ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 103
« First < 43838990919293 94959697 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Mecole Hardman Thread*****
Dante84 06:56 PM 04-26-2019

THE CALL. ��

Mecole Hardman ➡ #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/R6I0fBkXkS

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 27, 2019

New @Chiefs WR Mecole Hardman’s PFF Draft Guide page.

You can find this and more than 600 others like this at https://t.co/N7X24Lr6At, use promo code “DRAFT19” for 25% off an Edge or Elite subscription.#ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/ZklhqRhmff

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2019

[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:30 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
One of these things is not like the other...

Hardman is an above average 2nd round pick, and MeTcAlF going a few picks later doesn't change that. If your expectations are THAT high for a mid 2nd round pick, then they need adjusting. For crying out loud, he's one of the most productive WRs in that entire draft class.

You can say his development has been a little disappointing because of his upside, but in terms of his "draft status" he's absolutely better than average.
The bold is exactly what I'm saying and will continue to say until he realizes his true potential or is allowed to walk.

I like Hardman the best of the bunch. That's actually why I'm hardest on him. He is already the best gadget guy in the NFL, IMO, but he could be a really good WR and he isn't because of some small, mental things, which frustrates me.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:32 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by lcarus:
On the play where Mahomes immediately threw it to Fortson in the left end zone, Hardman was wide open streaking across the middle from the right side. Should've been an easy TD.
I need to watch it again, but from memory there could have been two issues:

1) That was a 1-on-1 fade to Fortson all the way and if so you need to throw that one immediately (preferably higher next time, Patrick!)

2) I feel like I remember a fake hand-off to the back. If it was a play-action then criticism is fair game and he probably could have gone through some reads, but if it was an RPO then he needed to get rid of it quick before we potentially got flagged for ineligible man downfield.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:32 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Considering production and resources allocated, it makes sense. Hardman, CEH, and Frank Clark aren't producing up to the level expected based on their cap hit or draft status.

Orlando Brown Jr will be there soon if he keeps playing like he has the last couple weeks as well.
I have been as hard on Clyde as just about anyone but what he’s shown so far is what I want to see. He was gritty, he broke long runs and he was a good receiver.

This looks like the guy we drafted
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:40 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I have been as hard on Clyde as just about anyone but what he’s shown so far is what I want to see. He was gritty, he broke long runs and he was a good receiver.

I think I will always resent him due to his limitations but he is looking much better these last two games and I have no problem admitting it.

I hope he continues to play at this level but I will definitely secretly root for Pacheco to win that job. He's just got so much more upside.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:56 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
he had 44 yards :-)
Hardman had 49yds. if you are going to be a wanna be expert and bash people at least have simple stats correct.

He was more efficient than Kelce was last night.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:49 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The bold is exactly what I'm saying and will continue to say until he realizes his true potential or is allowed to walk.

I like Hardman the best of the bunch. That's actually why I'm hardest on him. He is already the best gadget guy in the NFL, IMO, but he could be a really good WR and he isn't because of some small, mental things, which frustrates me.
I don’t see it. As others have said he doesn’t have a feel for the receiver position. Dangerous as hell if he gets the ball with some space though. But you’ve got to deliver a strike to him. He’s not like tyreek who made all kinds of crazy in air adjustments to get to the ball.

But nobody should be upset about having a gadget weapon like this pretty much for free. We just need other WRs to step up so mecole can play a role instead of being the guy.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:52 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

It's been really fun. I was the last holdout of my friends who still believed he could turn it around. I'm so happy about it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:56 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Hardman had 49yds. if you are going to be a wanna be expert and bash people at least have simple stats correct.

He was more efficient than Kelce was last night.
nothing special

the breakout season ain't happening
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:43 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I don’t see it. As others have said he doesn’t have a feel for the receiver position. Dangerous as hell if he gets the ball with some space though. But you’ve got to deliver a strike to him. He’s not like tyreek who made all kinds of crazy in air adjustments to get to the ball.

But nobody should be upset about having a gadget weapon like this pretty much for free. We just need other WRs to step up so mecole can play a role instead of being the guy.
Oh, he is 100% not the natural footballer Hill is but that's not an indictment on Hardman. Hill is one of the better football players in the league.

On the positive side, he's got speed and quickness that you just can't teach and his hands are actually pretty good. You can get a more natural feel for the game by continuing to play. Since he's so young, I am holding out hope that he becomes a true WR. I won't be surprised in the least if he's already maxed out though.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:59 PM 09-17-2022
Perfect play design by Andy to set up Mecole. Unfortunately Patrick missed im him but it should be a staple in the offense.

He probably gets 15-20 yards on that one

Pocket is in the midst of collapsing, so Patrick lets the ball go. However, if he was looking at Kelce, it would have been a huge gain or possibly a touchdown to ice the game. pic.twitter.com/UFRvLbAuVP

— Zack Eisen (@zackeisen21) September 17, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:01 PM 09-17-2022
fuck, that would have been a fun capper :-)

keep blitzing you fucking retards
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:52 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
he had 44 yards :-)
This is true.

What's also true:

Hardman was tied for third most receptions among the TEN (10) KC receivers that caught balls on Thursday, with 3 (the average was 2)

He gained the third most yards on the team (49yds)

He had the second most yards/catch (16.3yds/reception)

Second longest reception (30yds)

caught three balls on four targets (75% rec. rate)

Here's the thing: if Pat really keeps spreading the ball around the way he has the first two games, no one on the team is going to have really big solo numbers. Most of our receivers will have 3-4 catches/game for the season, outside of Kelce.

Mecole had himself a good game, and he did it without being a gadget guy. Check the tape; he's running solid routes creating leverage and space for himself at the break, and catching some tough contested balls. That catch to secure the first down pass on that little hook route is a perfect example.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:05 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This is true.

What's also true:

Hardman was tied for third most receptions among the TEN (10) KC receivers that caught balls on Thursday, with 3 (the average was 2)

He gained the third most yards on the team (49yds)

He had the second most yards/catch (16.3yds/reception)

Second longest reception (30yds)

caught three balls on four targets (75% rec. rate)

Here's the thing: if Pat really keeps spreading the ball around the way he has the first two games, no one on the team is going to have really big solo numbers. Most of our receivers will have 3-4 catches/game for the season, outside of Kelce.

Mecole had himself a good game, and he did it without being a gadget guy. Check the tape; he's running solid routes creating leverage and space for himself at the break, and catching some tough contested balls. That catch to secure the first down pass on that little hook route is a perfect example.
Great post.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:47 AM 09-26-2022
I think part of the offense's problem is trying to make Mecole something he's not tbh. Seven catches in three games for 60 yards? This is a big problem. Imo he's just not a fluid receiver who knows the nuances of the position. We're better off getting Moore or Watson more involved in the offense now than let this continue In the same way.
[Reply]
TEX 06:09 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I think part of the offense's problem is trying to make Mecole something he's not tbh. Seven catches in three games for 60 yards? This is a big problem. Imo he's just not a fluid receiver who knows the nuances of the position. We're better off getting Moore or Watson more involved in the offense now than let this continue In the same way.
Yep. And let Mecole return kicks and punts and run the gadget stuff. He is what he is, so let's start using him that way.
[Reply]
Page 93 of 103
« First < 43838990919293 94959697 > Last »
Up