was that popular or link me
[Reply]
Page 22 of 23
« First < 121819202122 23 >
Up