ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 NBA Offseason Thread
Sassy Squatch 07:15 AM 11-17-2020

Sources: After turning down an extension offer to become the first $50M a year player in league history, James Harden’s message to Houston is clear: Get me to Brooklyn. Rockets and Nets have been in contact, but there’s been no meaningful dialogue. https://t.co/qwJOQOxz5U

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) November 17, 2020

Houston sports are bursting into flames.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:13 AM 01-14-2021
LeBron deserves even more credit for being able to win a championship with the biggest loser in sports... Kyrie Irving.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:20 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Simmons and Russilo are Celtics fans who have an emotional vested interest in it not working out. Their opinion would be different had the Celtics traded Jaylen Brown for him, I can assure you.

Harden will be back and posting his ridiculous 40 point triple double lines on high efficiency within the month. He already showed he could do that earlier this month while 25 pounds overweight and he was trying to get traded. He will have to cut the usage down a bit but he’s got a likely top 10 player in NBA history Kevin Durant on his team to carry the load.

The only real concern with that team for me is Kyrie’s mental state. I’m not convinced he cares at all about basketball anymore and that probably won’t change regardless of any Harden trade. If he plays, though, that team is essentially unstoppable offensively.
Im not convinced Harden cares much about bball anymore either. He will probably start eating like a fat pig and start partying all the time the minute the Nets do something that pisses him off.

Irving reportedly left Cavs to get out of LeBrons shadow and now he is going to play w Harden and Durant? Doesn't seem like a match made in heaven.

Then you got ultrasensitive Mama's boy Durant who will probably get into an argument w some one on the team at some point and then ruin team chemistry.

If it works out I'm sure Nets will be a great team and fun to watch but I don't think it will with those personalities. Have to wait and see.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:22 PM 01-14-2021

Reminder:
James Harden AND Kevin Durant AND Kyrie Irving have player options on the final year of their contracts, which means all 3 players can become unrestricted free agents after next season.

This seems important considering the Nets traded away all their first-round picks

— Tommy Beer (@TommyBeer) January 13, 2021

[Reply]
Buehler445 12:55 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Simmons and Russilo are Celtics fans who have an emotional vested interest in it not working out. Their opinion would be different had the Celtics traded Jaylen Brown for him, I can assure you.

Harden will be back and posting his ridiculous 40 point triple double lines on high efficiency within the month. He already showed he could do that earlier this month while 25 pounds overweight and he was trying to get traded. He will have to cut the usage down a bit but he’s got a likely top 10 player in NBA history Kevin Durant on his team to carry the load.

The only real concern with that team for me is Kyrie’s mental state. I’m not convinced he cares at all about basketball anymore and that probably won’t change regardless of any Harden trade. If he plays, though, that team is essentially unstoppable offensively.
You can make the argument for Simmons maybe, but not Russillo he gives no fucks who wins anymore.

And Simmons will put his stuff aside for objective basketball analysis. He’s quick to say the Lakers are the best team in the league, LBJ is the best in the league, AD is filthy and they’re the team to beat.

The problem with your argument is they presented good basketball analysis, not fan schlock.

Like I said. It can work. But a lot has to go right.

As far as Kyrie, who the hell knows. I’d take 50/50 odds on him being done forever.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:28 PM 01-14-2021
It's been fun watching young guys step up when their teams are low in numbers. Tyreese Maxey and, last night, Alexander-Walker have been fun to watch. OKC should be fascinating once all of their picks get on the roster.

Hell, even the Atlanta Hawks have a fun, young roster. Once Okongwu gets healthy, they'll be even better.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:38 PM 01-14-2021

IM 36!!!!! IM 36!!!! STOP THROWING THE BALL 😡😡😡🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣💀 https://t.co/KkU32nQVKU

— LeBron James (@KingJames) January 14, 2021

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:08 PM 01-14-2021
:-) Rockets fans are review bombing Hardens restaurant that hasn't even opened in Houston.

“The taste was fine during the appetizer but when it was down to when it really mattered, the main dish was stale”
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:29 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Rockets fans are review bombing Hardens restaurant that hasn't even opened in Houston.

“The taste was fine during the appetizer but when it was down to when it really mattered, the main dish was stale”
ZOMG
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:25 PM 01-14-2021
Durant went from the Splash Brothers to the Dribble Brothers -Barkley :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:05 PM 01-14-2021
Why is Kelly Oubre so bad at basketball? Good Lord.

Then again, why did Golden State trade for this loser?
[Reply]
Miles 11:02 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:

He seemed pretty solid during his time with the Suns but apparently forgot how to play this season.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:05 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:

They traded for 2 reasons.

1. He was available.

2. Klay was not.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Up