ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 150 of 173
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Dante84 02:25 PM 04-07-2017
Ed, I had a wonderful time meeting you and your mother back in '14, when I was back home for Christmas. Thank you for inviting me into your home, sharing your story and being a huge source of inspiration for me these past few years.

You are a phenomenal person, and have had a immensely profound impact on my life.

You're a warrior.
[Reply]
Spokane Chief Fan 02:27 PM 04-07-2017
Ed I can't say it any better than the rest of the board has, but please remember you have touched all in a great way. God's speed.
[Reply]
Bwana 02:28 PM 04-07-2017
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I have very bad news. My blood tests had terrible numbers and my body is just worn down while my liver is getting ever worse. I can't handle more treatments and I am getting hospice care. I have two or three weeks left to live.

I want to thank all of you so much for the prayers, support and love. It has made a difference. My final battle awaits and I will win because the cancer dies with me and I am the one who will kill it.
So sorry to hear this Ed, damn. :-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 02:49 PM 04-07-2017
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop:
Ed. Keep fighting and we will keep praying for a miracle. Visitors allowed?
I've had lots of people coming to see me, and it does good for me.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:02 PM 04-07-2017
God's blessings Ed. Thank you for what you have done here.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:09 PM 04-07-2017
So sorry that it had to end this way - your battle has been inspirational.

See you on the other side.
[Reply]
Donger 03:13 PM 04-07-2017
I'm so sorry to hear this news, Ed. Your courage has been inspirational, and that inspiration will continue for a very long time. You will be truly missed, but never forgotten.

Donger
[Reply]
Al Bundy 03:21 PM 04-07-2017
Frazod said it best..... Sorry to hear this Ed.
[Reply]
Renegade 03:22 PM 04-07-2017
If I lived closer, I would love to stop by. Just not in the cards for me.
[Reply]
Sideburn 03:30 PM 04-07-2017
Mr. Lonewolf Ed, I've never interacted with you, and until this moment you didn't know that I was here.
However, you and your battles were an inspiration to me and my family and I often shared your battles with my grandmother as she needed help fighting hers. You were a point of inspiration for her and she would often reference you and say when she was having a tough go, that "if that Lonewolf guy can continue to fight and keep his attitude, then I can too".
Bless you man, I don't think anyone here can properly surmise what you mean to so many people. You will be in my family's thoughts as you accept your next challenge. Thank you for your strength and courage.
[Reply]
kc rush 03:53 PM 04-07-2017
God bless you Ed. You fought hard. You are an inspiration and you will be missed.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:56 PM 04-07-2017
Dang, man. Damn.

I know we've never really interacted, but you're a core part of this community, Ed.

You will be missed greatly.

Damn.
[Reply]
redfan 03:57 PM 04-07-2017
The fucking dust in here is baaad.
Ed, I don't know you but godspeed, bud.
We all win eventually.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:09 PM 04-07-2017
Lonewolf Ed, this is Hogfarmer's wife. I am so sorry to hear about you're condition. My Dad lost his battle with cancer 45 years ago and I know how difficult this is. I know in my heart, there is a better place and I will see my Dad again when my journey on earth is over. May God bless you.
[Reply]
OldSchool 04:14 PM 04-07-2017
Godspeed Ed. It was a pleasure knowing you through these boards.
[Reply]
Page 150 of 173
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160 > Last »
Up